Author Topic: Hyena, Killdog, Mantool. Seasoned meat. Grit.  (Read 17382 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hyena, Killdog, Mantool. Seasoned meat. Grit.
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2017, 11:47:53 PM »
I think its okay to not to care or be peaved,  oscar has disappointed us.  I choose not to have a nuclear burr up my butt and torqued at the world.  I am going to have fun with basketball.  The fun of new optimism and even the cussing oscar can be fun.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2017, 11:52:43 PM »
especially the cussing oscar.  basketball is fun.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2017, 08:45:16 AM »
If 97 wants to talk hoops, let'em talk hoops FFS.

I don't see any oscar Weber pom poms waving

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2017, 08:53:06 AM »
Thanks to Reno for starting this thread, we did get a little basketball discussion about the three late signees.  I don't even have a problem with those that do not care.  That is their right.

Also, I won't be jumping in on many threads.  Just where I see a thread that gives an opportunity to discuss basketball and the players on this team.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:56:15 AM by cat97 »

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2017, 09:14:45 AM »
Thanks to Reno for starting this thread, we did get a little basketball discussion about the three late signees.  I don't even have a problem with those that do not care.  That is their right.

Also, I won't be jumping in on many threads.  Just where I see a thread that gives an opportunity to discuss basketball and the players on this team.

Hey 97, would you be willing to answer this question? TIA

I follow cat basketball recruiting pretty closely but I've honestly never heard of Mawien or Sallah. Who are they and when did we get them on campus?

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2017, 09:55:24 AM »

Hey 97, would you be willing to answer this question? TIA

I follow cat basketball recruiting pretty closely but I've honestly never heard of Mawien or Sallah. Who are they and when did we get them on campus?
No problem.  A couple of links with full details.  The last paragraph of each article has comments from their current coach.  I quess you could say Williams departure opened the scholarship for Mawien and the Maurice departure opened the scholarship for Sallah.  These two guys are very EMAW  -  Emawien and Emawdo. 
http://www.kstatesports.com/news/weber-announces-the-signing-of-makol-mawien-04-25-2017
http://www.kstatesports.com/news/k-state-adds-graduate-transfer-mawdo-sallah-06-20-2017
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:01:02 AM by cat97 »

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2017, 10:26:52 AM »
just watched the first few seconds of that video, but I don't see how he is going to adjust to the faster pace of NCAA D1 basketball
  No doubt adjusting to D1 ball will be a question as juco basketball is more guard oreinted.  He did spend a red shirt year at Utah so practiced against 7 footer Poetl who is now in the NBA.  Also attended the 2014 Lebron James skills camp so he has at least played against high level big men.

There goes Lebron trying to destroy K-State basketball again  :shakesfist: Poor oscar

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
http://www.kstatesports.com/news/weber-announces-the-signing-of-makol-mawien-04-25-2017

“He fills an immediate need for a veteran player who has experience at not only the community college level but at Division I while at Utah."

He redshirted his only season with the Utes in 2015-16 where he went up against All-American and Pac-12 Player of the Year Jakob Poeltl in practice.

oscar talk'n 'bout practice?

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
Someone said it on the first page, I'll take an interest in basketball once basketball season is here (and likely after football is done) but with Oscar as the coach there's little reason to be excited. He hasn't disappointed us, he's exactly who most everyone thought he'd be, and that is someone trying to run a mid-major style at a major conference school. It doesn't work, we're going to keep being mediocre at best, he's going to keep giving minutes to Budke's who make me want to gouge my eyes out rather than watch them play.

We have little desire to talk offseason basketball because there's very little reason for optimism. I'll cheer for the players during the games, but oscar can sit on a shattered glass dildo for what he's done to my favorite team in my favorite sport

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »
I need the new chart of players and names immediately. it's really the only thing I like about ksu basketball.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »
relax, it's friday

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2017, 12:29:00 AM »
Sorry, What does Weber have with me being a KSU basketball fan.  I was a fan before Weber got here and will be one after he is gone.

Imagine your Mom (or wife) delivering you a daily meal after a hard day's work, gradually starts introducing unpalatable elements onto the plate. One year, it's steak and a side of lima beans. Next year, it's medium-rare liver with a side of maggots. The next year is a main course of a dense link of poop with a side order of barely fried worms.

At which point would you send the order back?

This is the state of KState basketball. We cannot allow this to continue. We cannot pretend a large link of steamy poop is something that can be swallowed by pretending it is "Hyena, Killdog, Mantool, Seasoned Meat, or Grit."

Do you understand?

