Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 41590 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
In case I haven't made it clear, I don't care about any of this stuff. Who's a male, who's a female, who's a tomato, I don't care. My loud voice and advocacy about trans people has nothing to do with anything other than my steadfast belief that everyone deserves to be happy and I've yet to see anything close to a compelling argument, informing me, that we shouldn't just leave people alone and let them be who they want to be. No, I don't think someone winning some swim races or finishing 127th in a golf tournament is anywhere near where we need to be to dehumanize or jeopardize the health and safety of any one person or a group of people.

:thumbs:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
In case I haven't made it clear, I don't care about any of this stuff. Who's a male, who's a female, who's a tomato, I don't care. My loud voice and advocacy about trans people has nothing to do with anything other than my steadfast belief that everyone deserves to be happy and I've yet to see anything close to a compelling argument, informing me, that we shouldn't just leave people alone and let them be who they want to be. No, I don't think someone winning some swim races or finishing 127th in a golf tournament is anywhere near where we need to be to dehumanize or jeopardize the health and safety of any one person or a group of people.
Well said.

C43, I'd ask you how you'd counter the Mormon Republican Utah governor's statement on vetoing the trans kids sports ban? (There is some stuff I disagree with in the entire letter but this is on the money):

Finally, there is one more important reason for this veto. I must admit, I am not an expert on transgenderism. I struggle to understand so much of it and the science is conflicting. When in doubt however, I always try to err on the side of kindness, mercy and compassion. I also try to get proximate and I am learning so much from our transgender community. They are great kids who face enormous struggles. Here are the numbers that have most impacted my decision: 75,000, 4, 1, 86 and 56.

? 75,000 high school kids participating in high school sports in Utah.

? 4 transgender kids playing high school sports in Utah.

? 1 transgender student playing girls sports.

? 86% of trans youth reporting suicidality.

? 56% of trans youth having attempted suicide1

Four kids and only one of them playing girls sports. That’s what all of this is about. Four kids who aren’t dominating or winning trophies or taking scholarships. Four kids who are just trying to find some friends and feel like they are a part of something. Four kids trying to get through each day. Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few. I don’t understand what they are going through or why they feel the way they do. But I want them to live. And all the research shows that even a little acceptance and connection can reduce suicidality significantly. For that reason, as much as any other, I have taken this action in the hope that we can continue to work together and find a better way. If a veto override occurs, I hope we can work to find ways to show these four kids that we love them and they have a place in our state.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2022/03/22/gov-spencer-coxs/

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Well said.

C43, I'd ask you how you'd counter the Mormon Republican Utah governor's statement on vetoing the trans kids sports ban? (There is some stuff I disagree with in the entire letter but this is on the money):

Finally, there is one more important reason for this veto. I must admit, I am not an expert on transgenderism. I struggle to understand so much of it and the science is conflicting. When in doubt however, I always try to err on the side of kindness, mercy and compassion. I also try to get proximate and I am learning so much from our transgender community. They are great kids who face enormous struggles. Here are the numbers that have most impacted my decision: 75,000, 4, 1, 86 and 56.

? 75,000 high school kids participating in high school sports in Utah.

? 4 transgender kids playing high school sports in Utah.

? 1 transgender student playing girls sports.

? 86% of trans youth reporting suicidality.

? 56% of trans youth having attempted suicide1

Four kids and only one of them playing girls sports. That’s what all of this is about. Four kids who aren’t dominating or winning trophies or taking scholarships. Four kids who are just trying to find some friends and feel like they are a part of something. Four kids trying to get through each day. Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few. I don’t understand what they are going through or why they feel the way they do. But I want them to live. And all the research shows that even a little acceptance and connection can reduce suicidality significantly. For that reason, as much as any other, I have taken this action in the hope that we can continue to work together and find a better way. If a veto override occurs, I hope we can work to find ways to show these four kids that we love them and they have a place in our state.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2022/03/22/gov-spencer-coxs/

:thumbs: That's genuine thoughtfulness. If it's not, he's the best liar I've ever come across.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Not sure Rusty, I will think about it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The other way of looking at it is that the 5th place man, likely pushed a woman who would have gotten 5th, into 6th.   In some events, the 7th place man pushed the woman would would have finished in 7th into 8th and in turn the 8th place (and final qualifying) woman got pushed into 9th,  and thus rendered them a non qualifier for the next round.  So all that hard work to achieve a goal of making it into the finals was for nothing because certain people consider it to be acceptable for men to participate in women's sports.  We must take into account all of the alleged travails of the  man, and the cisgendered woman must simply accept the consequences of not being as good, or as strong, or as fast as the man.   Sorry sweetheart, the emotional well-being of the trans woman supersedes your goals and aspirations.  Maybe next time, huh.  Maybe train a little harder while you're at it sweetie. 

