Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 221674 times)

The Big Train

Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #1025 on: February 06, 2018, 08:18:36 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/7kdyzf/attention_new_investors_holding_neo_generates_gas/

I thought this was cool.  Part of the reason a bought a little.

I’m assuming NEO gas works the same way as it does on the Ethereum network?  Except that on Ethereum the gas price is paid with ETH.

I think so.  Seemed like a good deal.  Definitely want to hold it in a wallet and not on the exchange to make sure you get your GAS.

Just as clarification for everyone else, gas is the price you pay to send transactions or execute smart contracts on the Ethereum network.  It’s about the equivalent of mining fees on BTC or LTC.  Once MAST(smart contracts) are implemented on BTC and LTC more layer 2/3 applications will be able to be built on them too.

https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-is-the-gas-in-ethereum/

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1026 on: February 06, 2018, 08:54:18 AM »
So, the industry trade group for "cryptocurrency" is called "New Alchemy".  How AMAZE apt.  :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 06, 2018, 06:25:05 PM »
A little over two months ago if you said the prices would be where they are right now after this correction, I would have called you crazy.  The exponential increase since Thanksgivingish when the market was flooded with inexperienced traders is a big part of the reason this is happening.  The craze and potential for a perceived get rich quick because it's never going to stop going up is settling in.  These prices have been way over what most of these coins should be worth.  This shakeout will be great long term but sucks for new people within the past few months.
Thanksgivingish is when my dad told me he bought into some Bitcoin. I should of posted it here so everyone knew it was time to get out.

His timing is impeccable.

The Big Train

« Reply #1028 on: February 06, 2018, 06:37:38 PM »
A little over two months ago if you said the prices would be where they are right now after this correction, I would have called you crazy.  The exponential increase since Thanksgivingish when the market was flooded with inexperienced traders is a big part of the reason this is happening.  The craze and potential for a perceived get rich quick because it's never going to stop going up is settling in.  These prices have been way over what most of these coins should be worth.  This shakeout will be great long term but sucks for new people within the past few months.
Thanksgivingish is when my dad told me he bought into some Bitcoin. I should of posted it here so everyone knew it was time to get out.

His timing is impeccable.

Well hopefully he didn’t lose a lot of money.  If he would have bought in when I told you to buy in he would have bought you a lambo.

The Big Train

« Reply #1029 on: February 06, 2018, 08:05:09 PM »
Doing some research for a project and came across this article.  Even tho it's over 6 years old some of the same things and concerns apply today.  Cool to look back and see how things have evolved and how exchanges like Mt. Gox are still functional before history takes over.

https://www.wired.com/2011/11/mf_bitcoin/

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1030 on: February 06, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
Unsurprised by who is fixated on alchemy
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 06, 2018, 10:35:04 PM »
Been thinking about buying a license or this bot and pairing it with profit feeder.  Would really like to get it running with a grand of stake money and see what happens.....

https://profittrailer.com/
@mikec2w

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 07, 2018, 09:04:56 AM »
Been thinking about buying a license or this bot and pairing it with profit feeder.  Would really like to get it running with a grand of stake money and see what happens.....

Isn't that a tax reporting nightmare?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 07, 2018, 09:27:22 AM »

Probably....I'm still struggling with how the IRS is going to track all of the trades performed in a year.  Seems to me, the only information that they will have will be what Coinbase reports on a 1099 and what you report as your basis.  I'm probably wrong and have read a few articles on the issue, but it still doesn't seem like the IRS has fully figured it out either.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #1034 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »

Probably....I'm still struggling with how the IRS is going to track all of the trades performed in a year.  Seems to me, the only information that they will have will be what Coinbase reports on a 1099 and what you report as your basis.  I'm probably wrong and have read a few articles on the issue, but it still doesn't seem like the IRS has fully figured it out either.

They’ve been talking about the under $600 threshold since September and I hope they pass it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/25/if-you-own-bitcoin-heres-how-much-you-owe-in-taxes.html

The Big Train

« Reply #1035 on: February 07, 2018, 09:34:05 AM »
Which depending on how it’s worded if you had to move more than $600 you could just do as many $599 transactions as it took.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 08, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
Whats the longest you guys have gone w/o looking at what's going on with crypto. I finally caved today but I made it about a week

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 08, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »
A few minutes
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 09, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »
I am in the game!   :combofan:  :th_twocents:
:adios:

The Big Train

« Reply #1039 on: February 09, 2018, 12:41:54 PM »
:excited:

What did you pop your crypto cherry with?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 09, 2018, 12:56:26 PM »

Well I've got a wire transfer on the way to take advantage of lower fees than, but I bought some XRP at 0.887 to tide me over.

The Big Train

« Reply #1041 on: February 09, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »

Well I've got a wire transfer on the way to take advantage of lower fees than, but I bought some XRP at 0.887 to tide me over.

:thumbs:

Do you already have a wallet set up?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 09, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »

Only the one I set up in 2014 and never used and don't have access to anymore...

any suggestions?

The Big Train

« Reply #1043 on: February 09, 2018, 01:26:53 PM »

Only the one I set up in 2014 and never used and don't have access to anymore...

any suggestions?

I mean a ledger nano or Trezor are best but there are some decent apps you can get for your phone. I don’t remember what kind of phone you have.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 09, 2018, 01:30:09 PM »
Great job buying ripple, should be driving lambos in no time at all.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 09, 2018, 01:30:30 PM »

any suggestions?

I mean a ledger nano or Trezor are best but there are some decent apps you can get for your phone. I don’t remember what kind of phone you have.
I'm a Steve Jobs agendite

The Big Train

« Reply #1046 on: February 09, 2018, 01:52:45 PM »

any suggestions?

I'm a Steve Jobs agendite

Good man.  Toast Wallet works well enough.  I will caution if you buy a lot of it it’s better to get a hardware wallet, or split it up into multiple addresses.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 09, 2018, 01:58:12 PM »
Bought the bot you guys.  I will report back how it's going once it is up and running.  I'm waiting on Binance to fix their issues before I bring it online.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #1048 on: February 09, 2018, 02:04:26 PM »
Bought the bot you guys.  I will report back how it's going once it is up and running.  I'm waiting on Binance to fix their issues before I bring it online.

Is it like a standalone program or is it a web interface you input your price points?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 09, 2018, 02:08:32 PM »

Is it like a standalone program or is it a web interface you input your price points?

This is it.  Also bought an add-in that adjusts buy and sell points based on real time market conditions.  From what I have read and heard, it should minimize the number of bags you have to hold.
@mikec2w