Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159902 times)

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #725 on: November 28, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »
Jimmy Sexton isn't influencing reporting, that's completely insulting to actual real life journalists.

if you don't think that fact that jimmy sexton is also the agent for journalists like pete thamel etc and that influences what he and others who share sexton as an agent write, then I'm not sure what to say. of course it influences what they write. that should just be accepted as fact by everyone and then we move on.

I don't know if Jimmy Sexton represents any of these cfb journos or not, I'm sure he has some of the ex-players. Jimmy Sexton may very well be sending people out to do whatever, but they aren't making up facts, and there are certainly plenty of reporters who aren't tied to Sexton retelling what everyone should have known with regard to Schiano and Penn State.

I mean in a way you do know, because I just told you. his agency represents thamel, herbstreit and other people who came out pretty strong in favor of schiano. if you want to believe that they would have come out just as strong regardless, then knock yourself out. I won't.

Great, I will. I know what my reaction was and Jimmy Sexton isn't calling me. I would think having a strong reaction to an innocent person being called a pedophile enabler publicly is a human reaction, maybe not for everyone though. :dunno: 48 hours ago I definitely wouldn't have thought that you'd have to hold an agenda to show sympathy.

I didn’t hear anybody call him a pedophile.

Also, what makes you so sure that he is “innocent”?

Reading really isnt the general public's strong suit. At risk of coming off as defending MIR, which I'd never do  :), I'd challenge folks to do their research on Schiano before making such claims.
Schiano might be an a-hole (asking defense to hit QBs Manning in victory formation, leaking drug test results of players) but the whole connection with Schiano to the PSU stuff is stupid and extremely thin.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:45:31 PM by ksuchris2000 »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 28, 2017, 06:05:33 PM »
I read the Washington Post article and it certainly isn't a good look for Schiano. I mean it's definitely his word against McQueary but given how many people knew about Sandusky and did nothing, it wouldn't be shocking for Schiano as a young subordinate to Sandusky to see something and also do nothing.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:39:43 PM by michigancat »

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 28, 2017, 06:22:54 PM »
I read the Washington Post article and it certainly isn't a good look for Schiano. I mean it's definitely his work against McQueary but given how many people knew about Sandusky and did nothing, it wouldn't be shocking for Schiano as a young subordinate to Sandusky to see something and also do nothing.

I tend to agree.  Much like Baylor, that program had a warped culture.  I tend to think that the stank and weirdness probably rubbed off on most people who spent serious time there.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 28, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »
Someone on the opposite side of the arena at the Blackhawks  - Predators game has a fire Currie sign... Will try for a pic
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 28, 2017, 07:35:01 PM »

rough rider won't hold it up long enough

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 28, 2017, 07:36:38 PM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 28, 2017, 07:42:31 PM »
God bless them

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #732 on: November 28, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »
LOL. Poor JC.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 28, 2017, 07:47:18 PM »
Does someone here own firecurrie.com or some comparison of it? Now is the time to sell it!

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 28, 2017, 07:52:56 PM »
I read the Washington Post article and it certainly isn't a good look for Schiano. I mean it's definitely his word against McQueary but given how many people knew about Sandusky and did nothing, it wouldn't be shocking for Schiano as a young subordinate to Sandusky to see something and also do nothing.

Well you need to read it closer, It's not McQueary's word against Schiano's. McQueary said that Tom Bradley said that Schiano told Bradley that he saw Sandusky in the shower with a kid. That means no person in that conversion had first hand knowledge of anything that Schiano saw or didn't see. If Schiano said, "that's not what I said." McQueary can't say "Yes you did" because he has no rough ridin' clue as to what Schiano said. As a matter of fact the two never had a conversation about Sandusky. I'm not sure it's on the record that they've had a conversation about anything, ever.

Let's play this game. Dlew told me that pissclams told him that Rusty saw Ell Roberson rape a girl in Scottsdale Arizona but didn't do anything about it. It would be rough ridin' ridiculous to stick you with the tag of rape enabler simply based on that.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 28, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »
Sounds like Rusty, he wasn't nice to people in Tampa, so I believe all of that

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 28, 2017, 08:02:26 PM »

Well you need to read it closer, It's not McQueary's word against Schiano's. McQueary said that Tom Bradley said that Schiano told Bradley that he saw Sandusky in the shower with a kid. That means no person in that conversion had first hand knowledge of anything that Schiano saw or didn't see. If Schiano said, "that's not what I said." McQueary can't say "Yes you did" because he has no rough ridin' clue as to what Schiano said. As a matter of fact the two never had a conversation about Sandusky. I'm not sure it's on the record that they've had a conversation about anything, ever.

Let's play this game. Dlew told me that pissclams told him that Rusty saw Ell Roberson rape a girl in Scottsdale Arizona but didn't do anything about it. It would be rough ridin' ridiculous to stick you with the tag of rape enabler simply based on that.

Yeah I guess I do need to read it more closely

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 28, 2017, 08:05:07 PM »

Although it is strange that Schiano was never mentioned/interviewed in the Freh report given this anecdote.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 28, 2017, 08:10:46 PM »

Although it is strange that Schiano was never mentioned/interviewed in the Freh report given this anecdote.

Because McQueary only mentioned this in an affidavit in his lawsuit against Penn State. I read that's the only time Schiano was ever mentioned on the record in the entire scandal.

It's also worth noting that McQueary accused Schiano, third hand, not under oath, of exactly what McQueary was accused of and he did it trying to get money. It's the the thinnest of thin.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 28, 2017, 09:18:07 PM »
Quote from: past FattyFest performer and current gE source on the ground
Currie might have to start offering to suck somebody's dick to come coach now.

Offline Maccat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 28, 2017, 10:20:49 PM »
 Poor JC is like a drunk monkey with a hand grenade.  No wants to be near him.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 28, 2017, 10:43:31 PM »
I feel bad for big orange though.  Nobody’s going to take the job apparently.  Not even Vladimir Putin would accept the job.....

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 28, 2017, 10:46:52 PM »

Predator fans want to fire the guy who almost hired a Predator Enabler. 

Or something like that.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 28, 2017, 11:09:45 PM »
SPC, it sounds like our guy Currie might need a purple hug. And a job.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 28, 2017, 11:16:16 PM »

Just keep him far away from Manhattan.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 28, 2017, 11:26:25 PM »
Does someone here own firecurrie.com or some comparison of it? Now is the time to sell it!

Checked firecurrie.com and firejohncurrie.com - neither is available

but fire-john-currie.com is...  surprised the owner hasn't utilized either yet.  Or did JC buy it himself...

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 28, 2017, 11:34:02 PM »

I won't promise any miracles but I can try.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #748 on: November 29, 2017, 04:25:30 AM »
KSU v Vandy is getting more and more tempting. Could be some good trolling Saturday night in Nashville. :)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 29, 2017, 08:16:25 AM »

Checked firecurrie.com and firejohncurrie.com - neither is available

but fire-john-currie.com is...  surprised the owner hasn't utilized either yet.  Or did JC buy it himself...

:D