Author Topic: Kids  (Read 285761 times)

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #2975 on: April 08, 2022, 10:32:22 AM »
Anyone with girls have any tricks to brushing their hair? Anyone have an electric heated drying brush? I have no idea how my girls get their hair so knotted & it’s world war 9 in my house for 30 minutes every night.
they make a detangler spray it works wonders.
If your girls have naturally curly hair there special hair care techniques that you need to learn.  We went through it with my daughter and it made a huge difference.  Went from horrible frizzy rat nests every night to a 10-15 minute routine with no crying or clumps of hair being ripped out.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: April 08, 2022, 10:34:34 AM »
I also have dealt with my daughters hair like 3 times.. Wife can do all these crazy braids and what not so I get to not deal with that.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: April 14, 2022, 11:48:08 AM »
Daycare has been a bitch to our son.  We recently moved and put our 21 month old son in daycare for the first time.  Within 2 days he got hand, foot, and mouth, which caused a double ear infection.  He was put on amoxicillin which cleared one ear infection but not the other, so they gave him another cycle of augmentin.  And after 5 days of that his whole body is now covered in hives, which they are saying he is now allergic to penicillin, and the ear infection isn't 100% resolved.  We knew that he would be getting sick since he had been staying at home most of his life, but didn't expect it to be this bad.  He has been in daycare for a total of a month now and hasn't been healthy for any part of it.  Anyone have similar daycare experiences, and will our son ever be healthy again??

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: April 14, 2022, 11:52:27 AM »
You’re in for a full year of both your kid as well as you and your spouse being sick AF. But, you are basically super human once you come out the other side.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: April 14, 2022, 11:53:43 AM »
You’re in for a full year of both your kid as well as you and your spouse being sick AF. But, you are basically super human once you come out the other side.

Oof, well, looking forward to the super human part!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: April 14, 2022, 11:58:05 AM »
Just watch out for seizures with all of this crap. Scariest crap as a parent. lil wacky gets them when he has a fever.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: April 14, 2022, 12:51:32 PM »

Yep, mine went in right away and for the first year, everyone in my family had at least something. Cold, stuffy nose, etc. After about a year, all that crap will just bounce right off of you. Hang in there.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: April 14, 2022, 12:59:48 PM »
Just watch out for seizures with all of this crap. Scariest crap as a parent. lil wacky gets them when he has a fever.

Yikes, that sounds awful.  Last week he woke up with a 104.5 temp.  I was freaking out since my wife was already at work.  She is a pediatric nurse, so she talked me off a ledge.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 14, 2022, 01:00:34 PM »

Yep, mine went in right away and for the first year, everyone in my family had at least something. Cold, stuffy nose, etc. After about a year, all that crap will just bounce right off of you. Hang in there.

:thumbs:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: April 14, 2022, 01:10:53 PM »

Yikes, that sounds awful.  Last week he woke up with a 104.5 temp.  I was freaking out since my wife was already at work.  She is a pediatric nurse, so she talked me off a ledge.
That has to be awesome to have! Would of saved us some trips to the emergency room.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: April 14, 2022, 01:13:24 PM »

That has to be awesome to have! Would of saved us some trips to the emergency room.

There there are pros and cons, mostly pros.  But if I even try to offer any medical knowledge, I immediately get shut down, ha!  Learned that very quickly.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: April 14, 2022, 01:35:36 PM »
lol. I know the feeling.  :cheers:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: April 14, 2022, 02:14:11 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: April 15, 2022, 09:58:06 AM »
https://www.ksnt.com/capitol-bureau/lifetime-hunting-and-fishing-licenses-now-offered-to-children-in-kansas/
Was either here or the killing animals thread

several of my family members have had these forever. don't think this is a new thing.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: April 15, 2022, 10:04:54 AM »
https://www.ksnt.com/capitol-bureau/lifetime-hunting-and-fishing-licenses-now-offered-to-children-in-kansas/

several of my family members have had these forever. don't think this is a new thing.
this is true, it's also like $1k compared to $300 for kiddos.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: April 15, 2022, 10:07:09 AM »

this is true, it's also like $1k compared to $300 for kiddos.

oh, sweet. didn't realize the change was making it cheap AF. good move there.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 15, 2022, 12:06:15 PM »

Oof, well, looking forward to the super human part!
Can confirm.  Hand, foot, and mouth is like the welcome to daycare care package.  Both of my boys got it within the first month of starting daycare.  I learned with my second child to keep an eye on when the other kids birthdays are, because when they get the rotavirus vaccine expect all hell to break loose and keep hazmat suits available.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: April 15, 2022, 03:51:32 PM »
The rent a movie theater for kids bday is the best invention ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: April 15, 2022, 07:10:26 PM »

Covid had shitloads of incred stuff come out of it. Me and lil sd rented kong v godzilla during his spring break last year

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 15, 2022, 07:52:50 PM »

Covid had shitloads of incred stuff come out of it. Me and lil sd rented kong v godzilla during his spring break last year
Oh yeah

Bday party? Grab a couple refillable popcorns, bring some Costco mixed candy etc. let the kids go nuts during a movie. Leave.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 15, 2022, 08:01:06 PM »
No, just he and I. Ruled.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: April 16, 2022, 09:11:19 AM »
No, just he and I. Ruled.
I remember seeing the cost of doing this when theaters were desperate and seriously considered it just to do it.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 16, 2022, 07:39:58 PM »
The Lowe’s monthly kids project is pretty cool. The girls made small planter boxes with one side clear plastic to see the roots. They give the kids aprons & they get a. iron on patches with each project.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 16, 2022, 11:48:12 PM »
Home Depot has the monthly projects also.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: May 11, 2022, 09:30:52 AM »
@steve dave or any other sports/baseball parent. Lil SF is scuffling quite a bit at his first year of kid pitch. I knew the transition from machine could be hard, but he is struggling way more than I anticipated. He mashed the machine and has a decent swing that we are working on. I think part of it is the new team and him not being one of the best players anymore, but man its hard to watch him struggle. He's a good overall athlete so i'm hoping that he will break through soon or its going to be a long season. Any tips or advice? Is he going to break out of it or should we just quit baseball?

TIA