Author Topic: Bumping airline common passengers so big shots can fly.  (Read 18071 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bumping airline passengers by thumping so company guys can fly.
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2017, 11:03:30 AM »
They paid for the god damn seat, the baby is allowed on the flight without paying for a ticket.  They're just putting their gd baby in the seat that is open, it would be no different then if you randomly had a seat open next to you and your friend who was also on the flight with a ticket moved up and sat next to you.  You guys are dumbasses.

Well the difference is that if there was an empty seat then the passenger they were trying to accommodate would be assigned that seat and it would no longer be an empty seat. It's more like what sys was saying about if you paid for an extra seat for elbow room.

They shouldn't be trying to accommodate a passenger in a seat that was already paid for by someone else (I'm well aware that they are allowed to but idgaf bc that is stupid)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2017, 11:05:07 AM »
They paid for the god damn seat, the baby is allowed on the flight without paying for a ticket.  They're just putting their gd baby in the seat that is open, it would be no different then if you randomly had a seat open next to you and your friend who was also on the flight with a ticket moved up and sat next to you.  You guys are dumbasses.

the seat isn't open. the person who was assigned to it no-showed the flight so the airline resold it. that happens a thousand times a day. seriously 1,000 times every single day.

I know how the system works daris, good grief.   That is why I think this is an outrage. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »
I have this extra ticket to the cats game, but dangit it's in my other sons name so sorry kid you can't go

And the RCPD is going to put you in jail and social services are going to take your kid away.

Seems reasonable, oh wait, that's crazy.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2017, 11:15:18 AM »

Well the difference is that if there was an empty seat then the passenger they were trying to accommodate would be assigned that seat and it would no longer be an empty seat. It's more like what sys was saying about if you paid for an extra seat for elbow room.

They shouldn't be trying to accommodate a passenger in a seat that was already paid for by someone else (I'm well aware that they are allowed to but idgaf bc that is stupid)

you realize that you are advocating for an airline to not be able to resell the seat of a passenger who no shows a sold out flight, right?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »
I have this extra ticket to the cats game, but dangit it's in my other sons name so sorry kid you can't go

And the RCPD is going to put you in jail and social services are going to take your kid away.

1)the person that told them that is ridiculous and wrong and should be suspended or fired or something.
2)I also wish airline coc agreements were like event tickets. they aren't.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2017, 11:19:43 AM »

you realize that you are advocating for an airline to not be able to resell the seat of a passenger who no shows a sold out flight, right?

Yes, i am ok w that if airlines can't act responsibly when doing so and treat people w decency.  Most no shows are single travelers so this problem isn't common. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »

let me know how it goes if you leave the royals game and try to get back in

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2017, 11:21:59 AM »
Do the royals resell your ticket?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2017, 11:23:21 AM »
No but i'm moving down to it from the Hyvee section after the 3rd inning.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2017, 11:25:52 AM »
None of these things can happen to you if you buy tickets and pick out your seat(s) when doing so and the correct people show up and sit in those seats, right?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »
People are tired of fine print and lawerly bs clauses in everything they purchase.  If they had a weasel chopping clause in an airline so.they would have room, would that be right?  IMO if you pay foe a.reservation that seat is yours unless your plane can't fly.  United bumps people with the lowest price tickets first - this wrong.   Late comers should be the first bumped.  The article I read about kicking this family off.the plane said as.they were.leaving 4 PEOLE came on the plane.to take.their seats.  Threatening to throw the parents in jail worked I guess.   Ahole Airlines should be punished or boycotted.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »
yeah go ahead and stop flying

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »

Did the family leave the terminal and then try and re-enter? Cause if they did then I can see why there was an issue.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2017, 11:53:36 AM »
guess what, the airline has rules and regs and you can't just sub one person for another's seat and you agree to that when you buy a ticket. it's dumb but it's pretty standard across airlines.

guess what, that family has rules and regs that you can't just give away a seat they paid for to someone else.  the airline agreed to those when they took their money.  tough luck for the airline, but they should have checked.  fairly standard actually, so really pretty dumb of them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »

Did the family leave the terminal and then try and re-enter? Cause if they did then I can see why there was an issue.

kid left the flight and wanted to let his lil bro in instead

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2017, 12:04:47 PM »
No, the kid bought a ticket to a different game and gave the old one to his bro.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »
Guys, I just don't have the energy to get worked up about every person who has a bad experience flying.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2017, 12:20:02 PM »
An apt Royals comparison would be: family buys 3 tickets for Saturday night with the intention of having the young kid sit on Dad's lap. Older kid's friends are going Friday night so Dad says "sure, go with your friends" and buys a ticket to Friday's game for the older kid. Dad decides to keep the 3 tickets for Saturday so the young kid can have his own seat.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
How did anyone know? Kids aren't required to have IDs. Was the older kid an adult? Or did the parents just eff up by not keeping their mouths shut and trying to explain why the baby's name doesn't match the name on the ticket?

The older "kid" is an 18 year old adult.

Lesson for those in a similar situation in the future: When you arrive at the gate and they wonder why your ticket for an infant says that it's for an 18 year-old, tell them that you purchased the ticket online and thought you were specifying 18 months.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2017, 12:47:52 PM »
How did anyone know? Kids aren't required to have IDs. Was the older kid an adult? Or did the parents just eff up by not keeping their mouths shut and trying to explain why the baby's name doesn't match the name on the ticket?

Lesson for those in a similar situation in the future: When you arrive at the gate and they wonder why your ticket for an infant says that it's for an 18 year-old, tell them that you purchased the ticket online and thought you were specifying 18 months.

According to the dad, Delta knew they were planning to use the seat for the younger kid when they boarded the flight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2017, 12:52:35 PM »

then crank up your iPhone and tape it all...

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2017, 12:56:54 PM »

According to the dad, Delta knew they were planning to use the seat for the younger kid when they boarded the flight.

The lesson is that Delta knew too much if they knew that the ticket was not purchased for the infant. This is a purely practical lesson. No judgement about right or wrong.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2017, 01:26:53 PM »

This would be the key detail in my mind.  I cannot fault an airline that re-sells a paid-for seat if the seat-holder does not show up (which I think is what must have happened as far as Delta is concerned).  I'm sure anyone who has flown frequently enough has benefited from this policy.  However, if they were told in advance that the paid for seat was being used by the person paying for it, then it's either a case of incompetence or pure greed on Delta's part.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2017, 02:56:55 PM »
Airline travel makes a lot of people rage. Not me, but like dumbasses.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/attorneys-giant-rabbit-may-have-died-while-locked-in-freezer-after-united-flight/ar-BBAT87t
Now they are killing pet rabbits.  What if it would have been Rover or a kittytrump?