Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159996 times)

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #500 on: November 26, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
I’m Lol’ing, but I’ve never heard a peep about Schiano and Sandusky, and now several reporters are saying there was never really anything to it.

Lol’ing at Currie, hate to see someone who may have done nothing wrong get skewered on social media.

The problem is, while there may never really anything into it, it was testified, under oath that he knew of the situation and didn't do anything.

Okay, hadn’t seen or heard that.

Here you go Dax.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.310aad4d7a04

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 26, 2017, 08:19:34 PM »
What we will never know for sure, is whether Schiano was Currie's pick for KSU as well.  AD's have a "short list," right?  Would this have been who we would have gotten if Snyder had stepped down before Currie departed? 

There is no way in hell the KSU community would have mustered the outrage that the UT community gathered in such a short period of time.  KSU fans would have definitely just taken it.

You're probably right, however, I would be less than pleased because of his questionable checkered past with the Penn State stuff and the Tampa stuff as well, and I would be doing whatever I could to convince others that this is just a bad hire all around.

It's funny, other than him, is there any other coaches that is allegedly linked to the PSU stuff, that is actively coaching at the moment?

Whether he did know or not, the guy seems like a massive dick that literally no one likes as a person. They just had that with Butch Jones. To me, the outrage somewhat makes sense. I’m still trying to understand why Tennessee tagged him of all people as the guy

https://twitter.com/TJMoe28/status/934860201185959936

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 26, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »
Some on twitter are now talking about how there are beginnings of student grumblings at OSU about Schiano.  Poor bastard might be unemployable in college for a while, all because of how this UT thing went down.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 26, 2017, 08:28:18 PM »
I didn't know or had forgotten about any Sandusky ties, but had been under the impression he was unhireable as a head coach because of what players and peers thought of him, mostly from his NFL stint.  That made him a perfect fit to be somebody so desperate for a HC gig that he'd work for Currie.

The desired coaches (Kelly, Mullen, Frost, others?) wanted nothing to do with Currie.  Agree that the outrage over Sandusky things is cover for being mad they were shunned by anyone considered good.

So there was already all that.  And after today, every part of tennessee is going to be considered even more toxic by prospects. 

I love it.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 26, 2017, 08:29:36 PM »
Regardless of any of the "facts," this is likely to be remembered as one of the biggest eff ups in athletic administration history, right?  I mean, holy cow.

Yeah, I mean, it may be nothing, but if an individuals name is mentioned, under oath, in court, that should be a major red flag.  And really, how can they settle for this guy, who was "below average" in Rutgers, and his satellite camps would now be illegal?

I mean, there are far better young coaches that they could had reached out.  Like Neal Brown from Troy.  Hell, Matt Campbell would be a great hire because of what he did in Toledo and his one year in ISU. There are more that I'm forgetting off of my head.

But I'm more inclined to believe that the real problem is Currie if we were to believe that the understanding he formed a list of 1. Gruden 2. Frost 3. Mullen and Schiano was the emergency option... and 1 to 3 told him to get bent.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 26, 2017, 08:29:57 PM »
I’m Lol’ing, but I’ve never heard a peep about Schiano and Sandusky, and now several reporters are saying there was never really anything to it.

Lol’ing at Currie, hate to see someone who may have done nothing wrong get skewered on social media.

The problem is, while there may never really anything into it, it was testified, under oath that he knew of the situation and didn't do anything.

Okay, hadn’t seen or heard that.

Here you go Dax.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/12/greg-schiano-tom-bradley-knew-of-jerry-sandusky-abuse-at-penn-state-documents-show/?utm_term=.310aad4d7a04

Thanks

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 26, 2017, 08:30:17 PM »
Some on twitter are now talking about how there are beginnings of student grumblings at OSU about Schiano.  Poor bastard might be unemployable in college for a while, all because of how this UT thing went down.

Tough crap, OSU students. You accepted him and are stuck with him.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 26, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »
Currie could be having a really good life in Manhattan right now if he'd simply stayed out of the sports/human stuff and let those things win and point to them and ask rich people for money.  His dumb letters and hardhat tweets would've been ignored.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 26, 2017, 08:33:15 PM »
Currie could be having a really good life in Manhattan right now if he'd simply stayed out of the sports/human stuff and let those things win and point to them and ask rich people for money.  His dumb letters and hardhat tweets would've been ignored.

If he just would have left frank alone he’d still be fine here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: November 26, 2017, 08:35:15 PM »
The "call Snyder" thing cannot be ignored here.  Totally agree with Trim.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #511 on: November 26, 2017, 08:37:47 PM »
Like I said, I had no awareness (or interest) in Schiano pre Rutgers (and post Rutgers) and truly had no idea he was at PSU. 

