Author Topic: Good For Scott And Good For The Team - The Pit Edition  (Read 5281 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good For Scott And Good For The Team - The Pit Edition
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »
It bothers me so much when people try to act like we shouldn't care about this or that it doesn't matter (usually with some bigoted qualifier, see "the K-State family" FB and issues with "condoning" or finding him "disgusting").  Just watch the video and see how emotional he gets.  See how he recounts the story of coming out, being so mentally shaken he is crying, sounding like near a panic attack,  all for telling his team mates, who should be his close confidants, what the fibers of his humanity are made of.  We have a long way to go when anyone still feels like they can't be loved and accepted for who they are.  If wanting a society where people can be who they are, without fear of reprisal and rejection makes you a SJW, sign me up.

First off, give me an example where a high-profile athlete - hell, even a high school or no-name college athlete came out and said he was gay and got derided socially, burned in effigy, or even tarred and feathered....what do you expect is going to happen?  Hell, nobody "accepts" my traditional, American (and ultimately logical) thoughts on here, but do I go home crying for acceptance? Grow up!

As for "how emotional he gets," I dare you to enter a locker room full of testosterone-laden young men that you are daily fully naked in front of, and declare that you find the form they carry around arousing sexually, and not sweat just a little in anticipation of their reaction. That's just being human. I'm sure there's LOTS of crying in prison.

I hope and pray that Oscar comes out as gay. Would explain a LOT!

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2017, 12:11:43 AM »
Pretty solid points from 'lemy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2017, 12:20:44 AM »
a locker room full of testosterone-laden young men that you are daily fully naked in front of, and declare that you find the form they carry around arousing sexually

Off-topic, this reminded me of when that other o-lineman was waddling around naked in the locker room but w/his junk tucked between his legs a few years back. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2017, 01:09:48 AM »
It bothers me so much when people try to act like we shouldn't care about this or that it doesn't matter (usually with some bigoted qualifier, see "the K-State family" FB and issues with "condoning" or finding him "disgusting").  Just watch the video and see how emotional he gets.  See how he recounts the story of coming out, being so mentally shaken he is crying, sounding like near a panic attack,  all for telling his team mates, who should be his close confidants, what the fibers of his humanity are made of.  We have a long way to go when anyone still feels like they can't be loved and accepted for who they are.  If wanting a society where people can be who they are, without fear of reprisal and rejection makes you a SJW, sign me up.

First off, give me an example where a high-profile athlete - hell, even a high school or no-name college athlete came out and said he was gay and got derided socially, burned in effigy, or even tarred and feathered....what do you expect is going to happen?  Hell, nobody "accepts" my traditional, American (and ultimately logical) thoughts on here, but do I go home crying for acceptance? Grow up!

As for "how emotional he gets," I dare you to enter a locker room full of testosterone-laden young men that you are daily fully naked in front of, and declare that you find the form they carry around arousing sexually, and not sweat just a little in anticipation of their reaction. That's just being human. I'm sure there's LOTS of crying in prison.

I was going to make a post to talk some of this out, but Jesus dude....
FYI you have more to fear from Republican members of congress in lockerooms and restrooms then you do lgbtq people. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ascentofstan

• Fan
  • It's the wonder of nature, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2017, 01:17:39 AM »

What would that explain, exactly?

Actually, don't bother. The ignorance you continually display in this thread speaks for your character loud enough.

Offline BushBlister

• Combo-Fan
  • MINION TIME!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2017, 01:37:01 AM »
frantz:
     a) completes me
     b) had me at hello

ptolemy: confirmed monstarr

i got a laptop now

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2017, 07:34:08 AM »
It's sad that some people on this board still don't get how trolls work.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2017, 07:36:13 AM »
Who do you think is trolling?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »

WTF is an "American" thought???

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2017, 08:42:56 AM »
a locker room full of testosterone-laden young men that you are daily fully naked in front of, and declare that you find the form they carry around arousing sexually

Off-topic, this reminded me of when that other o-lineman was waddling around naked in the locker room but w/his junk tucked between his legs a few years back.

That was Drew Liddle.... he's now an assistant... Good guy.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2017, 09:23:44 AM »

There's an inherent contradiction in preaching something is normal while simultaneously throwing a parade every time somebody publicly discloses their normalcy. That annoys people.

People also get annoyed (mostly on social media) by the pius hangers-on who scream "look at me, I support this, which makes me a good person, probably better than anyone who doesn't scream support for this."

I don't gaf, but it's obvious that's going on.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »
I find it so fascinating that the "why is this news?" people are the same ones that have fought for the last 20 years to deny gay people civil rights.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2017, 10:08:20 AM »
You guys should maybe take trash like that to the Pit. There's really no need for it here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2017, 10:26:06 AM »
You guys should maybe take trash like that to the Pit. There's really no need for it here.

agree with KSUDub on this

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »
I find it so fascinating that the "why is this news?" people are the same ones that have fought for the last 20 years to deny gay people civil rights.

What "civil rights" are bisexuals denied? For that matter, what precisely is the complaint from the "B" in LGBTQ?

Been wondering this for quite awhile, and the question has yet to be answered.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2017, 11:09:10 AM »

ESPN commands that we discuss it here because they think it is about sports.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2017, 12:55:08 PM »

just go away you rough ridin' downgrade

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2017, 01:26:19 PM »

just go away you rough ridin' downgrade
Agree with clams on this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »

Why don't you explain it to us in this instance?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2017, 04:07:46 PM »

I'm very glad to hear some folks want to better themselves around here!

Here you go: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/troll4.htm

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2017, 04:18:42 PM »

apparently you don't understand what trolling is bc if you think that's what he's doing you're giving him way too much credit.  nope,  brian is just the type of weirdo that your parents warned you about.  ask yourself what type of person would decide that a thread like this should be about themselves and their beliefs and that should clear things up for you.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
I stand with pissclams on this issue.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »
I stand with pissclams on this issue.

second this
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2017, 11:33:09 PM »

Oh, so you're the troll. rough ridin' knock it off dude.

Offline TolleMee

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2017, 12:05:42 AM »

Oh, so you're the troll. rough ridin' knock it off dude.

I agree...Apparently on this previously welcoming-of-free-speech-site challenging opinions were welcomed and openly debated...until now.

My access to this site has been impeded. I have not trolled anyone. I have not worked to out anyone's identity...though some have attempted to reveal MY personal information against stated site rules!

All I have done is dare to challenge stated opinions with another point of view.

I love Kansas State as much, perhaps more, than any of you could possibly muster. I want only the best for my university.

I enjoy exchanging thoughts and opinions among my brethren, particularly if we disagree. If you believe I have harmed you or insulted you in some personal way, please PM me and let me know. I will acknowledge your concerns and address them forthwith.

But to work to impede my access to reading and exchanging ideas and opinions among you is an assault on part of all that makes us Kansas State grads.