Author Topic: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not  (Read 138345 times)

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not
« Reply #1100 on: March 10, 2022, 11:32:46 AM »
Yes, everyone, one of the worst 3 year runs in K-State Basketball history is all on you.

Based on tenure, the worst overall conference record, by far an away the worst record against our instate rival (based on tenure length) and the easily the lowest level of success ever in the NCAA tourney based on tenure . . . the joke is on you.
2 conference championships. One for the first time since 1977 and one to break "the streak". 50% on making the tourney in his 10 years. Good crap, dax. He's gone, move on, start pivoting to how Brad Underwood sucks because he can't make the 2nd week of the tourney. We can't wait.

He also lost to a D2 school at home by 20 and had the worst 3 year stretch in program history. 2 Conference championships do not make up for that, and his tournament resume (which matters to most people alot more than conference titles) is even worse.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 10, 2022, 11:33:26 AM »
Cool. He's gone.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 10, 2022, 11:36:30 AM »
/
The terms of Weber's contract will be honored by K-State Athletics.

What does this mean regarding his buyout?

His ass was canned and he's getting paid for that accordingly.

Yes, Gene just paid $400,000 to fire him three weeks before his buyout was reduced.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 10, 2022, 11:40:06 AM »
He’s on 810 right now roasting the kstate fanbase allegedly
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 10, 2022, 11:43:32 AM »
Just joined the stream, so he's vacillating between K-State being a great job, and then talking repeatedly about hard it is to recruit to K-State.    He sounds very bitter.

Edit:  It sounds like a presser

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 10, 2022, 11:47:04 AM »
ya i want to empathize but he makes it so hard. he drug every coach we’ve had since kruger out the door with him in a way that only oscar can
His point was, no one won a goddamn conference title since he got there, and nobody was named Grade A1 villain from the first day they were hired at K-State either since ‘77.

when he was crying about how none of those other coaches couldn’t do what he did in winning B12’s, he should have also included coaching the team to a place statistically, that was lower than anything those other coaches could, despite how hard they tried

typical oscar, take the adulation, ignore/displace any criticism
It was his farewell speech. You gonna talk about your lows on your death bed?

Talk about your highs but don't drag old coaches with you.  Hell I half expected him to mention his B12's versus old balls.
He was crap on from day 1 by our psycho fan base and never got the opportunity to be liked, like the others. I appreciate his mic drop on the way out. He's 100% accurate on all accounts.

Isn't his ability to be liked directly tied to him?

Come on man. Some of you guys complaining about that press conference are doing a little bit of performative theatre with the oscar Weber era. Yeah, he and he alone are responsible for the on court results, but literally from the start there were significant parts of this fan base that never gave him a chance. We, literally we, goEMAW picketed his press conference. A poster on this board broke a sink at Bramlage during said press conference. The first year he was here, a year in which he won a conference championship, he went down to Texas and beat UT down there, his reward, he got heckled during his post game interview, after a goddamn win. There are so many of these things that I could go on and on about. Do you think he didn't know this crap was happening? Do you think that he should have just been able to compartmentalize that swaths of the fan base never accepted him, only because he followed Frank Martin and he was hired by John Currie? This was a highly unusual situation from the start, and you're fooling yourself if you even hint that he was given a level playing field when he started here.

I called for him to be fired a couple of times and even given retrospect I still think he should have been fired after he lost nearly that entire team with Foster, and I think the team grossly underperformed during Dean, Barry, and Cam's sophomore year. I was clearly wrong and I'll own that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 10, 2022, 11:48:10 AM »
He just dragged our previous AD's.  :love:

He said he's wanted Pullen's, Beasley, Wade, Brown's, McGruder, etc. jersey's retired for years, but nobody would listen to him and he hopes they listen to the next coach with some of those suggestions.  :love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 10, 2022, 11:48:43 AM »
I'd like to think that we were willing to go ahead and pay the buyout because we already have Coach Pitino lined up. I guess time will tell, though.

