Author Topic: Hyena, Killdog, Mantool. Seasoned meat. Grit.  (Read 17555 times)

Offline delerioustyme

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hyena, Killdog, Mantool. Seasoned meat. Grit.
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2017, 10:25:22 PM »
What was in the lunchbox when Frank(mom?) was bringing us lunch?  Certainly weren't any trophy's in that brown paper bag.

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/columns/2017-07-08/kevin-haskin-frank-martin-senses-change-perception-final-four

:lick:

Ran into him on Friday at the Vegas Summer Pro League.  He was there to watch Thornwell and Dozier.

He trippin' so much, fans gonna begin to think he done fell off!

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2017, 11:51:43 PM »

Ran into him on Friday at the Vegas Summer Pro League.  He was there to watch Thornwell and Dozier.

He trippin' so much, fans gonna begin to think he done fell off!

Man! Can you imagine where we'd be on the pecking scale if he was still here?

What a mismanaged clustercopulation that we are left with Gomer Pyle after running off Gunny Highway.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2017, 11:58:02 PM »
I'm committed to analyzing and maybe even enjoying watching the players on this team and pretty sure I'm not going to have an effect on who coaches them for the next 8 or 9 months.  I have no problem if you don't like these players.  Thats how you roll.

What if we all did what you are doing?

The administration would view it as we love the way the program is headed - they are making money while the team is just below the MEH level.  Why change course?

You see?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2017, 12:02:36 AM »
When do you start not caring enough to stay out of this thread? I realize that by receiving feedback to your posts, I'm probably giving you the idea that you should keep posting. Don't interpret that way.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2017, 12:12:28 AM »
When do you start not caring enough to stay out of this thread? I realize that by receiving feedback to your posts, I'm probably giving you the idea that you should keep posting. Don't interpret that way.

Ditto.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2017, 01:26:30 AM »
I'm committed to analyzing and maybe even enjoying watching the players on this team and pretty sure I'm not going to have an effect on who coaches them for the next 8 or 9 months.  I have no problem if you don't like these players.  Thats how you roll.

What if we all did what you are doing?

The administration would view it as we love the way the program is headed - they are making money while the team is just below the MEH level.  Why change course?

You see?

Back to the three players Reno started this thread with.  Wainrights stats his freshman year at Penn Valley.  45.5% from three on 112 shots.  36% from three this year on 150 shots.
Trinity Valley Community College Head Coach Guy Furr:
“There are not enough good things that I can say about Amaad. He is a fantastic player who can do a little bit of everything, but he is an even better person off the court. I don’t know if there is a more excited person to be playing at K-State. He is just thrilled to be able to wear the Purple and White and follow in the footsteps of his grandfather and brother and play in the Big 12. He fills up the stat sheet. Some nights he would lead us in scoring, some nights in rebounding or some nights in assists. He is very unselfish and a great teammate. Simply, Amaad is a winner on and off the court.”

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2017, 08:13:58 AM »

Ditto.
I regret not making an asp reference. Shame on me.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2017, 10:56:56 AM »

Back to the three players Reno started this thread with.  Wainrights stats his freshman year at Penn Valley.  45.5% from three on 112 shots.  36% from three this year on 150 shots.
“There are not enough good things that I can say about Amaad. He is a fantastic player who can do a little bit of everything, but he is an even better person off the court. I don’t know if there is a more excited person to be playing at K-State. He is just thrilled to be able to wear the Purple and White and follow in the footsteps of his grandfather and brother and play in the Big 12. He fills up the stat sheet. Some nights he would lead us in scoring, some nights in rebounding or some nights in assists. He is very unselfish and a great teammate. Simply, Amaad is a winner on and off the court.”

Penn Valley?

PENN VALLEY??

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »

Penn Valley?

PENN VALLEY??
You must be a K State basketball fan that is very low on knowledge if you do not know Wainrights route to get to K State.   He transferred to Trinity to find better competition on his brothers recommendation. 

Too bad you didn't know the three point line at Penn Valley is the same distance as the one in the Big 12 and that was why I mentioned Penn Valley. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
cat97 is melting down hard af  :frown:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2017, 01:26:09 PM »
When you have a big hairy hamboney you ain't got nothing to prove to anyone.  These three have Texas swingwangers in their jeans.  This horse manure about where someone has been or who wanted them is Jayhawk elitist snobbery.  Foster, Wes, and McGruder are the 3 best players in the Oscar era.  2 NBAs, and 1 likely.  Who the hell wanted these kids out of high school?  A lot of kids blossom as they get older.  Hopefully it is one of the babies you hatch that blossoms.  If not, go Viking and raid other programs.  I think these guys are late bloomers and will help us have a better year than last.  If not, I will have fun cussing weber and making moronic statements about his brainwaves.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2017, 04:31:56 PM »
cat97 is melting down hard af  :frown:
You are right meme.  I forgot to tell you high bb IQ guys who his brother is.  Should have but for a while I thought you guys didn't care. 
He returned to his roots in Kansas City to begin his college career at Penn Valley Community College where he averaged 17.4 points, 8.1 rebounds and 4.3 assists as a freshman.

“A lot of my credits didn’t transfer to so that’s why I had to go to junior college,” Wainright said of changing high schools his senior year. “I wanted to go back home to Kansas City so that’s why I went to Penn Valley.

“It didn’t turn out like I hoped. My brother told me about Trinity Valley and that turned out to be a better fit for me.”

His brother, Ishmail Wainright, was a senior on the Baylor basketball team last season and Amaad found his comfort zone at Trinity Valley. Forced to redshirt the 2015-16 season due to an injury, he returned to action this past season and averaged 14.2 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.5 steals.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »
Can't wait to win ballgames!

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2017, 10:55:27 PM »
Nobody cares.

The coach is mid-major.

The players recruited are sub-P5-standard.

We have been worn-down.

Nobody cares.

If I trained mice to play basketball at a lower-than-P5-level, would you start a thread to discuss it?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2017, 12:23:42 AM »
Gorillas I would comment about.  Mice no, they would roll the ball around.  Now Gorillas are teachable.  Lemy we will be  better than mediocre, good.  Never great though 23 wins and 1 win in the tournament.  My hope is that a couple of players become big 12 top players and we whup ol  Bill at least once.  Rooting for our team is like driving an old beater.  The Thrill is just making to your destination, looks ain't important.  Ugly good, like a fat grandma.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2017, 08:13:01 AM »
It's going to be fun to have a KSU guy to cheer for in the NBA.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2017, 09:54:22 AM »
Can't wait until we're picked preseason dead last in the Big 12 and then we prove everyone wrong and finish 8th  :excited:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2017, 11:15:31 AM »
Can't wait until we're picked preseason dead last in the Big 12 and then we prove everyone wrong and finish 8th  :excited:

Meow Meow rising and grinding for those paper trophies.