Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 222224 times)

The Big Train

Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #875 on: January 10, 2018, 10:26:03 AM »
What the hell do you do with all of the fractions of coins that are left on Binance when you sell?  Am I doing something wrong or is it just inevitable?

Have a few other small amounts of Dash, Monero, Ripple, and BNB.

Currently you can’t sell fractions of a coin which is why you should always use BNB to pay the fee.  You get a 50% reduction in fees and the price will appreciate because Binance buys back BNB to destroy to decrease supply.  That’s really the only reason I keep it.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 10, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I wondered if that is what the BNB was for.
@mikec2w

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 10, 2018, 10:48:40 PM »
Man the Korean government starts raiding exchanges and everyone decides to panic sell...
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

The Big Train

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 11, 2018, 08:12:08 AM »
I spent a good bit of time watching the buy/sell charts during a particular high volume period for TRX yesterday.  It sure appears that there are a ton of bots trading with the speed at which bids and asks are submitted when the price is climbing.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #882 on: January 11, 2018, 08:21:11 AM »
I spent a good bit of time watching the buy/sell charts during a particular high volume period for TRX yesterday.  It sure appears that there are a ton of bots trading with the speed at which bids and asks are submitted when the price is climbing.

For about 10 min the LTC price was $250 on GDAX and $230 on Binance, caused because of a bidding war on GDAX.  Both exchanges have API's for trading...  :D :D :D

That’s how the price rises and falls so rapidly.  All the major exchanges have API’s you can use to create your own trading bots with your own algorithms.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 11, 2018, 08:54:57 AM »
It's pretty hilarious how Korea and China can send the entire crypto world into chaos

The Big Train

« Reply #884 on: January 11, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »
It’s a very profitable business model.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 11, 2018, 09:18:28 AM »
Pretty big news for Ripple this morning. 

https://twitter.com/bgarlinghouse/status/951457716660142081
@mikec2w

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 11, 2018, 09:21:56 AM »
Crater the currency 12 hours before major announcement make millions (billions?)

The Big Train

« Reply #887 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:42 AM »
Imagine NOT knowing how all of this works :lol:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 11, 2018, 09:33:57 AM »
It's all the more reason to just HODL and not flinch

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 11, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »
Well, I got an account a couple days ago because I thought XRP was (is) undervalued... now just need to wait 2 weeks for my account to be verified and by then it will probably have tripled or something. :bang:
:adios:

The Big Train

« Reply #890 on: January 11, 2018, 10:03:56 AM »
Well, I got an account a couple days ago because I thought XRP was (is) undervalued... now just need to wait 2 weeks for my account to be verified and by then it will probably have tripled or something. :bang:

Sorry bud :frown:

Did you just end up going with the Bitstamp account?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 11, 2018, 10:05:48 AM »
I think Binance is still accepting accounts.
@mikec2w

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 11, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »

I did.  It seems to be a good site, just not quick to verify new accounts. 

There will always be another good time to get in, not too worried about it.  XRP is up 25% since I tried to put a buy order in though...

The Big Train

« Reply #893 on: January 11, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »

There will always be another good time to get in, not too worried about it.  XRP is up 25% since I tried to put a buy order in though...

Just as a forewarning your fraud alerts for any account you send money with might be frozen.  Bitstamp is located in the UK and most fraud detections will register it as a fraudulent transaction.  It’s not, but it might trigger it once you send money.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 11, 2018, 10:22:32 AM »

Just as a forewarning your fraud alerts for any account you send money with might be frozen.  Bitstamp is located in the UK and most fraud detections will register it as a fraudulent transaction.  It’s not, but it might trigger it once you send money.
Good to know, thanks.

The Big Train

« Reply #895 on: January 11, 2018, 07:22:52 PM »
Interested to see how this impacts the bot trading.  You watch the order history right now and as much as I have there are a TON of orders way below these new minimums.

https://twitter.com/gdax/status/951571650998235136

The Big Train

« Reply #896 on: January 11, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »
Over 33%(7/20) orders from this 28 seconds of trading are below the minimums they are instituting. For people who trade lower amounts it kind of sucks but overall it’s going to be way better for everyone else.

The Big Train

« Reply #897 on: January 11, 2018, 08:03:59 PM »
So I’m going to do a little bit of live blogging, first ever for the crypto thread!

I’m watching the second episode of Magical Crypto Friends(episode 1 was v good and this one is too) and almost half way through(so idk how much live blogging there will be).  They are talking about cryptokitties which was a smart contract exercise to basically show that blockchains in their current form aren’t ready for mainstream scalability.

The Big Train

« Reply #898 on: January 11, 2018, 08:09:27 PM »
This was done on Ethereum(context will probably be lost if you don’t know about DAO’s, google it) but Charlie is talking about the true need for decentralized organizations.  In the case of cryptokitties there really will never be a need for it.  The scaling issue WhalePanda brings up is that if Ethereum delivers on their promise there could be hundreds of thousands of these things.

Charlie says that for an application like that being centralized is completely fine.  If google makes a platform for this why would it be wrong to create it there?  There can be truly decentralized organizations but not everyone needs to have one.  Just like currencies, not every single one of them needs to be decentralized.

The Big Train

« Reply #899 on: January 11, 2018, 08:12:38 PM »
Most important thing to remember is that blockchains don't scale onchain.  You can create as big of blocks as you want, which Ethereum does, and it doesn't scale well right now.