Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 43207 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
What sports are furries allowed to play?

What sports are flurries not allowed to play?
Well, definitely able to play the someone who makes me uncomfortable kind.  :D

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m willing to bet my goEMAW account that more white republican males are talking about this issue more than anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol:  You have no way of gauging this.

Everyone fully understands that people like you don't want the policies you advocate questioned.  You'd just prefer to have whatever you want implemented as you want and anyone who disagrees is "uneducated" or whatever label you can conjure up for that situation.

The ultimate form of misogyny, indeed.
Dax spends his days yelling at the clouds about the injustice of the 8th place athlete

eff them (cis)gendered girls/women (OKC)

Only we're allowed to talk about these things!!  #blueanon

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Dax, going off the numbers in the post earlier about Utah, there was 1 trans female athlete in the state participating in girls sports.

Huge issue!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dax, going off the numbers in the post earlier about Utah, there was 1 trans female athlete in the state participating in girls sports.

Huge issue!

That's your strawman

I'm not talking about just Utah.  Only a total derp thinks that. 

Now you and slowdug get back to being all  :curse: :curse: :curse: about people talking about things that you don't want them to talk about.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

What sports are furries not allowed to play?

I can see them being banned from swimming but I doubt the Utah legislature has taken action

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

What sports are furries not allowed to play?

I can see them being banned from swimming but I doubt the Utah legislature has taken action
I was thinking that dog jumping event that is on espn sometimes.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
That's genuine thoughtfulness. If it's not, he's the best liar I've ever come across.

he's a good dude.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
The other way of looking at it is that the 5th place man, likely pushed a woman who would have gotten 5th, into 6th.   In some events, the 7th place man pushed the woman would would have finished in 7th into 8th and in turn the 8th place (and final qualifying) woman got pushed into 9th,  and thus rendered them a non qualifier for the next round.  So all that hard work to achieve a goal of making it into the finals was for nothing because certain people consider it to be acceptable for men to participate in women's sports.  We must take into account all of the alleged travails of the  man, and the cisgendered woman must simply accept the consequences of not being as good, or as strong, or as fast as the man.   Sorry sweetheart, the emotional well-being of the trans woman supersedes your goals and aspirations.  Maybe next time, huh.  Maybe train a little harder while you're at it sweetie. 

#blueanon has taken this topic and turned into entirely one sided discussion where if you don't accept their version of reality you're a bigot and anti-trans.  The cisgendered women facing the consequences of having their dreams shattered because they have to compete against men just need to sit down, and STFU according to #blueanon.   The cisgendered woman having to compete while on her period, with the cramping, bloating and other physical travails must simply accept they may be competing against a man who faces no such natural and cyclical physical roadblocks.

Looks like dax learned the word "travails" today. Good job, dax!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#stalkerish  #deflectospracs rides again (and again and again and again)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Just catching up on the last 24 hours of this thread but MiR thank you, your sentiment was incredibly well put and your dismantling of that lady’s argument was very succinct.

What’s really frustrating is that there are a lot of otherwise reasonable, well meaning people out there who feel uncomfortable with transgenderism for whatever reason, and are looking for a little confirmation bias so when someone with letters after their name sounds intelligent when speaking and tells them what they want to hear, theyre happy to swallow it hook line and sinker and then to proselytize that idea.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Trans people don’t make me uncomfortable FWIW. Non of LGBTQ does. I’m just a huge sports fan. I see it how it is, no matter the lower of percentages of athletes out there in the field. I also don’t have an answer for it either, but I think many of you are being naive about some of the advantages. That’s all. I’m all for humans being happy in whatever form does so. - Signed (clinically depressed, fun guy)

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The Manti doc kinda pissed me off tho, because the obvious villain in the whole story, got catered like a baby through it, because he is a she now. No matter what gender, sexuality you have, etc. They should have ripped her apart and tried harder to get answers.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#blueanon has taken this topic and turned into entirely one sided discussion where if you don't accept their version of reality you're a bigot and anti-trans.   

Misgendering them isn't helping your case either, but keep blaming blueanon.

The irony of dax posting this almost directly after rusty reposted the letter from Utah's governor is almost too rich for even my extreme sweet tooth.

