Author Topic: Electric mower  (Read 7009 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Electric mower
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2017, 10:24:00 AM »
Seems like a perfect situation for it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2017, 10:29:15 AM »
Eliminate the mower altogether.

My man!
:lol: The maintenance on that would be unbearable.

Yeah, that would take about 4-5 hours of work every week from spring to fall.

Pre-emergent + drip irrigation.  Sit back and watch your neighbor chumps mow their lawns.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »
mowing the lawn looks a million times easier.  i can hardly even get two miller lite pounders down before it's time to go inside

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2017, 11:24:07 AM »
Yeah. I have some landscaping and it is a pain in the ass. I couldn't imagine replacing my whole lawn with that.

The Big Train

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2017, 11:26:33 AM »
Just put in rock and call it a day

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
Just put in rock and call it a day

My man!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2017, 12:35:44 PM »
Have the gooches considered turf?

This is the way to go.

Turf is probably good for being low maintenance (and I hear it's good for mosquitoes too), but it's going to look pretty rough ridin' stupid when it's bright green in the winter.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2017, 12:41:08 PM »
it's going to look pretty rough ridin' stupid when it's bright green in the winter.

Nope.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »
It's really not that difficult.  But if you insist on having grass, go with something like buffalo grass.  Very hardy and requires little mowing/maintenance.

With UC Verde Buffalograss you can mow your lawn every 3-4 weeks for a manicured look or not at all with a maximum height of 6?

http://ucverdebuffalograss.com/

The Big Train

Electric mower
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »
Looks like someone works for big buffalo grass

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2017, 02:32:08 PM »
 :peek:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2017, 03:14:26 PM »
Gooch I have the Greenworks 19" 40V battery powered mower and the 40V weed eater.  My yard is only about 2500 sq feet.  I have 2 batteries but one will mow the yard and weedeater.  Takes about 40 minutes for all.  I've used them for 2 years and they are great. I get the blade sharpened twice a year. Works like a champ, light, fairly quiet.  No issues.  I also have the leaf blower, trimmer, and chain saw.  Happy with all of them. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2017, 03:32:49 PM »
Gooch I have the Greenworks 19" 40V battery powered mower and the 40V weed eater.  My yard is only about 2500 sq feet.  I have 2 batteries but one will mow the yard and weedeater.  Takes about 40 minutes for all.  I've used them for 2 years and they are great. I get the blade sharpened twice a year. Works like a champ, light, fairly quiet.  No issues.  I also have the leaf blower, trimmer, and chain saw.  Happy with all of them. 
sold!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2017, 07:55:58 PM »
Well we definitely aren't going to have any of the play equipment pictured there.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2017, 11:40:20 PM »
"sexual torture devices"

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2017, 05:55:44 AM »
I used to use a reel mower when I had a smaller lawn and I loved it. Mowing was a quiet and peaceful thing to do like going for a walk. Since I didn't make noise I could mow at 7 am in July when it was cool out instead of the evening when it was still 100 degrees.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »
It's really not that difficult.  But if you insist on having grass, go with something like buffalo grass.  Very hardy and requires little mowing/maintenance.

With UC Verde Buffalograss you can mow your lawn every 3-4 weeks for a manicured look or not at all with a maximum height of 6?

http://ucverdebuffalograss.com/

Isn't that stuff like $6 a pound?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2017, 08:50:51 PM »
Unless you live on acres of land without a well to irrigate, why would you go with buffalo grass? It doesn't break dormancy until late sprig and goes dormant in early fall - you want a brown yard 6 months of the year?

Kentucky Bluegrass is the the most beautiful choice if you can afford to irrigate it. If not, make do with the Kansas tall fescue blend.

I put down heavy nitrogen late last fall and it is paying dividends this spring. Lawn was already quite green this week and it's going to be lush after these t-storms. God bless thunder storms - free nitrogen!

Oh and back on topic - I'm hoping to go electric when I replace my mower in a couple years. Mainly it's the noise I could do without. The techs not quite there for a yard of my size yet.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2017, 08:27:19 AM »
He said why, slow and low

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2017, 08:43:34 AM »
Unless you live on acres of land without a well to irrigate, why would you go with buffalo grass? It doesn't break dormancy until late sprig and goes dormant in early fall - you want a brown yard 6 months of the year?

Kentucky Bluegrass is the the most beautiful choice if you can afford to irrigate it. If not, make do with the Kansas tall fescue blend.

I put down heavy nitrogen late last fall and it is paying dividends this spring. Lawn was already quite green this week and it's going to be lush after these t-storms. God bless thunder storms - free nitrogen!

Oh and back on topic - I'm hoping to go electric when I replace my mower in a couple years. Mainly it's the noise I could do without. The techs not quite there for a yard of my size yet.

No fertilizer, you can spray roundup on it in the spring for weed control, only have to mow about 10 times per year to look nice, needs very little irrigation to stay green. It makes a lot of sense in an arid climate. I wouldn't recommend it in eastern Kansas, though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:47:57 AM by Rage Against the McKee »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2017, 09:27:04 AM »
Take the buffalo talk to the hayseed thread.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
 :users:

“I looked like a genius,” Oblak said. The buffalo-grass mix “was awesome in the drought. Even with my flower garden, my water bill was never over a hundred bucks. I had to water the fescue and the flowers. We did water the buffalo a little bit ... When it started to dry out we’d water, and it would turn green again for a couple weeks. It looked gorgeous to the end.”

“It doesn’t grow as fast as fescue,” Oblak said. Even with the rainy weather, her husband mowed the buffalo only every other week.

http://www.kansas.com/living/home-garden/article1122607.html

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »
:users:

“I looked like a genius,” Oblak said. The buffalo-grass mix “was awesome in the drought. Even with my flower garden, my water bill was never over a hundred bucks. I had to water the fescue and the flowers. We did water the buffalo a little bit ... When it started to dry out we’d water, and it would turn green again for a couple weeks. It looked gorgeous to the end.”

“It doesn’t grow as fast as fescue,” Oblak said. Even with the rainy weather, her husband mowed the buffalo only every other week.

http://www.kansas.com/living/home-garden/article1122607.html

Buffalo is a bitch to get started and takes foreverrrrrrr to get established.
@mikec2w