Well he suddenly has a lot of unforeseen free time.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 10, 2022, 11:50:24 AM »

He said he's wanted Pullen's, Beasley, Wade, Brown's, McGruder, etc. jersey's retired for years, but nobody would listen to him and he hopes they listen to the next coach with some of those suggestions.  :love:
Dont think Pullen wanted oscar to be the coach when his jersey was retired.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 10, 2022, 11:50:48 AM »

oscar has always done everything right and the reason bad things happen or good things don't happen is someone else's fault.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 10, 2022, 11:52:03 AM »
ya i want to empathize but he makes it so hard. he drug every coach we’ve had since kruger out the door with him in a way that only oscar can
His point was, no one won a goddamn conference title since he got there, and nobody was named Grade A1 villain from the first day they were hired at K-State either since ‘77.

when he was crying about how none of those other coaches couldn’t do what he did in winning B12’s, he should have also included coaching the team to a place statistically, that was lower than anything those other coaches could, despite how hard they tried

Talk about your highs but don't drag old coaches with you.  Hell I half expected him to mention his B12's versus old balls.
He was crap on from day 1 by our psycho fan base and never got the opportunity to be liked, like the others. I appreciate his mic drop on the way out. He's 100% accurate on all accounts.

Come on man. Some of you guys complaining about that press conference are doing a little bit of performative theatre with the oscar Weber era. Yeah, he and he alone are responsible for the on court results, but literally from the start there were significant parts of this fan base that never gave him a chance. We, literally we, goEMAW picketed his press conference. A poster on this board broke a sink at Bramlage during said press conference. The first year he was here, a year in which he won a conference championship, he went down to Texas and beat UT down there, his reward, he got heckled during his post game interview, after a goddamn win. There are so many of these things that I could go on and on about. Do you think he didn't know this crap was happening? Do you think that he should have just been able to compartmentalize that swaths of the fan base never accepted him, only because he followed Frank Martin and he was hired by John Currie? This was a highly unusual situation from the start, and you're fooling yourself if you even hint that he was given a level playing field when he started here.

I called for him to be fired a couple of times and even given retrospect I still think he should have been fired after he lost nearly that entire team with Foster, and I think the team grossly underperformed during Dean, Barry, and Cam's sophomore year. I was clearly wrong and I'll own that.
:clap: Some posters apparently blacked out the past 10 years.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 10, 2022, 11:54:19 AM »

Well he only worked for two ADs and I don't know how he could have an issue with either of those dudes. As far as the jersey retirements go, Pullen and Beasley aren't going to have a ceremony without Frank here, so those are going to have to wait, certainly oscar knows this. I love Claws and The Flush, they are 100% K-State and State of Kansas hall of famers, I would have to look at the numbers to see if they should have their jerseys retired though. I really don't think we should be like KU and essentially retire everyone who was a multi-year starter.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 10, 2022, 11:55:04 AM »
He just dragged gE! :lol:

Question: "Do you ever feel like you didn't get a fair shake from day 1 by some of the fans"

Coach: "There was definitely a pocket of fans that didn't want me here from day 1. They protested when I arrived and wanted Doug Gottlieb or something crazy like that. K-State is a really great place, but I feel this pocket of fans are hurting K-State more than they're helping them". :love: :love:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 10, 2022, 11:55:34 AM »

oscar has always done everything right and the reason bad things happen or good things don't happen is someone else's fault.

Yep, and when he's rightfully dragged for his constant stream of excuses and his constant passive aggressive stream of consciousness, there are people who get upset.

For example, the thing with the hair is absolutely childish on every conceivable level.    He's not protesting world hunger, or genocide.   He's a multi-millionaire protesting that other multi-millionaires don't play by the rules of a game run by a multi-billion dollar entity while he works for a $100 million dollar atheltic department, and works inside a $25 million dollar building with an office that many CEO's would be envious of . . . 1000% childish.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 10, 2022, 11:55:38 AM »

Dont think Pullen wanted oscar to be the coach when his jersey was retired.