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2017, 12:56:24 AM »
sounds like 'lemy isn't ready for the meatfart era

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2017, 08:22:44 AM »
Sorry, What does Weber have with me being a KSU basketball fan.  I was a fan before Weber got here and will be one after he is gone.

Imagine your Mom (or wife) delivering you a daily meal after a hard day's work, gradually starts introducing unpalatable elements onto the plate. One year, it's steak and a side of lima beans. Next year, it's medium-rare liver with a side of maggots. The next year is a main course of a dense link of poop with a side order of barely fried worms.

This is the state of KState basketball. We cannot allow this to continue. We cannot pretend a large link of steamy poop is something that can be swallowed by pretending it is "Hyena, Killdog, Mantool, Seasoned Meat, or Grit."

Do you understand?
  You are now trying to convince other posters the players on this team are a large link of steamy poop. I'm impressed that you took time to study each of these seven newcomers in detail to reach this conclusion.   Pretty impressive work for somebody who doesn't care.  Now maybe you can list the details on each guy and why you think they are a steamy link of poop.  (I'm sure you wouldn't make a claim like that about the players on our team without the knowledge to back up it up.)

How about starting out with why Wainright is a link of steamy poop?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »
If part of assessing recruits is still looking at what options they had and where they ended up going of or having to go, I'm confident all these guys are poop links, basketball-wise.  Doesn't mean there isn't entertainment value to be found.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:03:12 AM by Trim »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2017, 08:55:20 AM »
I care!  :bball:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »

Do you understand?

Pretty sure Budke graduated and now plays for the Knicks

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2017, 09:17:06 AM »

Do you understand?

What was in the lunchbox when Frank(mom?) was bringing us lunch?  Certainly weren't any trophy's in that brown paper bag.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »
If part of assessing recruits is still looking at what options they had and where they ended up going of or having to go, I'm confident all these guys are poop links, basketball-wise.  Doesn't mean there isn't entertainment value to be found.
If you start with Wainright,
 After re-opening recruitment he chose K-State over LSU, Illinois, Boise State and Murray State,
Thats Illinois with Brad Underwood as coach.

Mawien went to Utah out of high school but had an offer from Gonzaga among others.  He is a better and more developed player now than when he was in high school but was off the radar at a juco in Hobbs New Mexico.  He committed to us after one year of juco ball and that probably helped us get in before other schools. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2017, 09:39:29 AM »
How will the team make up for the loss of Wes? Watching last year, mainly the latter part of the season, I saw no one capable of stepping into his leadership role. I think his production can be replaced, but as far as a floor leader, I don't see it. Also his defense. I love Wes, I'll miss him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
What was in the lunchbox when Frank(mom?) was bringing us lunch?  Certainly weren't any trophy's in that brown paper bag.

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/columns/2017-07-08/kevin-haskin-frank-martin-senses-change-perception-final-four

:lick:

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2017, 12:38:49 PM »
How will the team make up for the loss of Wes? Watching last year, mainly the latter part of the season, I saw no one capable of stepping into his leadership role. I think his production can be replaced, but as far as a floor leader, I don't see it. Also his defense. I love Wes, I'll miss him.
  Good points but I'm actually more worried about his production on rebounds and defense.  I think others can step up and lead but somebody still has to go get 7 rebounds a game that Wes was pulling down in the last half of the Big 12.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »
We shall see how it plays out. I hope you are right about someone becoming a leader. I couldn't find an ounce of it last year.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »

Wes waz a stud, but I'm far more concerned about losing DJamer and Maurice.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2017, 04:50:25 PM »
I agree about center but went back and checked rebound numbers for DJamer and Maurice in the last 5 games last year.  Those two combined averaged 6.6 rebounds in those 5 games.  We should be able to replace those numbers with a combination of Sallah, Mawien and the three freshman, Love, Shadd and Stockard.  All are 6 ft 8 to 6ft 9 and 225 to 240 lbs.  Decent rebounders at their last level of competition.  Scoring will probably be down from the center position as DJs numbers will be hard to replace and this years centers will not get many touches that do not come from an offensive rebound.
DJamer was not the same rebounder after the sprained ankle in the KU game.  Nothing close to what he was earlier in the year.  Overall rebounding was a weakness with this years team and how the players on this years team improve that area is a question mark. 

.  TT          DJamer  4   Maurice  1 total  5
Baylor    DJamer  7    Maurice 2    total  9
West V    DJamer  6   Maurice  2    total  8
Wake F    DJamer  6   Maurice 1    total   7
Cinc        DJamer  2   Maurice   2    total  4

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:29:12 PM by cat97 »