Author Topic: Official 2018 Coaching Carousel (football edition)  (Read 131908 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2017 Coaching Carousel (football edition)
« Reply #400 on: December 12, 2017, 01:39:48 PM »
Sonny Dykes to SMU

crap like this is why the lack of minorities in college football coaching is problematic. This garbage retread didn't deserve this job.  SMU will suck and they'll get what they deserve.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 12, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »
Were those four sources: Trim, SD, Dickstone & Pete?  Just asking for a friend.  :Wha:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 12, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »
Probably best that he comes back at this point.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 12, 2017, 03:48:25 PM »
Bill, will you just get the hell out please?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 12, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »
Were those four sources: Trim, SD, Dickstone & Pete?  Just asking for a friend.  :Wha:

Not me.

How does Bill planning to come back jive with the idea from a few weeks ago that his contract calls for his pay to cease next month?

Offline Testy Westy

• Katpak'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 12, 2017, 04:28:09 PM »
I'm sure GPC will claim they've been sitting on this info for weeks.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 12, 2017, 04:39:41 PM »
Flow chart

Does Sean get the job?  If yes: retire.        if no: come back/die
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 12, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »
this will give us a solid year of Sean-as-leader twitter, which I'm legitimately looking forward to.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 12, 2017, 04:50:39 PM »
i hate that this has turned into a BREAKING NEWS thing. until he says otherwise, he's going to continue coaching. any noise other than that is generated by people outside of the program that don't know anything.

i understand wanting him to retire, fwiw. but that's a different conversation.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 12, 2017, 04:53:14 PM »
i hate that this has turned into a BREAKING NEWS thing. until he says otherwise, he's going to continue coaching. any noise other than that is generated by people outside of the program that don't know anything.

You don't think it's news that our nearly 80 year old coach with cancer is planning to coach another season?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 12, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »

is this the gpc line on why they didn't have a story?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 12, 2017, 05:04:58 PM »

You don't think it's news that our nearly 80 year old coach with cancer is planning to coach another season?

i do, i guess i just wish he would say that all along. i think he answers "i'll evaluate after the season" when he knows damn well he plans to come back next season.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 12, 2017, 05:12:18 PM »

i do, i guess i just wish he would say that all along. i think he answers "i'll evaluate after the season" when he knows damn well he plans to come back next season.
I just wish he would gracefully step down like a non-weirdo, instead of cosplaying around like he's actually being a head football coach of a P5 program.

How many times this year did he say wtf things in the post-game press conference?  Bill was a GREAT coach, but I think it's obvious now that he either doesn't have the wherewithal or the energy to exhibit same insane micromanagement that he did during his heyday.  IMO, Head Coach LHC Bill Snyder in 2017 is far different than the HCBS in 1992, 2003, and 2012.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 12, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »

I just wish he would gracefully step down like a non-weirdo, instead of cosplaying around like he's actually being a head football coach of a P5 program.

How many times this year did he say wtf things in the post-game press conference?  Bill was a GREAT coach, but I think it's obvious now that he either doesn't have the wherewithal or the energy to exhibit same insane micromanagement that he did during his heyday.  IMO, Head Coach LHC Bill Snyder in 2017 is far different than the HCBS in 1992, 2003, and 2012.

the HCBS of 2017 should be different from 1992. For a lot of reasons. IMO the less he's involved, the better, really. But I think he's still way more involved than you give him credit for.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 12, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »
i don't know about 1992, but 2017 bill is the exact same as 2012 bill in terms of involvement.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 12, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »

I spoke directly yesterday with someone who had just spoken with Coach, and he believes Coach Snyder will retire, but it was simply his opinion and that's not enough to base a story on. There's a difference between educated opinions and knowing for sure. If Coach Snyder sets a date to announce his return and we know of it, we will report that at the proper time.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 12, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »
i don't know about 1992, but 2017 bill is the exact same as 2012 bill in terms of involvement.
even on gameday?  Seems like he is not on the headset much anymore - do we even have a Neek ?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 12, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »

I spoke directly yesterday with someone who had just spoken with Coach, and he believes Coach Snyder will retire, but it was simply his opinion and that's not enough to base a story on. There's a difference between educated opinions and knowing for sure. If Coach Snyder sets a date to announce his return and we know of it, we will report that at the proper time.
They are such dicks

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 12, 2017, 07:33:41 PM »
even on gameday?  Seems like he is not on the headset much anymore - do we even have a Neek ?

When people say this I'm curious as to know what the hell it's based on.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 12, 2017, 07:37:40 PM »
it's not A neek, it's THE neek
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 12, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »

Can't wait until Bill goes 11-2 next year with a loss in the Big12 championship game that cost us a playoff shot. Will shove it right in D-Lew's face then we will say whatever man, the Sugar Bowl is going to be pretty sweet.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 12, 2017, 08:30:28 PM »
this will give us a solid year of Sean-as-leader twitter, which I'm legitimately looking forward to.

Sean's parents don't know he is on twitter, so he dgaf.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 12, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
I'd love to see a thread dedicated to Coach Sean's lessons in leadership.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 12, 2017, 09:06:45 PM »
Will Sean be promoted to OC so he can take over when Bill retires before the season begins?