Author Topic: Official 2018 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 131783 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2017 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #425 on: December 12, 2017, 09:51:14 PM »
i don't know about 1992, but 2017 bill is the exact same as 2012 bill in terms of involvement.
even on gameday?  Seems like he is not on the headset much anymore - do we even have a Neek ?

When people say this I'm curious as to know what the hell it's based on.
It's based on his comments in postgames when he said he didn't know what the hell was going on with the playcalling?  Maybe he always didn't know what was happening with our offensive system, but who knows.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 12, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »
i don't know about 1992, but 2017 bill is the exact same as 2012 bill in terms of involvement.
even on gameday?  Seems like he is not on the headset much anymore - do we even have a Neek ?

It's based on his comments in postgames when he said he didn't know what the hell was going on with the playcalling?  Maybe he always didn't know what was happening with our offensive system, but who knows.

Yes, dlew we've literally been talking about that for the extent of Snyder 2.0 and you absolutely know that. You also are smart enough to know when he's acting like he has no idea what's going on, he's likely lying out of his ass. The most recent example of him being a lying liarsons was when he acted like he didn't know who Brett McMurphy was.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 12, 2017, 10:59:05 PM »

Okay so we acknowledge that he wears a headset, at least we should. When he acts like he doesn't know what's going on when the media asks him, I'm dumbfounded that people take that for gospel. What exactly do you think he's using the headset for? Even if he isn't talking, he is, it's certainly listening, unless you think he's listening to NPR or Mel Tillis and  Conway Twitty.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 12, 2017, 11:17:44 PM »
My grandpa could have had a long conversation with Brett McMurphy a couple of years ago and have no idea who he is today. It’s really not outside the realm of possibility that Bill didn’t recall who he is.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 12, 2017, 11:43:38 PM »
My grandpa could have had a long conversation with Brett McMurphy a couple of years ago and have no idea who he is today. It’s really not outside the realm of possibility that Bill didn’t recall who he is.

:dubious:

Are you rough ridin' serious?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 12, 2017, 11:56:36 PM »
Phil Bennett is leaving Arizona State after their bowl game.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 13, 2017, 12:48:29 AM »

so, i'll tell this story because it won't blow a source. but this guy was on the field with bishop and darnell mcdonald during week 1. mcdonald hadn't been back to manhattan since his playing days. he walked up to snyder on the field pre-game and snyder had no idea who he was. mcdonald looked back to bish and my friend on the sidelines and shrugged his shoulders. just, like, "i don't know what's up." so, snyder, being out of it is not outside of the realm of possibility.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 13, 2017, 05:56:24 AM »

Okay so we acknowledge that he wears a headset, at least we should. When he acts like he doesn't know what's going on when the media asks him, I'm dumbfounded that people take that for gospel. What exactly do you think he's using the headset for? Even if he isn't talking, he is, it's certainly listening, unless you think he's listening to NPR or Mel Tillis and  Conway Twitty.

They're Bose noise cancelling headphones, mir.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 13, 2017, 08:18:17 AM »

I've been surmising that they give him a headset and just don't plug it into anything like that radio DJamer from wet hot american summer

Yes, dlew we've literally been talking about that for the extent of Snyder 2.0 and you absolutely know that. You also are smart enough to know when he's acting like he has no idea what's going on, he's likely lying out of his ass. The most recent example of him being a lying liarsons was when he acted like he didn't know who Brett McMurphy was.
Is he being a lying liarsons when he calls Skylar Thompson "Taylor" on the coach's show?  Or is he just being a mispeaking michael or a forgetful finnegan?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 13, 2017, 09:05:20 AM »
Dinkmentia Darrell?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 13, 2017, 10:01:35 AM »

so, i'll tell this story because it won't blow a source. but this guy was on the field with bishop and darnell mcdonald during week 1. mcdonald hadn't been back to manhattan since his playing days. he walked up to snyder on the field pre-game and snyder had no idea who he was. mcdonald looked back to bish and my friend on the sidelines and shrugged his shoulders. just, like, "i don't know what's up." so, snyder, being out of it is not outside of the realm of possibility.

This is interesting because I literally spent an entire quarter of this game with Mike, Darnell, and Jeff. Also worth noting that Darnell hasn't been back here since he left 19 years ago, he's 41 years old and barely recognized me despite the fact that we had classes together at GCCC and K-State, we got into two fights in four years (both over basketball), worked together at GCCC and the Rec, he dated one of my home girls, and he sat in.my living room more than once eating my food and playing my PlayStation, including the night of the Nebraska win.

Long story short, you sometimes forget what people look like when you go 20 years without seeing them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 13, 2017, 10:07:11 AM »

I've been surmising that they give him a headset and just don't plug it into anything like that radio DJamer from wet hot american summer

Is he being a lying liarsons when he calls Skylar Thompson "Taylor" on the coach's show?  Or is he just being a mispeaking michael or a forgetful finnegan?
To get this back on track, are you contending misspeaking Thompson's name is evidence of Snyder not "being as involved on the headset" this season?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 13, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »
To get this back on track, are you contending misspeaking Thompson's name is evidence of Snyder not "being as involved on the headset" this season?
Nah.  I don't think I've said he wasn't as involved on the headset.  To be clear, I DON'T think he's as involved, but that's not what I was getting at.   

I'm contending that Snyder "misstating" the name of his starting quarterback is another example that makes me wonder if Snyder's age is catching up with him.  The guy is damn near 80 and weighs about 110 pounds. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 13, 2017, 10:32:09 AM »
Nah.  I don't think I've said he wasn't as involved on the headset.  To be clear, I DON'T think he's as involved, but that's not what I was getting at.   

I'm contending that Snyder "misstating" the name of his starting quarterback is another example that makes me wonder if Snyder's age is catching up with him.  The guy is damn near 80 and weighs about 110 pounds.

Okay, I agree with that, not sure who wouldn't. Back to the topic of his involvement. He definitely has empowered his assistants more than he has in the past, but again this has been a constant of Snyder 2.0, I don't think he's called a play since 2005. This isn't new at all, I'm actually insulted at the belief that all of a sudden this is some Weekend at Bernie's bullshit. He's actually allowing his assistants to do their jobs, doesn't mean he isn't still the HNIC.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 13, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »
it's sad that people are grasping for straws to show that snyder has dementia to justify their desire for him to retire. if you think the results on the field aren't good enough, fine, i agree. but screaming "HE'S DEMENTED" is good for no one. he's as involved with the program as he's ever been since he came back in '09. 

for what it's worth, if it were my choice i would have him move on and hire brent venables. so i'm on your side. but to act like suddenly it's so much different in the past 2 or 3 seasons is ignorant. no, he doesn't call plays, and i bet people would complain if he did, saying he needs to delegate more.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 13, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »
Head Nepotist In Charge?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 13, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »
it's sad that people are grasping for straws to show that snyder has dementia to justify their desire for him to retire. if you think the results on the field aren't good enough, fine, i agree. but screaming "HE'S DEMENTED" is good for no one. he's as involved with the program as he's ever been since he came back in '09. 

for what it's worth, if it were my choice i would have him move on and hire brent venables. so i'm on your side. but to act like suddenly it's so much different in the past 2 or 3 seasons is ignorant. no, he doesn't call plays, and i bet people would complain if he did, saying he needs to delegate more.

Not to be a dick, and I'm not saying he is now, but it has been proven that cancer treatments can have serious cognitive effects. This could also include the onset of dementia, or early onset (this has been proven). Not to say that would be the difference in the past 2 or 3 seasons, but to say someone is ignorant for thinking that, is a stretch.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 13, 2017, 11:00:41 AM »
people were saying it before cancer was in the picture

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 13, 2017, 11:05:59 AM »

Jeeze Sean lighten up.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 13, 2017, 11:09:37 AM »
people were saying it before cancer was in the picture

Yes, lots of people have said things during Snyder 2.0, which I feel were mostly making jokes or gE'ing, because it was pretty obvious he was still witty and quick to respond to questions, and still an impressive speaker during press conferences, etc. But what people are bringing up are situations from this year, that could simply be lapses or raise serious red flags and could be 100% real.

I can't come up with many of the red flag examples so I'll stay out of it. But it absolutely shouldn't just be ignored and people with concern shouldn't be referred to as ignorant for that concern.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 13, 2017, 11:14:10 AM »

Not to be a dick, and I'm not saying he is now, but it has been proven that cancer treatments can have serious cognitive effects. This could also include the onset of dementia, or early onset (this has been proven). Not to say that would be the difference in the past 2 or 3 seasons, but to say someone is ignorant for thinking that, is a stretch.
I'm not screaming he's demented.  I'm saying his health has dramatically changed over the course of Snyder 2.0, and he's now, what, 8 years older than he was when he returned?  I don't think it's crazy to suggest that maybe that's starting to catch up with him energy-wise, and, yes, mentally. 

Me being dissatisfied with the results on the field and me wondering about Snyder's capacity to serve as head coach aren't mutually exclusive. 

Was I disappointed with this season's results?  Yes I was.  Do I think his age and health contributed to our disappointing season?  I'd guess that yes, they did.  Because of those things, I think he should retire. 

Maybe Snyder is as involved as he was in 2012.  You and MIR seem to hold onto that as if it's a stone cold fact, but me?  I doubt it.  FWIW, I assume we're all making guesses as to his levels of involvement.

I never subscribed to the "#dinkmentia" nonsense, partly because I thought it was disrespectful and partly because, at the time, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.   I didn't really suspect "weekend at bernie's bullshit" until i learned that Snyder had cancer.  That's when I thought, "huh, ya know, Snyder is getting up there in age.  These things happen."  I found his decision to come back and coach this year particularly odd.  He's an elderly man with cancer.  How could he possibly fulfill a demanding role like head-coaching a P5 program?  Maybe he's always misstated his most important players' names and feigned confusion to the media, but in light of his age and health, those incidents sound off alarm bells with me. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 13, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »
He didn't know if it was H3O or #LiFE out there.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 13, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
dementia is awful, and if Snyder ever has it, i will be truly sad af

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:59 PM »

I'm not screaming he's demented.  I'm saying his health has dramatically changed over the course of Snyder 2.0, and he's now, what, 8 years older than he was when he returned?  I don't think it's crazy to suggest that maybe that's starting to catch up with him energy-wise, and, yes, mentally. 

Me being dissatisfied with the results on the field and me wondering about Snyder's capacity to serve as head coach aren't mutually exclusive. 

Was I disappointed with this season's results?  Yes I was.  Do I think his age and health contributed to our disappointing season?  I'd guess that yes, they did.  Because of those things, I think he should retire. 

Maybe Snyder is as involved as he was in 2012.  You and MIR seem to hold onto that as if it's a stone cold fact, but me?  I doubt it.  FWIW, I assume we're all making guesses as to his levels of involvement.

I never subscribed to the "#dinkmentia" nonsense, partly because I thought it was disrespectful and partly because, at the time, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.   I didn't really suspect "weekend at bernie's bullshit" until i learned that Snyder had cancer.  That's when I thought, "huh, ya know, Snyder is getting up there in age.  These things happen."  I found his decision to come back and coach this year particularly odd.  He's an elderly man with cancer.  How could he possibly fulfill a demanding role like head-coaching a P5 program?  Maybe he's always misstated his most important players' names and feigned confusion to the media, but in light of his age and health, those incidents sound off alarm bells with me.

I asked for reasoning as to why people say he isn't as involved, shooter gave as good of a reason as I've seen but is still conjecture. I sit directly behind the bench and three times in the last two seasons I've been on the sideline, I've seen no evidence to indicate any change in that time to how LHC Bill Snyder runs his program. I'm holding on to this as fact because there's absolutely zero concrete evidence to the contrary, not seeing him moving his lips when he's on camera isn't close to enough.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 13, 2017, 01:11:18 PM »
mir has spoken so stfu everyone else