Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 191543 times)

WillieWatanabe and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #4225 on: September 03, 2021, 09:28:58 PM »
Went out to the cat ranch to blast some doves and my dad is slowly taking the garage back over with junk.

(Also it appears he is feeding the cats in the garage again which I specifically asked him not to do after shoveling years of cat crap out of the corners of the garage)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #4226 on: September 03, 2021, 09:34:16 PM »
When my uncle's lease was up he left his Mini Ponies in a pen by the barn so my dad bought them for $75 each. I guess he just sold them for like $3-400 each...I found his notes on a table in the house.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: September 03, 2021, 10:45:52 PM »
Also found out that lil lil escaped from the house and went AWOL for a day which led to this conversation.

(My dad has a red early 2000's 2wd chevy S10 that he keeps on the farm that my cousin/uncle make fun of because it's clearly not a "real" farm truck...they call it "Lil Red")

Me: "How did lil lil escape?"

Dad: "Lehman and I were coming back from the pasture and when he opened the door she jumped out"

Me: "what were you guys doing out in the pasture"

Dad: "well I was out by the windmill (water not power) and the tanks are leaking water so I got stuck and Lehman had to pull me out"

Here is an old picture of "lil Red" and lil lil.

There are too many lmao’s to even focus on here. Amazing and joyous.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: September 06, 2021, 04:03:13 PM »
Farm report incoming.

Walked like a mile all the way out to the pasture with Milo before the Katz game Saturday.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: September 06, 2021, 04:07:24 PM »
The "River" looks pretty different when it goes a year without any cows grazing it. (2nd pic was the same area from last summer)

Also it rained this year.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 04:20:30 PM by ben ji »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4230 on: September 06, 2021, 04:08:44 PM »
Here are some of my uncle's cows on my aunt's land enjoying a cool foggy morning.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: September 06, 2021, 04:10:54 PM »
Cat census was 3, 2 kittens that hang out in the barn and 1 white cat I saw for about 2 seconds.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: September 06, 2021, 04:13:43 PM »
Sunrise over the "Danger keep out barn", check out that old school trailer that hauled away the mini ponies. I'm guessing it belongs to the guy who does the actual farming at the cat ranch.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: September 06, 2021, 04:16:16 PM »
Sunset pic over some pasture and our hot sexy new Milo field.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: September 06, 2021, 04:18:32 PM »
Lady and Milo enjoying their giant dog park.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: September 18, 2021, 04:21:57 PM »
alright, I'm going to retire at like 50 and become a dinosaur hunting cowboy

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: September 18, 2021, 05:30:13 PM »
Sunrise over the "Danger keep out barn", check out that old school trailer that hauled away the mini ponies. I'm guessing it belongs to the guy who does the actual farming at the cat ranch.

Thanks for bumping SD. I recently learned that my dad owns this trailer and actually bought like 10 feeder calfs to fatten up over the summer. He wouldnt give me too many details besides saying "It didn't work out like I planned" and "I didn't make any money".

Some of the big hangups were "I didnt know I would have to give them all the shots so I had to have a vet come out and do it which costs alot, also there was no chute to confine them in so that was hard"

One of them got sick so the vet had to come out again and give it some meds or something.

He chalked it up as "A learning experience"

I'm guessing he sold off the mini ponies to make up for his losses from attempting to farm cattle