Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 767782 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #8350 on: January 17, 2019, 10:01:11 PM »
However, Cohen's credibility as a witness is questionable.

Straight from the Presidents mouth.

P sure any of the other lawyers on here would agree with me on this point, sport.

No doubt.  Your expedience to defend your dear leader on the other hand...
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: January 17, 2019, 10:02:19 PM »

P sure any of the other lawyers on here would agree with me on this point, sport.

Yes

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1086109641803730944

That's two "lawyers"...I'm convinced.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: January 17, 2019, 10:02:46 PM »

Think whatever you want, shitwit. Cohen is a bad witness.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: January 17, 2019, 10:04:13 PM »
By the way, Trump is a worse witness, so don't get your panties all wadded up.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: January 17, 2019, 10:04:59 PM »

No need for name calling. I think history of the lawyer in question speaks for himself.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: January 17, 2019, 10:07:58 PM »

not a lawyer -> so if cohen is found as a shady witness on one thing is he tainted on all things?  That would be pretty sly of trump to keep a crap lawyer so he could leak Cohen being shady on one thing and invalidate his testimony on all things Trump even being Trumps point fixer guy.  4d chess (or maybe just regular chess for a shady guy like DJT)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: January 17, 2019, 10:18:21 PM »

not a lawyer -> so if cohen is found as a shady witness on one thing is he tainted on all things?  That would be pretty sly of trump to keep a crap lawyer so he could leak Cohen being shady on one thing and invalidate his testimony on all things Trump even being Trumps point fixer guy.  4d chess (or maybe just regular chess for a shady guy like DJT)

I'm talking about the prospect of a jury in a federal criminal trial. It only takes one juror.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: January 17, 2019, 10:18:22 PM »
FBI Agent: Boss we got him to admit to lying to Congress.

Mueller: Well if he’s such a liar why should we believe him?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: January 17, 2019, 10:20:32 PM »

I'm talking about the prospect of a jury in a federal criminal trial. It only takes one juror.

this did not really answer my question.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: January 17, 2019, 10:20:48 PM »
FBI Agent: Boss we got him to admit to lying to Congress.

Mueller: Well if he’s such a liar why should we believe him?

Oh no, TBT is gonna be all up on your ass for saying that . . .

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: January 17, 2019, 10:21:30 PM »
we're not talking about a criminal trial here so none of that crap matters.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: January 17, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »

Some jurors might in fact think that if you lie about one thing, you can't be trusted about other things. Yes. Especially if you have an incentive to lie, combined with the fact that you're already a known liar. It's not far fetched to assume at least one out of a group of twelve people could feel that way.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: January 17, 2019, 10:24:25 PM »

Spracs is just laying the groundwork here

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: January 17, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »

I'm sorry, I thought you said you wanted him to face criminal charges? But anyway, if they have other documentary evidence, then Cohen's testimony is not dispositive, and it's a moot point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: January 17, 2019, 10:40:42 PM »

Some jurors might in fact think that if you lie about one thing, you can't be trusted about other things. Yes. Especially if you have an incentive to lie, combined with the fact that you're already a known liar. It's not far fetched to assume at least one out of a group of twelve people could feel that way.

I can see this.  As someone trying to "use" his testimony I would think you couldn't use his testimony alone to prove any point.  Of course if I was a juror I'd always think this.  I'd need more than one person's "memory" of a situation to be very impactful to my decision. 

Wouldn't any good lawyer or whatever have a person's testimony then backed up by some other evidence?  If not, lawyers aren't very smart, or jurors aren't.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: January 17, 2019, 10:44:31 PM »
Jurors aren’t very smart, Phil.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:10 PM »

I'm sorry, I thought you said you wanted him to face criminal charges? But anyway, if they have other documentary evidence, then Cohen's testimony is not dispositive, and it's a moot point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i do.  but that's not what we're talking about with obstruction stuff.  dude is not going to finish his term without an impeachment trial and then face criminal prosecution for obstruction (obstruction alone, could get tacked onto something else).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:58 PM »

I can see this.  As someone trying to "use" his testimony I would think you couldn't use his testimony alone to prove any point.  Of course if I was a juror I'd always think this.  I'd need more than one person's "memory" of a situation to be very impactful to my decision. 

Wouldn't any good lawyer or whatever have a person's testimony then backed up by some other evidence?  If not, lawyers aren't very smart, or jurors aren't.

Yes, so if they do indeed have tangible evidence, that's way more important than whatever Cohen says.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: January 17, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »
Jurors aren’t very smart, Phil.

I was super smart.  Then I was the alternate :(

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: January 17, 2019, 10:48:37 PM »

Yes, so if they do indeed have tangible evidence, that's way more important than whatever Cohen says.

This seems like a no brainer comment that everybody gets though?  So the original comment of cohen being credible is moot.  You'd always need better evidence even if Cohen was a choir boy?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8370 on: January 17, 2019, 10:53:07 PM »

This seems like a no brainer comment that everybody gets though?  So the original comment of cohen being credible is moot.  You'd always need better evidence even if Cohen was a choir boy?

My comment is that the fact Cohen says something is not much evidence of anything, despite the fact that media and other types immediately glom onto it as proof positive. The alleged other evidence is the more important story, but everyone will instead talk about Cohen.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: January 17, 2019, 11:02:03 PM »
breaking the quote chain...

Unless Cohen dishing is getting to dear leader.  That's well worth the media attention that doesn't need any juror...which is probably the larger point to all of this, not just a criminal trial.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: January 17, 2019, 11:15:24 PM »
breaking the quote chain...

Unless Cohen dishing is getting to dear leader.  That's well worth the media attention that doesn't need any juror...which is probably the larger point to all of this, not just a criminal trial.

Nixon wouldn't have resigned if they didn't have hard evidence against him (the tapes). Impeaching Trump is not legitimate on the strength of Cohen's word alone. The People, and by extension their representatives, will require more. If there is hard evidence showing it is very likely Trump suborned perjury while in office, then that would be legit grounds for impeachment, in my view.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: January 17, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »
Cohen was Trump’s personal attorney. He had his apartment raided while he was still working as Trump’s attorney. The idea that there wouldn’t be evidence to back up the claims he makes is laughable.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: January 17, 2019, 11:29:32 PM »
Cohen was Trump’s personal attorney. He had his apartment raided while he was still working as Trump’s attorney. The idea that there wouldn’t be evidence to back up the claims he makes is laughable.
I'm not saying they don't. I'll be very interested to see what they have. All this supposing is annoying, though. Why don't we just wait until the evidence is presented and then we can all kill each other?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk