Author Topic: Official 2018 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 132163 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2017 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2017, 01:32:41 PM »
Bill went to a lot of wooly basketball games so a Skylar Thomas/Thompson slip is almost expected.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 13, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »
Bill went to a lot of wooly basketball games so a Skylar Thomas/Thompson slip is almost expected.
yeah but he called him taylor.  could he have gotten him confused with shortlived KSU great Val Taylor? 

I asked for reasoning as to why people say he isn't as involved, shooter gave as good of a reason as I've seen but is still conjecture. I sit directly behind the bench and three times in the last two seasons I've been on the sideline, I've seen no evidence to indicate any change in that time to how LHC Bill Snyder runs his program. I'm holding on to this as fact because there's absolutely zero concrete evidence to the contrary, not seeing him moving his lips when he's on camera isn't close to enough.
Yeah man, your awesome seats are cool and all, but we're both ultimately basing our opinions on conjecture -- which is fine because this is a sports message board..  You asked why i don't think he's as involved anymore and I told you that i'm basing my opinions on his health, his age, and his press-conference comments where he basically admits to being out of the loop.  You think that evidence is trash, which i fully understand. 

You have your opinion and I have mine.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 13, 2017, 01:52:41 PM »
mir has spoken so stfu everyone else

Yeah because most threads on this board turn into MIR browbeating his opinion into the crowd and treating everyone else like they're stupid because they dont agree with him.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 13, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »
i've known MIR for like, 10 years guys.  we're just having a bbs argument.  chill out.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 13, 2017, 02:06:13 PM »
yeah but he called him taylor.  could he have gotten him confused with shortlived KSU great Val Taylor? 

I asked for reasoning as to why people say he isn't as involved, shooter gave as good of a reason as I've seen but is still conjecture. I sit directly behind the bench and three times in the last two seasons I've been on the sideline, I've seen no evidence to indicate any change in that time to how LHC Bill Snyder runs his program. I'm holding on to this as fact because there's absolutely zero concrete evidence to the contrary, not seeing him moving his lips when he's on camera isn't close to enough.
Yeah man, your awesome seats are cool and all, but we're both ultimately basing our opinions on conjecture -- which is fine because this is a sports message board..  You asked why i don't think he's as involved anymore and I told you that i'm basing my opinions on his health, his age, and his press-conference comments where he basically admits to being out of the loop.  You think that evidence is trash, which i fully understand. 

None of that is trash, it's more likely to be fact than not, it just isn't evidence that he isn't as involved as he was in 2009.

I don't have much of a defense against the plausible deniability that he uses in post-game press conferences, other than he's always done that, like his whole career. Taking that on it's face now seems a bit disingenuous.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 13, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »

None of that is trash, it's more likely to be fact than not, it just isn't evidence that he isn't as involved as he was in 2009.

I don't have much of a defense against the plausible deniability that he uses in post-game press conferences, other than he's always done that, like his whole career. Taking that on it's face now seems a bit disingenuous.
Maybe so, although I never recall him admitting that he didn't know why certain plays were called (like he did this year...though i can't remember which game).  But even so, those comments alarm me more now than they would have when he was a younger man.  Maybe that's ageism.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 13, 2017, 02:12:04 PM »
i've known MIR for like, 10 years guys.  we're just having a bbs argument.  chill out.

:lol: no one cares about those two idiots. Meow meow has literally 7500 posts of not having an opinion on anything, just contributions exactly like he provided here. It's a hell of a mark he's left here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 13, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »

Maybe so, although I never recall him admitting that he didn't know why certain plays were called (like he did this year...though i can't remember which game).  But even so, those comments alarm me more now than they would have when he was a younger man.  Maybe that's ageism.

That's fair enough, I agree with you more than I disagree. I want to circle back to my objection; it's not that some fear that he's lost his fastball, it's more than fair to suspect/fear that. My objection is something you haven't done and that's state that he isn't running the program, he's just a paterno like figurehead, shitting his pants, sitting in a press box doing word searches.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 13, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »

That's fair enough, I agree with you more than I disagree. I want to circle back to my objection; it's not that some fear that he's lost his fastball, it's more than fair to suspect/fear that. My objection is something you haven't done and that's state that he isn't running the program, he's just a paterno like figurehead, shitting his pants, sitting in a press box doing word searches.

Right.  I'm not contending it's reached that point, but I think it's probably moving in that direction. The reports of infighting and politicking among the staff this season made me ask "who the hell is in charge of this thing?"  As far as I recall, that was new this year.  Sure you can point to the exodus in '98 and the wild staff scenes that apparently happened then, but I think this is obviously different than that.   The "tight ship" that Snyder is known for didn't appear as tight this year (both with players and staff), and I think that evidences a lack of leadership. 

I do suspect that Snyder is becoming more and more of a figurehead.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 13, 2017, 02:41:39 PM »
I remember him confusing Waters and Sams way back in 2013, I think on the LHC Bill Snyder show. He also acted like he had no idea why one played over the other.

Also I've never thought he's run a "tight ship" in 2.0

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 13, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
Q: Coach, why didn't we do more of this instead of that?

A: I have no idea. We probably should have.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 13, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »
unless Darnell McDonald has eaten some of your food, just stfu already damn

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 13, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »
m^2 is killing it right now my goodness
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 13, 2017, 03:39:14 PM »

Right.  I'm not contending it's reached that point, but I think it's probably moving in that direction. The reports of infighting and politicking among the staff this season made me ask "who the hell is in charge of this thing?"  As far as I recall, that was new this year.  Sure you can point to the exodus in '98 and the wild staff scenes that apparently happened then, but I think this is obviously different than that.   The "tight ship" that Snyder is known for didn't appear as tight this year (both with players and staff), and I think that evidences a lack of leadership. 

I do suspect that Snyder is becoming more and more of a figurehead.

If some of the infighting can be attributed to Dana angling for work while in season, it's exactly the same. 1998, by the way, another reason to push away from Venables.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: December 13, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
Awesome
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 13, 2017, 04:51:16 PM »
12 year old me appreciates the name mike cox

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 13, 2017, 07:05:09 PM »

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 13, 2017, 07:07:21 PM »
Sure hope the scout team is ready for a shred-fest.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 13, 2017, 07:14:07 PM »
Congrats jake from iowa state farm

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 13, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »
My favorite part of this offseason is the fact that FSU has their starting quarterback get hurt and go from National Title contenders to a .500 team whose best win was maybe Wake Forest.

Jimbo Translates that into a 7.5 million dollar a year job.

We have two QB's go down are competitive in every game but TCU win 4 of our last 5 and beat a top 15 team on the road down the stretch.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 13, 2017, 09:13:23 PM »
My favorite part of this offseason is the fact that FSU has their starting quarterback get hurt and go from National Title contenders to a .500 team whose best win was maybe Wake Forest.

We have two QB's go down are competitive in every game but TCU win 4 of our last 5 and beat a top 15 team on the road down the stretch.

this is a good point. it's almost like we have good players/coaching, despite our collective bitching.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 13, 2017, 10:08:31 PM »
What on earth are you guys going on about?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 13, 2017, 11:07:59 PM »

the vanderbilt crap show was prior to any injury issues, and that was the worst loss in a long time for snyder. however, i enjoy the point you're making.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 15, 2017, 10:46:03 AM »
Brent, publicly anyway, is an unconfident loser who shouldn't be interviewed for any P5 head coaching job.
http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article189924459.html
Without even knowing if he's even interested in becoming coach here, I'm now off of my stance that Brent and Sean are essentially the same candidate, Sean is clearly better.