Pullen literally rebutted this himself like inside of the last month and a half and it was documented on this very board.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 10, 2022, 11:55:56 AM »

Well he only worked for two ADs and I don't know how he could have an issue with either of those dudes. As far as the jersey retirements go, Pullen and Beasley aren't going to have a ceremony without Frank here, so those are going to have to wait, certainly oscar knows this. I love Claws and The Flush, they are 100% K-State and State of Kansas hall of famers, I would have to look at the numbers to see if they should have their jerseys retired though. I really don't think we should be like KU and essentially retire everyone who was a multi-year starter.
Agreed

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 10, 2022, 11:56:09 AM »

Despite the amount of words used, this is the succinct and correct response imo. I'd add that his entire tenure occurring in a generally very polarized era only exacerbated all of these things.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 10, 2022, 11:56:19 AM »
gip, smith and pack with very gracious replies

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 10, 2022, 12:00:50 PM »

This has always been an unfair characterization. He literally started his comments last night saying that he wishes he accomplished more here. He speaks with candor, and it is used against him a lot. Does he focus on things beyond his control, yeah, he does, but you people who say he never takes responsibility are ridiculous. He was in the position where we as fans would point out a poorly officiated game, and most everyone would agree, then oscar would say something about it in the post game then some of the same people would say that he's making excuses.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 10, 2022, 12:03:54 PM »
It wasn’t all the losing that caused us to lose, it was the negativity about that losing? Is the below what he actually said? Because lmao if so.

https://twitter.com/lifeoffitz/status/1501976216588402691

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 10, 2022, 12:06:28 PM »

Question: "Do you ever feel like you didn't get a fair shake from day 1 by some of the fans"

Coach: "There was definitely a pocket of fans that didn't want me here from day 1. They protested when I arrived and wanted Doug Gottlieb or something crazy like that. K-State is a really great place, but I feel this pocket of fans are hurting K-State more than they're helping them". :love: :love:

I about spit out my drink when I heard that. You got most of his answer right but I feel you missed a part after that statement where he circled back and said "Gottlieb? That was the stupidest thing ever"

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 10, 2022, 12:08:08 PM »
 :lol: It really was.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 10, 2022, 12:08:13 PM »
oscar going out like a complete bitch is completely on brand
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 10, 2022, 12:09:33 PM »

Did we treat him fairly?  No.  A lot of the negativity was actually anger at the John Currie(who can still go eff himself on fire) stupidity and how JC was a complete fuckhead and how JC pushed oscar out in front.  Like it or not but oscar took arrows for JC as well as for oscar not being what fans who loved Junkyard Cat BB wanted. 

That all said, eff him and his stance about fans hurting Kstate. That’s asinine. Kstate literally has all of the control in these situations. eff him.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 10, 2022, 12:09:41 PM »

This has always been an unfair characterization. He literally started his comments last night saying that he wishes he accomplished more here. He speaks with candor, and it is used against him a lot. Does he focus on things beyond his control, yeah, he does, but you people who say he never takes responsibility are ridiculous. He was in the position where we as fans would point out a poorly officiated game, and most everyone would agree, then oscar would say something about it in the post game then some of the same people would say that he's making excuses.

This is how oscar comes across:

I coached nearly perfectly, but not perfectly, so I can do better. However, if everyone else had done their job correctly or didn't suck (including my players) or hadn't screwed us over (schedule makers), I wouldn't have to have been perfect in my coaching.

He's completely oblivious to the fact that he is terrible at in-game strategy. He fouled The Flush out in the first half of a tournament game and it cost us the game. I've never heard him acknowledge the fact that he lost the UC-Irvine game by taking Barry out in the first half. He is always making decisions that put us at a disadvantage and he appears to be clueless to that fact.