I think the bar to clear for not being a bigot is so low, that you have to make a concerted effort not to clear it. You don't have to wear women's clothing. You don't have to march in a gay pride parade. You don't have to have a trans friend. You don't even have to put a trans flag on your social media. If you can't even stomach not intentionally misgendering someone, that's tough but we can work around it. All you need to do to clear that bar, is to simply mind your own business, let people live their lives. They're not hurting you so maybe keep your opinion, that could dehumanize someone, to yourself. Is that difficult? Is it hard not to care about a trans woman who has tried very hard, for multiple years but haven't gotten close to not getting a tour card? Do we have to point her out and laugh or scoff at her? Did dragging Lia Thomas all over gods existence do anything to improve the lives of the people doing it?

I'm certain of this, my good friend CF3 has never been called a bigot by me. My good buddy Dlew has never been called a bigot by me. The governor of Utah has never been called a bigot by me. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that me and these three people don't view trans rights exactly the same way that I do.

It's really not that hard to not be seen as a bigot. The choice is ultimately yours. I mean people can call you a bigot all they want to, there's at least three posters on this board who have, doesn't bother me in the least though, because I can look myself in the mirror and know I'm good. If you're worried about being called a bigot, by some nebulous group of people, maybe instead of crying to us, some self-reflection might be in order.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Manti doc kinda pissed me off tho, because the obvious villain in the whole story, got catered like a baby through it, because he is a she now. No matter what gender, sexuality you have, etc. They should have ripped her apart and tried harder to get answers.

lol, that's how you saw it? Who is this they you speak of? The filmmakers didn't editorialize anyone, even Brian Kelly who clearly left his guy out to dry, and the person who was actually affected by what she did said he forgives her. Does Mantei forgive her because "he is now a she?"

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
0.44% of high school athletes being trans is quite a bit higher than I’d have guessed tbh

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When you're a biological male who says that it's acceptable that biological woman  be forced to compete against biological men in the field of athletics on a competitive/championship level, you are indeed a bigot and a misogynist.  When you're male who believes that a biological woman should be the subject of labels, scorn and ridicule when she is claims to be uncomfortable with biological males being present in her most intimate and personal of spaces.  You are indeed a bigot and a misogynist.  If you're a biological male and you're telling a biological woman that she is to, in so many words, to sit down and shut up when being forced to compete against biological males in the field of play, on any level.  You are indeed a bigot and misogynist.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 10:45:51 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
In case I haven't made it clear, I don't care about any of this stuff. Who's a male, who's a female, who's a tomato, I don't care. My loud voice and advocacy about trans people has nothing to do with anything other than my steadfast belief that everyone deserves to be happy and I've yet to see anything close to a compelling argument, informing me, that we shouldn't just leave people alone and let them be who they want to be. No, I don't think someone winning some swim races or finishing 127th in a golf tournament is anywhere near where we need to be to dehumanize or jeopardize the health and safety of any one person or a group of people.

Sums it up better than I can
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
0.44% of high school athletes being trans is quite a bit higher than I’d have guessed tbh

Yeah, that's slightly higher than the estimated percentage of Americans who identify as trans, not sure if that number tracks.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's slightly higher than the estimated percentage of Americans who identify as trans, not sure if that number tracks.

pretty sure %s are much higher among younger americans than older americans.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

pretty sure %s are much higher among younger americans than older americans.

High schoolers? No. Sorry but no. People are more likely to identify as trans when they are no longer under their parents thumbs.

BTW according to the National Federation of State High School Associations about 8,000,000 high schoolers participate in sports annually, that means about 350,000 transgender teens that participate in high school athletics, that would be 1/5 of all Americans who identify as trans, that's too many teens.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Obviously there will be a higher percentage of trans young people than the general population due to progress in society but 0.44% of high school kids in sports does seem high. You could point to the Utah numbers as evidence, but I'm guessing they have far lower percentages of trans youth than the general population.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
For some of you mfers it’s a real shame your advocacy for women extends to a fair shot at competing in varsity sports but stops well short of reproductive rights and bodily autonomy

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

lol, that's how you saw it? Who is this they you speak of? The filmmakers didn't editorialize anyone, even Brian Kelly who clearly left his guy out to dry, and the person who was actually affected by what she did said he forgives her. Does Mantei forgive her because "he is now a she?"

Yeah I think you’re projecting a bit, Wacks. The documentary said several times that the people they interviewed weren’t even aware of the transition, and I think most people that listened to Tuiassosopo’s version of the story came out of it thinking she’s a legit psychopath.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:jerk:

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/publications/trans-adults-united-states/
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/07/about-5-of-young-adults-in-the-u-s-say-their-gender-is-different-from-their-sex-assigned-at-birth/

Serious question, what am I missing? The very first line of that says
Nearly one in five people who identify as transgender are ages 13-17.

Isn't that saying that less than 20% of people who identify as trans are high school and middle schoolers?