#blueanon has taken this topic and turned into entirely one sided discussion where if you don't accept their version of reality you're a bigot and anti-trans.  The cisgendered women facing the consequences of having their dreams shattered because they have to compete against men just need to sit down, and STFU according to #blueanon.   The cisgendered woman having to compete while on her period, with the cramping, bloating and other physical travails must simply accept they may be competing against a man who faces no such natural and cyclical physical roadblocks. 

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 02:14:37 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#blueanon has taken this topic and turned into entirely one sided discussion where if you don't accept their version of reality you're a bigot and anti-trans.   

Misgendering them isn't helping your case either, but keep blaming blueanon.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#blueanon has taken this topic and turned into entirely one sided discussion where if you don't accept their version of reality you're a bigot and anti-trans.   

Misgendering them isn't helping your case either, but keep blaming blueanon.

Just another driveby from #deflectobucket

#nosubstance

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
I just looked up some numbers (it was from last year, so they may have groomed a lot more kids since then). The estimated percentage of high school athletes who are transgender is a whopping 0.44%

Definitely a huge issue affecting countless 8th place athletes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If it's not a huge issue, then why  is it all over the news?

It doesn't impact me, so not a huge issue (the deep thoughts of OKC)

So how many trans athletes would that be OKC?  Not a percentage, the actual number.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

It is a dogwhistle for clay travis devotees.  it whips the base into a frenzy

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
There is no data available that provides an exact number of transgender students in high school, let alone transgender student-athletes. There are approximately 15 million high school students in the United States, and approximately 8 million of them participate in high school sports. A CDC study published in 2019 estimated that 1.8 percent of high school students are transgender, meaning there are roughly 270,000 transgender students in U.S. high schools. But a report by the Human Rights Campaign found that only 14% of transgender boys and 12% of transgender girls play sports. Given all of those numbers, it's statistically possible that there are some 35,000 transgender student-athletes in high school, which would mean 0.44% of high school athletes are transgender.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
eff those kids, though

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It is a dogwhistle for clay travis devotees.  it whips the base into a frenzy

Another thing that whips #blueanon into a frenzy is a female calling trans-advoacy by men the ultimate form of misogyny.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
eff those kids, though

BTW, that's 35K trans athletes.

eff (figuratively) them cis-gendered female athletes (OKC)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
It’s just not a huge deal, dax. It’s along the same line as people talking about ‘woke people.’ It’s just made up controversy to fire up the uneducated

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’s just not a huge deal, dax. It’s along the same line as people talking about ‘woke people.’ It’s just made up controversy to fire up the uneducated

Yes, oh it's just the "uneducated" now, so anyone who advocates for cis-gendered females is just "uneducated".

Check-Got it

A cis-gendered female feeling uncomfortable about a trans-woman being in their most personal of spaces is simply a cis-gendered female that needs to be (re) educated (OKC)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
I’m willing to bet my goEMAW account that more white republican males are talking about this issue more than anyone else

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m willing to bet my goEMAW account that more white republican males are talking about this issue more than anyone else

:lol: :lol:  You have no way of gauging this.

Everyone fully understands that people like you don't want the policies you advocate questioned.  You'd just prefer to have whatever you want implemented as you want and anyone who disagrees is "uneducated" or whatever label you can conjure up for that situation.

The ultimate form of misogyny, indeed.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
What sports are furries allowed to play?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

thanks captain obvious.  It's like gay marriage and abortion.  It doesn't effect old white idiots but they obsess over it

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

:lol: :lol:  You have no way of gauging this.

Everyone fully understands that people like you don't want the policies you advocate questioned.  You'd just prefer to have whatever you want implemented as you want and anyone who disagrees is "uneducated" or whatever label you can conjure up for that situation.

The ultimate form of misogyny, indeed.
Dax spends his days yelling at the clouds about the injustice of the 8th place athlete

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

thanks captain obvious.  It's like gay marriage and abortion.  It doesn't effect old white idiots but they obsess over it
I had to spell it out for our local old white idiot

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Never question us!!!   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inside every #blueanon-Is a Fascist trying to get out

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I had to spell it out for our local old white idiot

Just an absolute derp

Sad

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
What sports are furries allowed to play?

What sports are furries not allowed to play?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite