Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 774413 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trump and Russia
« Reply #3175 on: October 27, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »
:lol: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/357240-dnc-wasserman-schultz-say-they-were-unaware-of-dossier-payments

Whaaaat? We had no idea!  :lol:

I like how all the right-leaning stuff on this describes Christopher Steele as a "foreign spy."  Sounds so much more menacing and less credible than "former British intelligence officer."

More menacing and less credible? It's just easier to say. They are spies. People refer to directors of NSA and CIA as spies and spymasters all the time. Google it?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3176 on: October 27, 2017, 01:13:12 PM »
Some people even called the President a spook.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3177 on: October 27, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »
Campaigns pay for opposition research all the time so I don't think it's illegal. I'm not sure the legality of certain democrats denying knowledge of payments (were they in the know and/or under oath when they denied it?).

I think the main takeaway is a discrediting of the dossier.

I'm FAR from an expert on campaign finance law - most of which I think is an unconstitutional abridgement of the first amendment anyway - but I'm hearing that while there's nothing wrong with paying for oppo research, you have to list it on your financial disclosures. Team HRC went around that by funneling the money through a law firm (which then lied about hiring Fusion, repeatedly). Could be problematic.

Could also be problematic that the former spy that Fusion GPS hired for the research was likely paying former KGB agents for the dubious "intel" - which means Team HRC was indirectly paying Russians for dirt. In other words, based on what we know so far (and this is only the beginning), this is looking worse than any of the phony "COLUSION" claims leveled against the Trumpster.

I'm a little confused as to the legal difference between what team Trump allegedly did with the Russians and what team Clinton allegedly actually did with the Russians.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: October 27, 2017, 01:38:05 PM »
Campaigns pay for opposition research all the time so I don't think it's illegal. I'm not sure the legality of certain democrats denying knowledge of payments (were they in the know and/or under oath when they denied it?).

I'm FAR from an expert on campaign finance law - most of which I think is an unconstitutional abridgement of the first amendment anyway - but I'm hearing that while there's nothing wrong with paying for oppo research, you have to list it on your financial disclosures. Team HRC went around that by funneling the money through a law firm (which then lied about hiring Fusion, repeatedly). Could be problematic.

Could also be problematic that the former spy that Fusion GPS hired for the research was likely paying former KGB agents for the dubious "intel" - which means Team HRC was indirectly paying Russians for dirt. In other words, based on what we know so far (and this is only the beginning), this is looking worse than any of the phony "COLUSION" claims leveled against the Trumpster.

I'm a little confused as to the legal difference between what team Trump allegedly did with the Russians and what team Clinton allegedly actually did with the Russians.
This is not judging....but is it?

Jr supposedly talked directly to someone representing Russia and the topic of the meeting was led on to be dirr about opposition. So direct contact with a foreign power.

Vs.

Hillary paid a company to do research on Trump and said do what you will...they in turn hired someone close to Russia who had Trump dirt and Hillary didn't know who they sub contracted...who in turn hired a British spy guy to do it.

No idea...both seem bad.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: October 27, 2017, 02:04:26 PM »
:lol: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/357240-dnc-wasserman-schultz-say-they-were-unaware-of-dossier-payments

I like how all the right-leaning stuff on this describes Christopher Steele as a "foreign spy."  Sounds so much more menacing and less credible than "former British intelligence officer."

More menacing and less credible? It's just easier to say. They are spies. People refer to directors of NSA and CIA as spies and spymasters all the time. Google it?

If you are correct and they just wanted to save internet ink, wouldn’t they just say “spies”? :dunno:

Or I suppose they figured the reader deserves more detail as to the spy’s nationality, but not so much that they would go ahead and call him a “British spy.” Is that what you think?

I don’t know whether it would be worse if you are actually this naive or if you would just rather pretend to be instead of acknowledging obvious earmarkings of propaganda in stories like this.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: October 27, 2017, 02:50:02 PM »

This is not judging....but is it?

Jr supposedly talked directly to someone representing Russia and the topic of the meeting was led on to be dirr about opposition. So direct contact with a foreign power.

Vs.

Hillary paid a company to do research on Trump and said do what you will...they in turn hired someone close to Russia who had Trump dirt and Hillary didn't know who they sub contracted...who in turn hired a British spy guy to do it.

No idea...both seem bad.

Either way, using a proxy to do something you apparently  can't do yourself.  Seems the exact same to me.

Like Bill Self giving Doug Compton $10k to give to Josh Jackson, and pretending like it's not against the rules because Doug gave him the money. Versus Bill Self hiring Taco Johns to set up an account only Burrito Bill and Josh Jackson have access to, and then Bill deposits $10k into The account for JJ to withdraw, and pretending like it's not against the rules because its a Taco Johns account so they technically paid for it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: October 27, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »

If you are correct and they just wanted to save internet ink, wouldn’t they just say “spies”? :dunno:

Or I suppose they figured the reader deserves more detail as to the spy’s nationality, but not so much that they would go ahead and call him a “British spy.” Is that what you think?

I don’t know whether it would be worse if you are actually this naive or if you would just rather pretend to be instead of acknowledging obvious earmarkings of propaganda in stories like this.

Spook is what spies call each other. Intelligence officer is what bureaucrats call spies so it doesn't sound like they're spying on others when they are.

It's like calling a janitor a sanitation technician, or calling a prison guard a rehabilitation officer.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: October 27, 2017, 03:51:08 PM »
Yeah I never even considered she broke the law with that one, unless buying info that comes from a foreign country is a crime.  All that episode showed is that she is shady, dishonest, and willing to deceive people to win which I think we already knew.

