Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159927 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #475 on: November 26, 2017, 07:42:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/934952930926628864

Tennessee has backed out of a memorandum of understanding with Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano to be the Volunteers' next football coach, sources told ESPN's Chris Low.

The memorandum of understanding was signed by both parties Sunday in Columbus, Ohio, and the school had planned to introduce Schiano at a news conference Sunday night.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21579125/tennessee-volunteers-no-longer-hire-greg-schiano-head-coach

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 26, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
Great day in Big Orange Country! John Currie will not be the AD at the end of the week imo. That will also be great!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 26, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »
Congratulations of finally getting your dream job John.  I'm sure it was a year full of memories  :cheers:

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 26, 2017, 07:46:30 PM »
This is so great....

It's like watching the Hindenburg and the Titanic disasters unfolding at the same time, but I just can't stop watching.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 26, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »
Great day in Big Orange Country! John Currie will not be the AD at the end of the week imo. That will also be great!

after what your fanbase did to he and schiano, i’m sure it will be quite easy to fill both positions
good luck with that

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 26, 2017, 07:47:46 PM »
Finebaum is shitting all over Currie on ESPN right now.

Dear god, is there a recording?

Try this one.  It catches most of it.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21579375

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 26, 2017, 07:49:31 PM »
Maybe Tennessee should just get rid of the AD position and make all AD decisions based on Twitter polls.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 26, 2017, 07:53:59 PM »

after what your fanbase did to he and schiano, i’m sure it will be quite easy to fill both positions
good luck with that

Yes at least we stood by quietly while he ruined our basketball program and would have ruined our football program (given the chance).  Just bend over and bite the pillow like we did UT fans!

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 26, 2017, 07:58:23 PM »
I’ve now moved the UT job from the 8th best to the 14th ranked job in the SEC. What a joke they are.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 26, 2017, 08:04:07 PM »
What we will never know for sure, is whether Schiano was Currie's pick for KSU as well.  AD's have a "short list," right?  Would this have been who we would have gotten if Snyder had stepped down before Currie departed? 

There is no way in hell the KSU community would have mustered the outrage that the UT community gathered in such a short period of time.  KSU fans would have definitely just taken it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 26, 2017, 08:06:59 PM »
I’m Lol’ing, but I’ve never heard a peep about Schiano and Sandusky, and now several reporters are saying there was never really anything to it.

Lol’ing at Currie, hate to see someone who may have done nothing wrong get skewered on social media.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 26, 2017, 08:07:53 PM »
What we will never know for sure, is whether Schiano was Currie's pick for KSU as well.  AD's have a "short list," right?  Would this have been who we would have gotten if Snyder had stepped down before Currie departed? 

There is no way in hell the KSU community would have mustered the outrage that the UT community gathered in such a short period of time.  KSU fans would have definitely just taken it.

You're probably right, however, I would be less than pleased because of his questionable checkered past with the Penn State stuff and the Tampa stuff as well, and I would be doing whatever I could to convince others that this is just a bad hire all around.

It's funny, other than him, is there any other coaches that is allegedly linked to the PSU stuff, that is actively coaching at the moment?

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 26, 2017, 08:08:14 PM »

I'm assuming you mean for this to sound like a bad thing for KSU, but I'm really not too sure given that no one is jealous of Tennessee's fanbase right now.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 26, 2017, 08:08:16 PM »

good luck with that

Yes at least we stood by quietly while he ruined our basketball program and would have ruined our football program (given the chance).  Just bend over and bite the pillow like we did UT fans!
Can anyone confirm.were the big money donors at UT completely out if the loop on this?  Still trying to comprehend that a massive Twitter rant moved the needle on this hire?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 26, 2017, 08:09:29 PM »
I’m Lol’ing, but I’ve never heard a peep about Schiano and Sandusky, and now several reporters are saying there was never really anything to it.

Lol’ing at Currie, hate to see someone who may have done nothing wrong get skewered on social media.

The problem is, while there may never really anything into it, it was testified, under oath that he knew of the situation and didn't do anything.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 26, 2017, 08:09:41 PM »

Really?  C'mon.  He's getting skewered because Schiano is a incredibly shitty pick for a place like Tennessee...or anywhere that wants to win.  The Sandusky crap is just sanctimonious bullshit.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 26, 2017, 08:10:08 PM »

The problem is, while there may never really anything into it, it was testified, under oath that he knew of the situation and didn't do anything.

Okay, hadn’t seen or heard that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 26, 2017, 08:10:48 PM »

Really?  C'mon.  He's getting skewered because Schiano is a incredibly shitty pick for a place like Tennessee...or anywhere that wants to win.  The Sandusky crap is just sanctimonious bullshit.

Okay

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 26, 2017, 08:11:03 PM »

I'm assuming you mean for this to sound like a bad thing for KSU, but I'm really not too sure given that no one is jealous of Tennessee's fanbase right now.

I'm honestly neutral on it.  It's both good an bad.  Mostly though, we will take anything and like it.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 26, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »

Let me see if I can find it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 26, 2017, 08:13:18 PM »
Regardless of any of the "facts," this is likely to be remembered as one of the biggest eff ups in athletic administration history, right?  I mean, holy cow.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 26, 2017, 08:15:34 PM »

You're probably right, however, I would be less than pleased because of his questionable checkered past with the Penn State stuff and the Tampa stuff as well, and I would be doing whatever I could to convince others that this is just a bad hire all around.

It's funny, other than him, is there any other coaches that is allegedly linked to the PSU stuff, that is actively coaching at the moment?

Whether he did know or not, the guy seems like a massive dick that literally no one likes as a person. They just had that with Butch Jones. To me, the outrage somewhat makes sense. I’m still trying to understand why Tennessee tagged him of all people as the guy

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 26, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »

Let me see if I can find it.

This explains it pretty well.

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/934946704004173824