Author Topic: Official 2018 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 132026 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2017 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #525 on: December 18, 2017, 01:06:32 PM »
The absolute best situation for K-State football ever. (you can obviously think differently)

After the CFP, Hayes and Bill both retire. You double Venables salary to 3.4 to be HC here, he gets to make OC and DC hires. Give both Bill and Bob Stoops "special advisor" positions. Bill's son gets to remain STC, Brent's son comes as a LB, Bob's boys are walk ons.

This is how to transition the program culture, but keep the stupid ass "family" feel.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 18, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
how much do you pay the guy to hold Venzy back?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 18, 2017, 01:55:12 PM »
I'd do it for free
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 18, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
The absolute best situation for K-State football ever. (you can obviously think differently)

After the CFP, Hayes and Bill both retire. You double Venables salary to 3.4 to be HC here, he gets to make OC and DC hires. Give both Bill and Bob Stoops "special advisor" positions. Bill's son gets to remain STC, Brent's son comes as a LB, Bob's boys are walk ons.

This is how to transition the program culture, but keep the stupid ass "family" feel.

Honest question:  what do you do for a living?  Because you should absolutely be KSU AD.  Seriously.  If you haven't considered it, quit your day job and walk right into UPGRM office and demand the position. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 18, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »
I'm an AD and I applied. The committee consisting of a rough ridin' football player, volleyball trainer, Dean of an irrelevant school, the CEO of some company, and I think a couple of students or just complete idiots like you decided to go a different direction.

I had energy and ideas. They wanted a sleepy old man that could be Bill's puppet.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 18, 2017, 03:07:05 PM »
I'm an AD and I applied. The committee consisting of a rough ridin' football player, volleyball trainer, Dean of an irrelevant school, the CEO of some company, and I think a couple of students or just complete idiots like you decided to go a different direction.

I had energy and ideas. They wanted a sleepy old man that could be Bill's puppet.

:sdeek:

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 18, 2017, 03:24:25 PM »
Well this is an interesting plot twist

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 18, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »
per university bylaws- amy button renz was on the committee.  the bylaw calls for her to be on every committee.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 18, 2017, 03:33:05 PM »

I think i heard you call in to KK's radio show last week with all of the trades the Chiefs should consider making. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 18, 2017, 03:34:53 PM »
Tim Tebesar looked up and down and left and right and landed a gig at oregon state.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 18, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »

I think i heard you call in to KK's radio show last week with all of the trades the Chiefs should consider making.

Wait, you think an AD and a GM are the same thing?  :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 18, 2017, 04:42:03 PM »
Embarrassing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 18, 2017, 04:54:15 PM »
I did a quick google search on shooter jones AD and nothing came back, I think he's full of crap

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 18, 2017, 04:54:37 PM »
:users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 18, 2017, 05:05:39 PM »

Wait, you think an AD and a GM are the same thing?  :lol:

Yes, I think an imaginary AD is the same as an imaginary GM.  You in your imaginary position are constantly concocting the most ridiculous scenarios in your mind and can't wait to share them with anyone that will listen.  Really love offering Bill and Bob "special advisor positions"...brilliant.  Also thought your idea of trading Kelce for Josh Norman, a 3rd round pick and some cash was excellent.  The 3 way team swap you mentioned earlier this year just prior to the baseball trade deadline was also spot on.  You were absolutely correct...Hosmer was the lynch pin to that deal.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: December 18, 2017, 05:55:42 PM »
:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 18, 2017, 10:09:48 PM »
per university bylaws- amy button renz was on the committee.  the bylaw calls for her to be on every committee.

So just what is her function on all these committees?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2017, 10:23:51 PM »
to kick ass and take names, and k-state just ran out of name tags

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 19, 2017, 01:31:02 AM »
So the way Venzy tends to reiterate the whole "I'm happy as a Coordinator, not wanting the responsibility of a head coach" spiel, and lets say he actually means what he says, there's only one realistic scenario of Brent coming home. Dabo is clearly the heir apparent to take over at bama when Saban calls it a career and runs for governor of Alabama. Brent doesn't have the clout to be promoted to HC at Clemson. So theoretically I think the only thing that makes him pack up and come back to the sunflower state is if bama hires somebody Brent can't stand working with/for. If/when this happens, Brent could be courted by our next AD five years down the road, after Sean has a wildly mediocre five year run, and Bill dies. That being said, there would be a very good chance Brent would follow Dabo to bama. Regardless, until he actually says he wants to coach here, none of us should be holding out any hope...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 19, 2017, 03:53:11 AM »
I don't think Saban is going anywhere anytime soon. I feel like he, like Snyder, Bear Bryant, Lombardi, Paterno, Woody Hayes, etc.; dudes that have no other interests, at all, other than football.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 19, 2017, 08:05:29 AM »

Holy cats, you substitute "Jim Harbaugh" and some high profile assistant names, and you'd think you were on the phog.  I can't believe we have come to this.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 19, 2017, 09:38:22 AM »

Holy cats, you substitute "Jim Harbaugh" and some high profile assistant names, and you'd think you were on the phog.  I can't believe we have come to this.

Meh, I was being sarcastic but I'll play along. Venables is an assistant coach that no one wants, Bob's boys will be in MHK in a few months, and he already has the advisor position at OU, not far fetched for Bill to have the same at K-State.

If you think this is the same as the Harbaugh thing, I will l-oh-l at you.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 19, 2017, 09:43:12 AM »
does bob have twin boys?  they are confirmed walking on at k-state next year?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 19, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
does bob have twin boys?  they are confirmed walking on at k-state next year?

Twins? Yes.
Confirmed? Not exactly. One is a much better recruit and actually has some FBS offers, so who knows what will happen before signing day.