Then seems to me you’ve answered your own question about whether Hillary has broken any serious laws here.

the only one I had heard about was people accusing a combination of Hillary, Barack, Mueller, Comey and others in the administration of knowing about, hiding, and getting benefits from selling the uranium that nobody can figure out why you would sell to end up in Russian hands.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: October 27, 2017, 04:03:56 PM »
The US can't sell uranium to Iran, we have to sell it to them through Russia.

They also let Russia indirectly buy like 10% of the US oil refining capacity.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: October 27, 2017, 04:12:17 PM »
Let me ask you this... have you ever considered why the FBI chose to brief Trump on this absurd dossier shortly after his election, and only then did the media divulge the existence of the dossier, despite the fact that it had been shopped around to these same media outlets for months preceding the election and was deemed too absurd to touch? Why do you think the FBI did that? Do you think maaaaaybe it was to provide the pretext necessary for the media to finally "break the story"?

This is the stupidest rough ridin' theory I've heard on this blog and I just read about KU fans being convinced they are getting Harbaugh.

Come on now, even I wouldn't stoop to comparing the liberal hysteria around here to KU delusion. Let's play nice. To expound a bit more on the theory (and it is just a theory until we learn more)....

8) Jim Comey personally briefed Trump on the dossier, shortly before CNN reported it

As confirmed by the Washington Post, the Russia-Trump COLUSION narrative was a Clinton campaign political operation. The dossier itself was shopped around by Fusion GPS a year ago to The New York Times, the Washington Post, Yahoo News, The New Yorker, and CNN, according to lawyers for the ex-spy who worked on the dossier. The dossier was so unverifiable that the only reporter to bite was from Mother Jones.

What really got the ball rolling on last year’s Russia-Trump conspiracy theory, then, was not the dossier itself but the briefing of it by Obama intelligence chiefs to President-elect Trump in January. Former FBI head Jim Comey admitted under oath that former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper asked him to personally brief President Trump about this dossier. The fact of that meeting was quickly leaked to CNN.

Given the dossier’s many problems, was the entire purpose of the meeting to produce the leak that the meeting happened? No one was biting on the dossier and it needed legitimization by opponents of Trump. If the dossier was so shoddy that it was debunked in hours after BuzzFeed posted it in all its salacious glory, why brief the president and president-elect on it, much less leak it? What was the real purpose of that meeting, and that leak to CNN?

http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/25/top-10-things-to-know-about-dossier/

So your theory is that the dossier was available for months, FBI/Obama wanted to sabotage Trump, and FBI/Obama knew briefing Trump would get the dossier in the media.

Giving you all of that, why on earth would they wait until after the election?  It makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe because everybody thought Hillary was going to win easily?

Ordinarily, this theory would seem like a bit of a stretch, but James Clapper is increasingly looking like a never-Trumper partisan hack, and the fact that he personally interceded to ask Comey to brief Trump and Obama on a dossier that had not been corroborated, a briefing which then immediately leaked to the media, is very suspicious. It looks like a political dirty trick.

You seriously believe the people that you think will stop at nothing to tear down Trump didn't use it because they were taking it easy on Trump? Meanwhile, the media that you believe attacks and fabricates stories about Trump constantly, needed some pretext to report on it.  Also, you think the FBI should of withheld telling Trump about the existence of the dossier. 

Far more likely is that the Dem's didn't use it because the information it contained was pretty outlandish and unusable without any corroboration or proof.  The media didn't print the article until it came to the bottom of the barrel of media outlets for the same reason.  The FBI briefed Trump on the documents existence, not only because it is about the incoming President himself, but because any truth to the allegations could have an effect on national security.  Even if the media was waiting for something from higher up to validate the dossier in any way, they only got it when the leakiest of leaky staffs let the information out.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: October 27, 2017, 06:56:47 PM »
The US can't sell uranium to Iran, we have to sell it to them through Russia.

They also let Russia indirectly buy like 10% of the US oil refining capacity.

Yeah, they are saying that this whole operation may be treasonous.  I just don’t know what to think about all this.  :frown:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: October 27, 2017, 08:54:29 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: October 27, 2017, 08:55:55 PM »
Should have known given all the whatabout Hillary stuff this week.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: October 27, 2017, 08:58:20 PM »
Who is Free Beacon?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: October 27, 2017, 09:00:07 PM »
Seems rushed, Mueller reportedly has a conflict of interest and people have called for him to recuse

The Big Train

« Reply #3190 on: October 27, 2017, 09:01:02 PM »
Can’t wait for the juicy details as this unfolds :popcorn:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: October 27, 2017, 09:01:42 PM »
This is going to be so much fun.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: October 27, 2017, 09:11:56 PM »
Seems rushed, Mueller reportedly has a conflict of interest and people have called for him to recuse

RIGGED

(unless it’s Hillary)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: October 27, 2017, 09:14:58 PM »
Would not be at all surprised if he does have a conflict of interest though. Pretty much everyone connected to this administration does.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: October 27, 2017, 09:15:57 PM »
Serious question, do you think they are gonna throw the book at Manafort?  Really kick his ass?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: October 27, 2017, 09:30:36 PM »
trump twitter going to be lol (more than usual which is already max lol)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: October 28, 2017, 07:01:06 AM »
Welp.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/924077410038849537

I hope this is very :popcorn:

Most likely it will be very underwhelming. :cry:

And what, No leaks? Man, Comey was such a boob.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: October 28, 2017, 07:03:26 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #3198 on: October 28, 2017, 07:04:35 AM »
Comey worked for Mueller. 

As this has unfolded Lib Hero/Villain, James “unilateral decision” Comey has come off as a real putz. 

An indictment of Manafort would be oh so three months ago.

Come on, where’s the beef!? 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #3199 on: October 28, 2017, 08:33:09 AM »
Trump fired Comey to protect Manafort? Makes sense!