Apparently Currie didn’t either.  In some things are similar yet different fashion:  I’m just a dude with no agenda (but I will neither confirm nor deny that I’m a POS).  John Currie is a hyperactive control freak P5 AD with an agenda.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 26, 2017, 08:39:21 PM »
I'm really not too sure given that no one is jealous of Tennessee's fanbase right now.

any kstate fan worthy of the name is incredibly jealous.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 26, 2017, 08:42:23 PM »
Can we all be honest here....UT fans don't give 2 shits about Schiano's involvement (or lack thereof) at Penn State.  If he had the same history but his name was Saban or Meyer, they wouldn't say one word about it and would be overjoyed with the hire. They're pissed because he's a retread just like Oscar.

When they were still on board with Butch Jones they had nothing at all to say about Jones calling a player who reported a sexual assault a traitor and that same player getting beat up in the UT locker room. These people are all shitbags willing to be led into embarrassment by Clay Travis. I hope they end up with Bo Pelini.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 26, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
Great day in Big Orange Country! John Currie will not be the AD at the end of the week imo. That will also be great!

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 26, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »

Totally 100% agreed.  If he would had left Frank and Bill alone during his time here, do his job, and raise money, he would have been a great AD, and I would be fine with that.

Unfortunately, his ego got the best of him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 26, 2017, 08:48:34 PM »
Great day in Big Orange Country! John Currie will not be the AD at the end of the week imo. That will also be great!

after what your fanbase did to he and schiano, i’m sure it will be quite easy to fill both positions
good luck with that

Yes at least we stood by quietly while he ruined our basketball program and would have ruined our football program (given the chance).  Just bend over and bite the pillow like we did UT fans!

Ruined our basketball program is amazingly dramatic at best, a outright lie at worst. We have a squeaky voiced dork for a basketball coach, any other issues?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 26, 2017, 08:51:07 PM »
What we will never know for sure, is whether Schiano was Currie's pick for KSU as well.  AD's have a "short list," right?  Would this have been who we would have gotten if Snyder had stepped down before Currie departed? 

There is no way in hell the KSU community would have mustered the outrage that the UT community gathered in such a short period of time.  KSU fans would have definitely just taken it.

crap man, all you have to do is perform a search on this site for Schiano's name just last year. I don't recall hardly anyone having serious objection to his name being brought up. It went from yes to meh.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 26, 2017, 08:51:53 PM »
I’m not sure I’m all that upset with Currie trying to stand up to Snyder a bit.   A school can’t let this annual “Vatican Smoke” bullshit go on forever.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 26, 2017, 08:53:19 PM »

after what your fanbase did to he and schiano, i’m sure it will be quite easy to fill both positions
good luck with that

Yes at least we stood by quietly while he ruined our basketball program and would have ruined our football program (given the chance).  Just bend over and bite the pillow like we did UT fans!
Can anyone confirm.were the big money donors at UT completely out if the loop on this?  Still trying to comprehend that a massive Twitter rant moved the needle on this hire?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Of course they did, this is twitter outrage gone amok, grats to Clay, white people love him way more than I thought.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 26, 2017, 08:53:38 PM »
We haven't made it to the first weekend of the NCAA tournament since Currie forced frank out. Ruined is an overstatement, but Currie definitely seemed to go out of his way to make it worse which a really weird stance for an athletic director to take.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 26, 2017, 08:55:02 PM »

good luck with that

Can anyone confirm.were the big money donors at UT completely out if the loop on this?  Still trying to comprehend that a massive Twitter rant moved the needle on this hire?

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Of course they did, this is twitter outrage gone amok, grats to Clay, white people love him way more than I thought.

Still laugh at his “The SEC is gonna make eleventy billion dollars and leave everyone in the dust” Bullshit.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:07 PM »
I sat with our biggest donor at K-State yesterday. Snyder's plan was to out last Currie, now the donors want to out last Bill at this point. If Bill is back next year, they're done. Let's not act like we dodged a bullet here.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 26, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »
We haven't made it to the first weekend of the NCAA tournament since Currie forced frank out. Ruined is an overstatement, but Currie definitely seemed to go out of his way to make it worse which a really weird stance for an athletic director to take.

Yep. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 26, 2017, 09:01:16 PM »
Today might be the most relevant that KStateMBB has been since 2012, and only because Currie's name is in the news for this and it's being noted that his prior claim to fame is running Frank.