Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159978 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #700 on: November 28, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »
If OSU is 2nd tier in the Big 12 then first tier consists only of OU. Gundy has a great job. I only see him jumping to Tennessee if he is thinking about retiring and wants to fleece those guys with a ridiculously big contract with a stupidly large guaranteed portion. Then he can just coast.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 28, 2017, 12:16:16 PM »
So are we hoping Currdogg gets fired? I kinda am. (Never forget.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 28, 2017, 12:17:35 PM »
now i think it would be more funny if he doesn't get fired, no one likes him there anymore

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 28, 2017, 12:20:38 PM »
If OSU is 2nd tier in the Big 12 then first tier consists only of OU. Gundy has a great job. I only see him jumping to Tennessee if he is thinking about retiring and wants to fleece those guys with a ridiculously big contract with a stupidly large guaranteed portion. Then he can just coast.
OU and Texas

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 28, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

i would never hope/wish for someone to lose their job

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 28, 2017, 12:45:09 PM »

Oscar
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 28, 2017, 12:48:02 PM »
SB were you rooting for Frank to lose his job up until last year? I wasn't, but he was getting close. Beta move. That fanbase seems like a bunch of wankers now.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: November 28, 2017, 12:49:11 PM »
 :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 28, 2017, 12:49:52 PM »

Oscar

i just don't want him to be our coach anymore.  it's different.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 28, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »

Oscar

i just don't want him to be our coach anymore.  it's different.

:Carl:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 28, 2017, 12:59:01 PM »
I hope Currie stays and hires Kiffin, and then fans give themselves a big pat on the back and Kiffin does exactly what he did last time.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 28, 2017, 01:00:19 PM »
Yes. Give them what they want and then watch them go apeshit. I'd love to see how this Gottlieb project finally turns out.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 28, 2017, 01:01:27 PM »
It's hard to tell. He's saying that Jimmy Haslam made him offer Schiano. A bold move Cotton since Jimmy is the one who runs things (for now).

Coincidently, Jimmy Haslam was personally implicated in court today with regard to the Pilot Oil scandal (stealing money from companies buying gas from them).

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 28, 2017, 01:22:07 PM »
It's hard to tell. He's saying that Jimmy Haslam made him offer Schiano. A bold move Cotton since Jimmy is the one who runs things (for now).

Coincidently, Jimmy Haslam was personally implicated in court today with regard to the Pilot Oil scandal (stealing money from companies buying gas from them).

Mike Holder and T Boone Pickens will be a walk in the park compared to Currie and the buffoon Haslam.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 28, 2017, 01:40:46 PM »
Jimmy Sexton isn't influencing reporting, that's completely insulting to actual real life journalists.

if you don't think that fact that jimmy sexton is also the agent for journalists like pete thamel etc and that influences what he and others who share sexton as an agent write, then I'm not sure what to say. of course it influences what they write. that should just be accepted as fact by everyone and then we move on.

I don't know if Jimmy Sexton represents any of these cfb journos or not, I'm sure he has some of the ex-players. Jimmy Sexton may very well be sending people out to do whatever, but they aren't making up facts, and there are certainly plenty of reporters who aren't tied to Sexton retelling what everyone should have known with regard to Schiano and Penn State.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 28, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »

Texas and OU is first tier.  Everyone else (except KU) is 2nd.  KU is 9th.   :D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 28, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »

Yeah, they're second tier, the third tier comprises KU and Baylor. There are six schools in the conference that comprises the middle class.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 28, 2017, 01:47:09 PM »

This would not surprise me, now that I think about it after that went down.  I was thinking to myself "Why in the world would he hire Schiano after the PSU stuff and his history in the NFL?"  It just doesn't make sense.

Case in point, we all know that Currie ran a very active compliance department when he was here, and he would had his staff find stuff, real or imagined.  Think of the receipt thing that got one of our players suspended.  There's also some others that I'm just forgetting at the moment.

I also have to believe that he was worried about Frank Martin might do something stupid in terms of compliance (along with that I'm sure he just hates him) so tried to find ways to get rid of him.  And he hired oscar Weber, who has no history of being involved in any kind of scandals or afoul with the NCAA.

Now he decides to get Schiano?  Something just doesn't add up right, and it has to be someone who is very powerful.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 28, 2017, 03:14:57 PM »
Jimmy Sexton isn't influencing reporting, that's completely insulting to actual real life journalists.

if you don't think that fact that jimmy sexton is also the agent for journalists like pete thamel etc and that influences what he and others who share sexton as an agent write, then I'm not sure what to say. of course it influences what they write. that should just be accepted as fact by everyone and then we move on.

I don't know if Jimmy Sexton represents any of these cfb journos or not, I'm sure he has some of the ex-players. Jimmy Sexton may very well be sending people out to do whatever, but they aren't making up facts, and there are certainly plenty of reporters who aren't tied to Sexton retelling what everyone should have known with regard to Schiano and Penn State.

I mean in a way you do know, because I just told you. his agency represents thamel, herbstreit and other people who came out pretty strong in favor of schiano. if you want to believe that they would have come out just as strong regardless, then knock yourself out. I won't.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 28, 2017, 03:33:19 PM »
I think plenty of journalists in the business of breaking coaching hiring/firing news would stand to gain something by not pissing of the most powerful agent in college football coaching regardless of whether he represented them or not. But yeah, when he represents them it makes it even more obvious.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 28, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
i just think it's a bad look to use whatever ties schiano has to sandusky as a pretext for hating him because they think he's a bad football coach.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 28, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
On to Gundy:

Only way he would probably take it if he is either:

1) Getting tired of Boone Pickens, regardless of the Currie situation

or

2) Currie is getting fired
Doubling his salary may play a factor as well.

If I am hearing this correctly, $8.4 million dollars is being floated around for Gundy...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 28, 2017, 04:24:24 PM »
If they get Gundy, Clay Travis is gonna be insufferable to media types and it's gonna be great theater. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 28, 2017, 04:41:05 PM »

I mean in a way you do know, because I just told you. his agency represents thamel, herbstreit and other people who came out pretty strong in favor of schiano. if you want to believe that they would have come out just as strong regardless, then knock yourself out. I won't.

Great, I will. I know what my reaction was and Jimmy Sexton isn't calling me. I would think having a strong reaction to an innocent person being called a pedophile enabler publicly is a human reaction, maybe not for everyone though. :dunno: 48 hours ago I definitely wouldn't have thought that you'd have to hold an agenda to show sympathy.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 28, 2017, 05:23:44 PM »

Great, I will. I know what my reaction was and Jimmy Sexton isn't calling me. I would think having a strong reaction to an innocent person being called a pedophile enabler publicly is a human reaction, maybe not for everyone though. :dunno: 48 hours ago I definitely wouldn't have thought that you'd have to hold an agenda to show sympathy.

I didn’t hear anybody call him a pedophile.

Also, what makes you so sure that he is “innocent”?