Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 222301 times)

The Big Train

Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #800 on: January 04, 2018, 03:20:02 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 04, 2018, 03:39:32 PM »
They will add ripple, they are just covering their ass.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #803 on: January 04, 2018, 03:54:24 PM »
Dang. Glad I registered for binance this morning.

The Big Train

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 04, 2018, 07:41:23 PM »
Damnit the big wet blanket why are you doing this to me :bawl:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 04, 2018, 08:59:26 PM »
Watching TRX money slip through my hands as Coinbase is on 12 hour delay for sends.   :impatient:

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 04, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »
I feel your pain Phil.  On another front,  I've been seeing a lot of chatter about XVG.  Haven't looked much at it yet though.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #809 on: January 04, 2018, 09:33:31 PM »
Again, do not keep funds on exchanges, no matter how safe they are, stuff like this can effect you.

https://engineering.coinbase.com/update-on-meltdown-and-spectre-45d344c47b5

The Big Train

« Reply #810 on: January 04, 2018, 09:38:39 PM »
I feel your pain Phil.  On another front,  I've been seeing a lot of chatter about XVG.  Haven't looked much at it yet though.

I thought I posted this somewhere but this is the core dev from Monero(the coin the hackers converted to in the WannaCry incident to get their money, true private transactions).

https://twitter.com/fluffypony/status/947878557702852608

The Big Train

Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #811 on: January 04, 2018, 09:47:00 PM »
Like I don’t want to be condescending and stuff to you guys who are just getting started but this isn’t just a get rich quick thing.  A large majority of these coins are scams and you will literally pay the price.

The reason there have and will be large pumps and dumps is because of investor ignorance.  I know the ICO’s and the hot new “coins” can jump a lot but please please do your research first.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 04, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »
My dumbA forgot I had coins in my hardware wallet...plugged that baby in, zipped over and got some TRX in 5 minutes. 

The Big Train

« Reply #813 on: January 04, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »
My dumbA forgot I had coins in my hardware wallet...plugged that baby in, zipped over and got some TRX in 5 minutes.

LTC I assume :D

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 04, 2018, 10:01:05 PM »

tiny baby amount of ETH....not moving out of LTC positions.

The Big Train

« Reply #815 on: January 04, 2018, 10:04:26 PM »

tiny baby amount of ETH....not moving out of LTC positions.

ETH is about the only thing producing blocks faster than LTC except when Bcash difficulty drops. Good man, LTC isn’t something to relinquish.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 04, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »
Like I don’t want to be condescending and stuff to you guys who are just getting started but this isn’t just a get rich quick thing.  A large majority of these coins are scams and you will literally pay the price.

The reason there have and will be large pumps and dumps is because of investor ignorance.  I know the ICO’s and the hot new “coins” can jump a lot but please please do your research first.

I am just trying to figure out at what point I am going to turn the TRX gains into BTC.
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #817 on: January 04, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »

I am just trying to figure out at what point I am going to turn the TRX gains into BTC.

And I am speaking to a larger audience.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

The Big Train

« Reply #820 on: January 05, 2018, 07:26:15 AM »
Congrats Phil! You’ve been pro-XRP from the beginning. That’s a game changer and a use case for how blockchain tech will truly change the world.

:kstategrad:

The Big Train

« Reply #821 on: January 05, 2018, 07:39:31 AM »
Before noon cst?? What do you guys think?!

It was just after midnight it popped its 1k cherry. Right on schedule :Keke:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 05, 2018, 08:52:31 AM »
Like I don’t want to be condescending and stuff to you guys who are just getting started but this isn’t just a get rich quick thing.
Well, you can take steps to be prudent, but this is completely a get rich quick thing. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

The Big Train

« Reply #823 on: January 05, 2018, 08:56:17 AM »
Like I don’t want to be condescending and stuff to you guys who are just getting started but this isn’t just a get rich quick thing.
Well, you can take steps to be prudent, but this is completely a get rich quick thing.

It’s also a lose all your money thing. Just trying to be helpful.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 05, 2018, 09:16:55 AM »

It’s also a lose all your money thing. Just trying to be helpful.
That's how most get rich quick things work.

But even aside from the ICOs and sketchy coins, you're kidding yourself if the larger crypto market (even the "solid" currencies) aren't get rich quick things.  Bitcoin is up 1500% in the last year.  Litecoin is up over 5600%.  This whole thing is a goldrush, fueled mostly by people drunk on the idea of multiplying their wealth for no effort and wanting to make a quick buck.  That's basically why I tossed some money at it, and, hey, it worked!  It's an attractive market in the same way a hot craps table is attractive.

You're right that people should know that many of these coins are essentially penny stocks, and carry the same risks.  But I think you could have also said that about some of the more established coins back when they were available at fractions of what they're now selling for.  Those of us in established cryptos and those of us in dogecoin are all playing more or less the same game here, is what i'm trying to say.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]