Author Topic: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not  (Read 138372 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not
« Reply #1125 on: March 10, 2022, 12:10:00 PM »
It wasn’t all the losing that caused us to lose, it was the negativity about that losing? Is the below what he actually said? Because lmao if so.

https://twitter.com/lifeoffitz/status/1501976216588402691

If true, this is the type of thing that makes the alleged sincerity of his accepting ultimate responsibility that much less believable.   

Every statement he makes about being responsible, is immediately countermanded by additional statements that clearly indicate that he doesn't believe his own words about ultimate accountability.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 10, 2022, 12:11:26 PM »
I agree with oscar. We have some shitty, dumbass fans

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 10, 2022, 12:12:22 PM »
He just dragged our previous AD's.  :love:

He said he's wanted Pullen's, Beasley, Wade, Brown's, McGruder, etc. jersey's retired for years, but nobody would listen to him and he hopes they listen to the next coach with some of those suggestions.  :love:

oscar has always done everything right and the reason bad things happen or good things don't happen is someone else's fault.

This has always been an unfair characterization. He literally started his comments last night saying that he wishes he accomplished more here. He speaks with candor, and it is used against him a lot. Does he focus on things beyond his control, yeah, he does, but you people who say he never takes responsibility are ridiculous. He was in the position where we as fans would point out a poorly officiated game, and most everyone would agree, then oscar would say something about it in the post game then some of the same people would say that he's making excuses.

This is how oscar comes across:

I coached nearly perfectly, but not perfectly, so I can do better. However, if everyone else had done their job correctly or didn't suck (including my players) or hadn't screwed us over (schedule makers), I wouldn't have to have been perfect in my coaching.

He's completely oblivious to the fact that he is terrible at in-game strategy. He fouled The Flush out in the first half of a tournament game and it cost us the game. I've never heard him acknowledge the fact that he lost the UC-Irvine game by taking Barry out in the first half. He is always making decisions that put us at a disadvantage and he appears to be clueless to that fact.
That's funny you mention this, because a huge portion of our fans bitch about how he sits players in the first half when they have two fouls too often, so which is it?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 10, 2022, 12:13:42 PM »
oscar lost in the 1st round in kansas sodding city as a 4 seed to la salle (?) with this roster:

JO
angel
spracs
shane
hot rod
gip
nino
martavious

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 10, 2022, 12:14:23 PM »
I agree with oscar. We have some shitty, dumbass fans
Yeah and now a lot of these fans are having a hard time hearing it. Sad.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 10, 2022, 12:16:06 PM »
Lol the guys on 810 are dragging oscar now calling him a soft whiny loser.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 10, 2022, 12:17:49 PM »
He's completely oblivious to the fact that he is terrible at in-game strategy. He fouled The Flush out in the first half of a tournament game and it cost us the game. I've never heard him acknowledge the fact that he lost the UC-Irvine game by taking Barry out in the first half. He is always making decisions that put us at a disadvantage and he appears to be clueless to that fact.
That's funny you mention this, because a huge portion of our fans bitch about how he sits players in the first half when they have two fouls too often, so which is it?

yeah Justwin, which is it?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 10, 2022, 12:20:37 PM »

I read the first part of his post where he said he literally fouled Brown out in the first half of the tourney, mocat. Get a grip, guy.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 10, 2022, 12:21:47 PM »
He just dragged gE! :lol:

Question: "Do you ever feel like you didn't get a fair shake from day 1 by some of the fans"

Coach: "There was definitely a pocket of fans that didn't want me here from day 1. They protested when I arrived and wanted Doug Gottlieb or something crazy like that. K-State is a really great place, but I feel this pocket of fans are hurting K-State more than they're helping them". :love: :love:
dang...

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1501979047542374401?s=20&t=spmGnkhrLcLJ2t6GFtN2aw

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 10, 2022, 12:25:24 PM »
I'll give him this, oscar was probably better than Gottlieb would've been

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 10, 2022, 12:27:14 PM »

I read the first part of his post where he said he literally fouled Brown out in the first half of the tourney, mocat. Get a grip, guy.

