Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159944 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #525 on: November 26, 2017, 09:01:26 PM »
Great day in Big Orange Country! John Currie will not be the AD at the end of the week imo. That will also be great!

after what your fanbase did to he and schiano, i’m sure it will be quite easy to fill both positions
good luck with that

Yes at least we stood by quietly while he ruined our basketball program and would have ruined our football program (given the chance).  Just bend over and bite the pillow like we did UT fans!

except that’s not the point

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 26, 2017, 09:03:29 PM »
I’m Lol’ing, but I’ve never heard a peep about Schiano and Sandusky, and now several reporters are saying there was never really anything to it.

Lol’ing at Currie, hate to see someone who may have done nothing wrong get skewered on social media.

The problem is, while there may never really anything into it, it was testified, under oath that he knew of the situation and didn't do anything.

Okay, hadn’t seen or heard that.

Here you go Dax.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.310aad4d7a04

I sure in the eff hope you don't think this
“No,” McQueary replied, according to the documents, “only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

justifies the bullshit the Tennessee fans are doing or worth ruining the careers of Currie and Schiano.

The DA didn't deem it necessary to get Bradley or Schiano on record, under oath. These people are labeling this guy an enabler to a pedophile all because they didn't want him as a football coach. It's rough ridin' gross, Salem witch and McCarthyism type stuff, people should be outraged but everyone is cool with this because it's funny on twitter.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 26, 2017, 09:04:01 PM »
This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy than John C Currie
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 26, 2017, 09:10:55 PM »
I’m Lol’ing, but I’ve never heard a peep about Schiano and Sandusky, and now several reporters are saying there was never really anything to it.

Lol’ing at Currie, hate to see someone who may have done nothing wrong get skewered on social media.

The problem is, while there may never really anything into it, it was testified, under oath that he knew of the situation and didn't do anything.

Here you go Dax.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.310aad4d7a04

“No,” McQueary replied, according to the documents, “only that he had — I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning — but that Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower. And that’s it. That’s all he ever told me.”

justifies the bullshit the Tennessee fans are doing or worth ruining the careers of Currie and Schiano.

The DA didn't deem it necessary to get Bradley or Schiano on record, under oath. These people are labeling this guy an enabler to a pedophile all because they didn't want him as a football coach. It's rough ridin' gross, Salem witch and McCarthyism type stuff, people should be outraged but everyone is cool with this because it's funny on twitter.

The problem is, Schiano just submitted a PR move, denied it, and moved on.  If he really felt like he was being defamed, then he should have gone after Mike McQueary.

He didn't.

And this was a bad judgement by Currie.  I would bet you that if said coach was NOT allegedly linked to this scandal, this would have been moot.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 26, 2017, 09:11:32 PM »
Yeah, I'm no Schiano fan but the guy is getting the worst of this whole ordeal for no reason other than he answered Curries call.

https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/934965508872507392

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 26, 2017, 09:12:25 PM »

Here you go Dax.

The problem is, Schiano just submitted a PR move, denied it, and moved on.  If he really felt like he was being defamed, then he should have gone after Mike McQueary.

He didn't.

Sometimes that’s the best move if you truly did nothing wrong.  Why belabor a chowder keg?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 26, 2017, 09:14:00 PM »
He's been ranked one time at the end of a college football season in his life. He wasn't eligible for the job, but there's a reason why ppl hate him and he's been out of work.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:19:10 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 26, 2017, 09:15:19 PM »
Also, schiano wasn't even close to .500 in the big east while he was at Rutgers. You can't hire that guy if you are the UT AD and Currie is a rough ridin' idiot for not knowing that. this went about as well as anyone could've predicted.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 26, 2017, 09:15:30 PM »
Great day in Big Orange Country! John Currie will not be the AD at the end of the week imo. That will also be great!

after what your fanbase did to he and schiano, i’m sure it will be quite easy to fill both positions
good luck with that

Yes at least we stood by quietly while he ruined our basketball program and would have ruined our football program (given the chance).  Just bend over and bite the pillow like we did UT fans!

Ruined our basketball program is amazingly dramatic at best, a outright lie at worst. We have a squeaky voiced dork for a basketball coach, any other issues?

We don't have Frank    :dunno:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 26, 2017, 09:16:18 PM »
Well, the one thing that we can all agree on here is that John Currie is probably mumped, regardless of any of our thoughts on whether this is ethically right or wrong.  He's probably mumped.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 26, 2017, 09:20:26 PM »
Well, the one thing that we can all agree on here is that John Currie is probably mumped, regardless of any of our thoughts on whether this is ethically right or wrong.  He's probably definitely mumped.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 26, 2017, 09:21:16 PM »

Here you go Dax.

He didn't.

Sometimes that’s the best move if you truly did nothing wrong.  Why belabor a chowder keg?

If you were not having any aspirations of being a HC in a P5 school, I would agree with you on that.  However, it was just poor judgement decisions all around.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 26, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »
*whistles*

https://twitter.com/knoxvillerace/status/934980170829783040
I'm extremely jealous of Tennessee. Our fans and administration were cowards, relatively

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: November 26, 2017, 09:22:28 PM »
*whistles*

https://twitter.com/knoxvillerace/status/934980170829783040

Amazing.  Laird Vetch wouldn't have had the guts to do that, would he?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 26, 2017, 09:26:18 PM »

Here you go Dax.

He didn't.

And this was a bad judgement by Currie.  I would bet you that if said coach was NOT allegedly linked to this scandal, this would have been moot.

Gone after McQueary for what? Retelling a story that was supposedly told to him? What exactly does going after him look like?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 26, 2017, 09:27:55 PM »
I wonder if John knows how mumped he is? 

Obviously his colleagues were not fans of his, and weren't at KSU.

I wonder if he has any understanding at all of what his part in this was?  I see him as someone who is exceptionally dishonest with himself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 26, 2017, 09:28:12 PM »
Well, the one thing that we can all agree on here is that John Currie is probably mumped, regardless of any of our thoughts on whether this is ethically right or wrong.  He's probably mumped.

Ethically, big-picture, it's right.  Karma or something.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 26, 2017, 09:30:32 PM »
He's been ranked one time at the end of a college football season in his life. He wasn't eligible for the job, but there's a reason why ppl hate him and he's been out of work.

Also, schiano wasn't even close to .500 in the big east while he was at Rutgers. You can't hire that guy if you are the UT AD and Currie is a rough ridin' idiot for not knowing that. this went about as well as anyone could've predicted.

This is all truth. I tried to justify Schiano for football reasons last year and earlier today, I was dead wrong for that and Currie should have done better.

The enabler stuff is bullshit.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 26, 2017, 09:31:54 PM »
I wonder if John knows how mumped he is? 

Obviously his colleagues were not fans of his, and weren't at KSU.

I wonder if he has any understanding at all of what his part in this was?  I see him as someone who is exceptionally dishonest with himself.

His brain should be analyzed after death similar to what's done with football players suspected of having CTE.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 26, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »
I agree

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 26, 2017, 09:36:16 PM »
This is nothing short of amazing.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 26, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
Looks like college football media outside of Tennessee are dragging Clay and Tennessee fans. This is best possible result here, treat them like the lepers they are, rough ridin' creeps.