Author Topic: Can we get a depth chart?  (Read 5846 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: Can we get a depth chart?
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2017, 04:02:32 PM »
I think we'll be fine at LB. Those guys have all shown the speed to be excellent in kickoff coverage and I like that they are giants compared to past guys like 5'7.5" Slaughter and Truman.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2017, 04:06:59 PM »
Bigger/better than Truman!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2017, 08:58:30 PM »
I think we'll be fine at LB. Those guys have all shown the speed to be excellent in kickoff coverage and I like that they are giants compared to past guys like 5'7.5" Slaughter and Truman.

Maybe by height, by like a few inches? Slaughter is 5'10 227 and Truman is 5'11 218.

I'll give you speed.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 09:46:50 PM »
way to go, drew wiley.

No joke, I guess the rumors were true. Not a ton of depth there either

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2017, 11:33:06 PM »
Personally, I'm a little surprised that goolsby is starting as the other safety. A lot of the talk that I heard indicated that it was more between Walker and McPhereson.

Personally, I'm a little surprised that a KSU fan is a little surprised by a Snyder depth chart.

That's fair. Still didn't expect to see Goolsby.

I think they're looking to replace Barnett's ability to get players in the right position more than raw ability.  I'm not sure they view Adams in that role, at least not compared to Goolsby.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Walker be the first player to ascend on the depth chart if the defense isn't lining up right.

Offline nitrocat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »
Personally, I'm a little surprised that goolsby is starting as the other safety. A lot of the talk that I heard indicated that it was more between Walker and McPhereson.

Personally, I'm a little surprised that a KSU fan is a little surprised by a Snyder depth chart.

That's fair. Still didn't expect to see Goolsby.

I think they're looking to replace Barnett's ability to get players in the right position more than raw ability.  I'm not sure they view Adams in that role, at least not compared to Goolsby.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Walker be the first player to ascend on the depth chart if the defense isn't lining up right.

So, you're saying that the guy that's been a safety for less than a year is the guy on the defense that's supposed to get everyone lined up, instead of the guy that's been starting at safety for 2 years, and played the position all throughout his college career? Not really buying that.

I think that it's simply that Goolsby has shown enough, and has been in the playbook longer than Walker. I do agree with your premise that Walker will be in that spot quickly if Goolsby doesn't play assignment sound. Hopefully Walker is all caught up by conference play.