Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 222614 times)

The Big Train

Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #900 on: January 11, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »
There is a lot more TV coverage of Bitcoin, even on the big networks like CNBC etc and they bring on these so called 'experts'.  Most of these people don't really have any real expertise in this area and they just try and get people on these shows that get the most shock value(Prime example was about a week and a half ago that had a chart showing bitcoin in a giant BEAR market??????????) just to get their ratings up.

No fact checkers and they just nod and agree with these so called experts, who are mostly fund managers.  In the case of Monero they didn't consult with ANYONE who has been or currently is a part of the community.

The Big Train

« Reply #901 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:12 PM »
People are putting stuff on Linkedin that they are a blockchain expert or a bitcoin evangelist after being in the space for 3 months.  There was a Belgium guy(WhalePanda talking who is from there) and he was at this conference with me and I had never heard of him in the community, and he gave me his book :confused: 

Ricardo: Early on there was this IRC chat that wouldn't let you comment unless you had been around for a while. It was something like 6 months or something, and he would make you wait until you had been around long enough.  Sometimes he would elevate you to voice your opinion for about 30 minutes but it made people learn about the market before commenting saying they knew everything. We should have something like that because you have people who have been around for a few months and think they know everything about the community.

The Big Train

« Reply #902 on: January 11, 2018, 08:28:22 PM »
I'm just typing and not proof reading so bear with me on mistakes or bad English.

The Big Train

« Reply #903 on: January 11, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »
Talking about people calling it a Ponzi, and the question was how do you convince family or friends that it isn't just a made up currency.  "Ponzi is so 2016, it's just a fraud now" :lol:

The problem is people just can't wrap their head around it, the comparison is the uncle who used to be an accountant and that sort of person and their go to is it must be tulip mania and it's a bubble and the housing market crash and they have all these analogies of what Bitcoin is and they don't understand why it has value(I paused it because this is a great piece of explanation).  :lol:   WhalePanda asked how do you respond to them, and Charlie's answer is: "I just don't talk to them"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 11, 2018, 08:36:54 PM »
Is whalePanda the joe rogan of crypto podcasting?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #905 on: January 11, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »
All money is a human construct, it's just nation states backing it up.

The Big Train

« Reply #906 on: January 11, 2018, 08:42:05 PM »
It's better to talk about what makes things valuable.  If you go back to what makes gold valuable it's what makes crypto valuable too.

Charlie: One of the things that makes crypto valuable is that it can't be censored.  You yourself own, and you decide what you do with your money and that is something that didn't previously exist(to the people getting triggered, if you send or dispense over 10k, there will be questioned asked about WHY you need that much money, crypto does not).  Second is that is global, there are no boundaries to crypto, you can't just send someone an ounce of gold in China.

The Big Train

« Reply #907 on: January 11, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »
Is whalePanda the joe rogan of crypto podcasting?

I'm not familiar with Joe Rogan... is he relevant ITT?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 11, 2018, 08:44:53 PM »
Oh
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #909 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:40 PM »
Talking about wallet fees not and that people who have very low balances can't move their coins and are calling Bitcoin and Ponzi.  You can set your own transaction fee, little known fact, it will take longer of course, but you can, so everyone who is using only exchanges...yeah(this was my comment).

The Big Train

« Reply #910 on: January 11, 2018, 08:54:26 PM »
Continuing talking about fees, Charlie brings up a very good point.  Someone with an alternate AGENDA could be making a ton of microtransactions and loading up the mempool.  They may pay 10k a day in fees to do this.  If you have someone(Like dickface Roger Ver) who has billions of dollars that's a VERY small price to pay to push his agenda towards Bcash.

The Big Train

« Reply #911 on: January 11, 2018, 08:58:14 PM »
EVERYONE must do an ICO.  We are going to go through a bunch of phases.  There won't be a ton of coins, for one, who is going to mine them?

The Big Train

« Reply #912 on: January 11, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »
WhalePanda: So how would you explain Crypto currency to a 4th grader?

Samson: "So it's like you are at school and you have a chocolate bar, and someone takes it from you at lunchtime, uhh if that chocolate bar was a digital currency, they couldn't take it from you"

The Big Train

« Reply #913 on: January 11, 2018, 09:06:57 PM »
Thanks guys, end of show

The Big Train

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: January 12, 2018, 08:24:24 AM »
I watched that episode at work yesterday.  Those guys are pretty entertaining to listen to.
@mikec2w

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 12, 2018, 02:11:35 PM »
What are your thoughts on this theory?  Accurate or not?

https://twitter.com/cryptohodlerr/status/951795712701984768
@mikec2w

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #917 on: January 12, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »
Yesterday I told the bank teller "how do you feel as a banker in a world where crypto currencies are about to take over?" The guy freaked out! He lost his composure quick lol!  Talk about triggered.

The Big Train

« Reply #918 on: January 12, 2018, 08:11:30 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #919 on: January 12, 2018, 08:35:11 PM »
Yesterday I told the bank teller "how do you feel as a banker in a world where crypto currencies are about to take over?" The guy freaked out! He lost his composure quick lol!  Talk about triggered.

I would be scared shitless if I was a big time banker. Jamie Dimon and his fat face are eating those comments about bitcoin being a fraud last year.

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #921 on: January 13, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »

The Big Train

« Reply #922 on: January 13, 2018, 10:20:32 AM »
For the numbers/stats people. Great article.

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-2017-stats

The Big Train

« Reply #923 on: January 14, 2018, 10:20:32 AM »
Roger Ver just doesn’t get it and it’s rough ridin' hilarious.  :lol:

https://twitter.com/whalepanda/status/952573435951108096

The Big Train