Author Topic: Official 2018 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 133069 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2018 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #875 on: December 05, 2019, 08:39:51 AM »
Rare whiff by katdaddy
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 05, 2019, 10:46:08 AM »
https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

I think he deserves to be paid in the top 40 in exchange for a much higher buyout in the next couple of years.  This would be pretty standard for a coach who was underpaid as far as P5 coaches go coming in.  Underwood had a similar deal at OSU, overachieved, and bolted when the admin played hardball. 

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 05, 2019, 04:33:19 PM »
I would be surprised if he gets poached but I do think he'll draw some interest.  I would be surprised if K-State doesn't extend him with a new contract.  His relationship with our AD makes it seem as though he has a good situation here.  The openings that would consider him also wouldn't be enough of a step up barring some personal connection, imho.

What do you think we should pay our first year coach.  you do know he's the 28th highest paid coach in the CFS.  If you look at what he made his pervious years, maybe the 3.5mil KSU is paying is sufficient.

umm, he made 2.3M this year.

This seams to state the mixup:  The salary pool for Chris Klieman’s inaugural staff of football assistants at Kansas State comes out to $3.55 million.  Add on Klieman’s base salary of $2.3 million and the Wildcats are spending $5.85 million on football coaches in 2019. They spent more last season ($7.08 million) with LHC Bill Snyder earning $3.5 million.
  https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article224614975.html
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 04:44:36 PM by Katdaddy »
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 05, 2019, 04:37:43 PM »
reading isn't for everyone

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 05, 2019, 04:47:28 PM »
reading isn't for everyone

I missed the part that it included his coaching staff.  :facepalm:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 05, 2019, 11:44:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/gabedearmond/status/1200803824203681792

Missouri is a dumpster fire right now.  Their basketball team just lost to Charleston Southern last night, and currently hold a 4-4 overall record.  They deserve every bit of it, though.  SEC's greener pastures, though.

Not to get all birther pit in here, but Missouri turned into a dumpster fire when they started letting the inmates run that asylum. It just so happens that moment occurred at the same time they moved to the SEC.

If that school burned to the ground, I'd laugh.

What does this mean?

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 06, 2019, 05:52:44 AM »
 I assume the whole hunger strike from rich kid thing.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 06, 2019, 08:03:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/gabedearmond/status/1200803824203681792

Missouri is a dumpster fire right now.  Their basketball team just lost to Charleston Southern last night, and currently hold a 4-4 overall record.  They deserve every bit of it, though.  SEC's greener pastures, though.

Not to get all birther pit in here, but Missouri turned into a dumpster fire when they started letting the inmates run that asylum. It just so happens that moment occurred at the same time they moved to the SEC.

If that school burned to the ground, I'd laugh.

What does this mean?

Right wingers think missouri sucks because the President was forced to resign in 2015.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 06, 2019, 10:16:23 AM »
The President, the Chancellor, the Athletic Director all resigned, enrollment dropped by 35%, seven dormitories closed, 400 personnel were laid off, a professor caught on camera advocating for the physical assault of journalists just covering events...

but yeah, it's all just right winger bs.  :rolleyes:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 06, 2019, 11:00:53 AM »
The President, the Chancellor, the Athletic Director all resigned, enrollment dropped by 35%, seven dormitories closed, 400 personnel were laid off, a professor caught on camera advocating for the physical assault of journalists just covering events...

I'm not saying Missouri wasn't/isn't a dumpster fire.  I'm saying blaming it all on students for protesting is a stretch

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: December 06, 2019, 11:13:21 AM »

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 06, 2019, 04:29:29 PM »

Even if all that were true, it had nothing to do with their football program. It would seem more rational to just chalk it up to Odom being a mediocre coach, at a historically mediocre program. He averaged 6 wins in four years. That 6 wins matches the average of the last two coaches, the last four coaches, the last five, the last six coaches. But yeah, I'm sure Odom living up to what their historical standard has been is all the fault of the libs.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 07, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »
https://www.koamnewsnow.com/sports/college-sports/report-toledo-oc-brian-wright-to-be-named-pitt-state-head-football-coach/1148930460

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Seems like an odd move given his career arc (he's been D-I/D-IAA most of his career, now going down to DII). Is there some kind of local connection?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 09, 2019, 10:26:10 AM »

Even if all that were true, it had nothing to do with their football program. It would seem more rational to just chalk it up to Odom being a mediocre coach, at a historically mediocre program. He averaged 6 wins in four years. That 6 wins matches the average of the last two coaches, the last four coaches, the last five, the last six coaches. But yeah, I'm sure Odom living up to what their historical standard has been is all the fault of the libs.

It's not "even if that were all true", it is all true. None of it is up for debate. Also, it has a lot to do with the football program when the time frame that I'm talking about occurred.

https://www.si.com/college/2015/11/09/missouri-football-protest-racism-tim-wolfe

WildcatNkilt mentioned their b-ball program and move to the SEC. ChiCat brought up the President's resignation. I'm bringing it all together and saying that there have been institution wide problems that have bled over into all areas of the college that started in 2015.

tl;dr Mizzou is a dumpster fire.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 09, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
Missouri is paying Drinkwitz $4 million per year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 09, 2019, 03:09:09 PM »

It's not "even if that were all true", it is all true. None of it is up for debate. Also, it has a lot to do with the football program when the time frame that I'm talking about occurred.

https://www.si.com/college/2015/11/09/missouri-football-protest-racism-tim-wolfe

WildcatNkilt mentioned their b-ball program and move to the SEC. ChiCat brought up the President's resignation. I'm bringing it all together and saying that there have been institution wide problems that have bled over into all areas of the college that started in 2015.

So you completely ignored that Odom had a tenure exactly the same as every other Missouri football coach outside of three years of Drinkel's tenure? It's tough to make the point that Missouri's football program had any lasting impact given they look exactly like they've always looked.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 09, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »
https://www.koamnewsnow.com/sports/college-sports/report-toledo-oc-brian-wright-to-be-named-pitt-state-head-football-coach/1148930460

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Seems like an odd move given his career arc (he's been D-I/D-IAA most of his career, now going down to DII). Is there some kind of local connection?

Maybe he thought he was replacing Narduzzi?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 10, 2019, 08:38:22 AM »

So you completely ignored that Odom had a tenure exactly the same as every other Missouri football coach outside of three years of Drinkel's tenure? It's tough to make the point that Missouri's football program had any lasting impact given they look exactly like they've always looked.

I see your point, and don't necessarily disagree. I'm just more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a program that had won their division in 5 of the last 8 years in two different conferences prior to all this going down in 2015.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 07, 2020, 09:18:02 AM »
Rhule to Panthers

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 07, 2020, 09:26:30 AM »
Rhule to Panthers

Please let Rapeaggie botch this so we can boot them :pray:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 07, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »
#RonPrince4Baylor

#MakeBaylorSuckAgain

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 07, 2020, 11:01:28 AM »
It's hilarious to me that Baylor fans thought he was going to stay and are now all up in arms against him. Baylor will now fall back down towards the bottom where they belong.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 07, 2020, 11:09:44 AM »
Do the players that just signed LOI’s have to petition to be granted releases?  That seems like the non shitty thing to do but it’s Baylor so who knows.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 07, 2020, 12:10:53 PM »
#MakeBaylorSuckAgain