Author Topic: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?  (Read 26570 times)

Justwin and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Know Anyone with COVID-19?
« Reply #850 on: September 17, 2021, 08:00:29 PM »
I would assume a majority do not have a primary care physician that they see on the reg. I fully hope they figure out how long antibodies last but if I currently have the antibodies (as of last time I gave blood) honestly why get the vaccine? (Not trying to start an argument am just curious as to your thoughts)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counterpoint, what do you think the harm would be?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 17, 2021, 08:21:22 PM »
I would assume a majority do not have a primary care physician that they see on the reg. I fully hope they figure out how long antibodies last but if I currently have the antibodies (as of last time I gave blood) honestly why get the vaccine? (Not trying to start an argument am just curious as to your thoughts)

Absolutely nothing, I don’t get the point though. Maybe my balls will swell?

Online felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 18, 2021, 01:39:38 AM »
You don’t know if you still have the antibodies. You do know that the vaccine works and is safe. I was in quarantine for like 5 weeks while my entire family got covid. I got tested 7 times. Negative every time. I still got the vaccine as soon as I could, will get the booster as soon as I can, and will put my little girls in a full Nelson to make them get the vaccine once it’s approved for their age later this year.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 18, 2021, 01:46:59 AM »
Also, my kids are very normal about hating shots and freaking the eff out. So when they asked why we got vaccines but we didn’t this spring, I told them it was because scientists were still working on “mosquito bite technology” to administer the kids’ shots with special needles designed like mosquito bites that are super sneaky and don’t hurt. I’ve been laying that groundwork for six months, and every time they get a mosquito bite now they’re like “wow that was a great idea, scientists!”
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 18, 2021, 07:06:55 AM »

just went today and got a $50 gift card at dillons. maybe another $50 for the second shot. but there is some harm though, have to consider that side effects could prevent you from doing some things depending on how bad or how long they last.

how does one lose antibodies? is it like each antibody has a certain lifespan, so it doesn't matter if you have a billion or a gazillion of them, they'll just die at the same time? or is it like you lose a certain amount each day, so if you had a gazillion of them you're set for life?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 07:10:39 AM by stunted »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: September 18, 2021, 11:02:46 AM »
Science

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 18, 2021, 02:04:21 PM »

just went today and got a $50 gift card at dillons. maybe another $50 for the second shot. but there is some harm though, have to consider that side effects could prevent you from doing some things depending on how bad or how long they last.

how does one lose antibodies? is it like each antibody has a certain lifespan, so it doesn't matter if you have a billion or a gazillion of them, they'll just die at the same time? or is it like you lose a certain amount each day, so if you had a gazillion of them you're set for life?

'grats on vaxing and thank you :cheers:

dunno about antibody lifespan but honestly don't care. Just blindly following the advice of doctors and scientists because they know more than me and there isn't some grand conspiracy.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 18, 2021, 07:24:17 PM »

An individual antibody molecule like IgG has a half life of about 30 days in the plasma before it gets recycled. Plasma cells (a descendant of B cells) moving in the blood stream produce more antibodies as needed.  Adaptive immunity (the part of the immune system that distinguishes between self and nonself antigens in response to infections or vaccinations) is truly incredible.