Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 143393 times)

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
is it like two people churning content?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Well, D is available.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

D needs to be writing the be-all-end-all LHC Bill Snyder birth-to-death biography.  That is his calling, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's pretty wild that KSO hasn't gotten around to replacing Hall.  He left like 7 months ago.

They replaced him with Derek and didn’t give him a title change and hired an intern, the Nubb owner isn’t going to invest any more dollars when no competition exists.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

D needs to be writing the be-all-end-all LHC Bill Snyder birth-to-death biography.  That is his calling, imo.

I saw a tweet from him that his wish for 2021 was finding a job writing about KSU sports and I hope that happens

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
We're going to destroy short-handed kso when it comes to tempty coverage.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
It's pretty wild that KSO hasn't gotten around to replacing Hall.  He left like 7 months ago.

They replaced him with Derek and didn’t give him a title change and hired an intern, the Nubb owner isn’t going to invest any more dollars when no competition exists.
Well i'm about to IRL drop my sub to KSO and start subbing to GPC to see if it's any better. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Well i'm about to IRL drop my sub to KSO and start subbing to GPC to see if it's any better.

It definitely isn't, we're stuck as a fan base right now. GPC and KSO has the same access, KSO has a ton more subscribers, so their boards are more active. Matt Hall leaving has really killed KSO's access. I thought their relationship with the basketball coaches, while problematic to the coverage, manifested itself in some nice ways. That access appears to be over with Hall out. They also hardly ever podcast anything but game recaps anymore which tells me they've lost some access or they've lost enough subscribers that they feel the need to keep everything behind a pay wall. GPC podcasts a ton outside of game recaps but it's really bad, nothing much fact based at all, just fitz and his young and cheap crew offering opinions.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

It definitely isn't, we're stuck as a fan base right now. GPC and KSO has the same access, KSO has a ton more subscribers, so their boards are more active. Matt Hall leaving has really killed KSO's access. I thought their relationship with the basketball coaches, while problematic to the coverage, manifested itself in some nice ways. That access appears to be over with Hall out. They also hardly ever podcast anything but game recaps anymore which tells me they've lost some access or they've lost enough subscribers that they feel the need to keep everything behind a pay wall. GPC podcasts a ton outside of game recaps but it's really bad, nothing much fact based at all, just fitz and his young and cheap crew offering opinions.

This seems to be 100% true.

Also, Matt managed the message board and was much more of an engaging front man for the site.

KSO hasn't done anything creative #content wise since Matt left. He really drove that site.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

I'm not surprised by that, I just thought maybe Wallace would be a little more on the ball.  I agree that it seems like KSO's sources have completely dried up since Hall left. 

I'm a little surprised the board hasn't seemed to notice.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
well i just learned my account auto-renewed the annual sub 3 weeks ago.  looks like i'm in for another 12 months.  :bang:

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
pretty sure half their subscription numbers are auto-renewing subs. Another 45% is from when they run those cheap ass promos.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Are you talking about like Coffee with Chris stuff they used to do? That dried up when Matt was still around because the team sucked crap and I’m sure no coach wants to talk about why they suck every week.   

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Can’t tell if you are gE’ng on this but you already know it isn’t.  It’s not that KSO is above reproach I guess I just don’t get what you are looking for coverage wise that Derek doesn’t do that is possible in the current Covid environment? The message boards are always and will always be trash, that’s just a reflection of the fan base at large.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

I guess I just don’t get what you are looking for coverage wise that Derek doesn’t do that is possible in the current Covid environment?
Deliver recruiting news more often than once a month through a summary "notebook" that is extremely light on info.  The transfer coverage has been pretty bad too. 

At least GPC had interviews with some signees.  There's a recruiting article on GPC about a '23 TE from Kapaun we recently offered. Nothing against DY because he was put in a bad spot -- and just left there.  But the product in its current state sucks ass.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
DY not having EMAW ties probably doesn't make his job easier.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Why don’t Matt and D Scott start a website together?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
well i just learned my account auto-renewed the annual sub 3 weeks ago.  looks like i'm in for another 12 months.  :bang:

It's tough to do but you rivals will still cancel this. The only way you can talk to someone with Yahoo is through some wonky live chat. Take screen shots, I had to do it twice because Yahoo refunded me then KSO/Rivals charged my card again, literally minutes after Yahoo cancelled me.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Holy crap that’s absolutely perfect, I will read the crap out of that book.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Happy DSF got work, but this will be Snyder's 4th book and he isn't someone I think is particularly deep or revelatory, so I think I'll pass. If it's discovered that he's covering new ground or if DSF is able to get him to actually honestly open up, I'll change my mind.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Happy for D.  Perfect guy for this undertaking.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
He deserves all the best roast beef sandwiches ever

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We need D. to put on his investigative journalist hat and get to the bottom of some crap. Like, what's the real story on the stolen baseball? What's the truth about Brent Venables?

What else?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We need D. to put on his investigative journalist hat and get to the bottom of some crap. Like, what's the real story on the stolen baseball? What's the truth about Brent Venables?

What else?

What donor pressured Weiser to force Snyder to take Ell's scholarship and Big 12 Championship ring?