You should review the difference between literal and literalist.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 10, 2022, 12:27:53 PM »
Have to be fair. This is true.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 10, 2022, 12:29:45 PM »

Who would have thought gE posters would make shitty heady coach hiring decisions. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 10, 2022, 12:31:43 PM »
He just dragged our previous AD's.  :love:

He said he's wanted Pullen's, Beasley, Wade, Brown's, McGruder, etc. jersey's retired for years, but nobody would listen to him and he hopes they listen to the next coach with some of those suggestions.  :love:

oscar has always done everything right and the reason bad things happen or good things don't happen is someone else's fault.

This has always been an unfair characterization. He literally started his comments last night saying that he wishes he accomplished more here. He speaks with candor, and it is used against him a lot. Does he focus on things beyond his control, yeah, he does, but you people who say he never takes responsibility are ridiculous. He was in the position where we as fans would point out a poorly officiated game, and most everyone would agree, then oscar would say something about it in the post game then some of the same people would say that he's making excuses.

This is how oscar comes across:

I coached nearly perfectly, but not perfectly, so I can do better. However, if everyone else had done their job correctly or didn't suck (including my players) or hadn't screwed us over (schedule makers), I wouldn't have to have been perfect in my coaching.

Can't argue with that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 10, 2022, 12:33:55 PM »
oscar lost in the 1st round in kansas sodding city as a 4 seed to la salle (?) with this roster:

JO
angel
spracs
shane
hot rod
gip
nino
martavious

I can't believe he won a conference title with that team. I honestly think that was his greatest accomplishment in his coaching career. There is absolutely no way Frank wins the Big 12 with that collection of players and he wouldn't have been expected to.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: March 10, 2022, 12:37:37 PM »

Those midday guys on 810 are legit stupid motherfuckers. I listened to them last week talk about oscar after the Tech game and they were so dumb I wanted to injure myself. It is very clear the host doesn't watch a lick of big 12 basketball. eff those clowns with a nightstick.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 10, 2022, 12:39:04 PM »

JO
angel
spracs
shane
hot rod
gip
nino
martavious

I can't believe he won a conference title with that team. I honestly think that was his greatest accomplishment in his coaching career. There is absolutely no way Frank wins the Big 12 with that collection of players and he wouldn't have been expected to.

I agree that Frank doesn't win the title with that team but I also don't think oscar wins the conference title without Frank having coached them for 3 years. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 10, 2022, 12:40:14 PM »

Those midday guys on 810 are legit stupid motherfuckers. I listened to them last week talk about oscar after the Tech game and they were so dumb I wanted to injure myself. It is very clear the host doesn't watch a lick of big 12 basketball. eff those clowns with a nightstick.
They do suck in general but I thoroughly enjoyed them spending 10 minutes talking about how oscar is a whiny bitch.

Ohhh, is the social media too negative? Why don't you try finishing better than 9th in the Big12 3 years in a row.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 10, 2022, 12:40:54 PM »

Who would have thought gE posters would make shitty heady coach hiring decisions.

It wasn't just gE and I don't think what ChiTown and KK are saying equates to a shitty coaching decision. He could have been amazing, he could have been a flame out or something in the middle, we'll never know.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 10, 2022, 12:41:19 PM »

JO
angel
spracs
shane
hot rod
gip
nino
martavious

I agree that Frank doesn't win the title with that team but I also don't think oscar wins the conference title without Frank having coached them for 3 years.

I agree

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 10, 2022, 12:42:17 PM »
Yeah, Jason Anderson is a huge dork store. The other dude got fired from 610 when I was working there, for throwing a bobble head at his partners head for being pissed off at him off air and he broke the studio glass window. :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 10, 2022, 12:42:38 PM »

Gottlieb would’ve had us loaded with recruits before moving on after a few years and we’d have found another one like him to keep recruiting and rolling the ball out.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 10, 2022, 12:44:29 PM »

JO
angel
spracs
shane
hot rod
gip
nino
martavious

Frank might not have had that team and instead had some addition by subtraction after Shannon Spradling’s mutiny.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 10, 2022, 12:46:38 PM »
Grant McCasland or KT Turner fellas who will it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 10, 2022, 12:47:51 PM »
Looking back the protest was really embarrassing.  Wish I hadn't been a part of it, but i was young and angsty and horned up for k-state sports.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]