Author Topic: Cause a war over hacking.  (Read 26998 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Cause a war over hacking.
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2017, 11:17:36 AM »
Sad when dax has to resort to lies to keep up his pro trump agenda and talking points
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Cause a war over hacking.
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2017, 11:24:02 AM »
It's part of it.  The reason I know of it is because it was shared a bagillion times on FB by some of the pubs I know, and with comment about how this is what libs lead to. 

It's ok to recognize propaganda as a problem.  It's ok to allow that propaganda can sway opinion.   

Also, in this glorious pit you are basically a hyperbole machine.  Input anything and output is something lacking all reason, nuance, or reality.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Facebook shares of RT articles swayed the election? 

Stop it CNS, I can't breath #doubletears

I never said propaganda wasn't a problem, like for example CNN and others completely hammering home a false narrative about the election outcome based on utterly ineffective and antiquated polling methodologies.   

But reread what you're posting and think about how whackadoddle it sounds.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2017, 11:24:59 AM »
Dax, think avg American.  Are more of them logging into CNN or Facebook?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2017, 11:25:27 AM »
It's been fun watching people who normally readily subscribe to conspiracy theories attempt to discredit this as one.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »
As I noted, it's part of it.  Part/= whole ( just in case a diff representation help understanding.)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2017, 11:34:52 AM »
Dax, think avg American.  Are more of them logging into CNN or Facebook?

Your going to continue to roll with that? 

Not people signed up, but how many people actually use FB as their sole source of news and form all views of the world based on what they see on FB, and specifically things like RT?  I know in the post election ProgLib New McCarthyite Meltdown you want to think that number is in the millions but in reality it's likely numbers in the the thousands (as in not even six figures) . . . at most.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2017, 11:37:27 AM »
It's been fun watching people who normally readily subscribe to conspiracy theories attempt to discredit this as one.

Readily subscribe?  You've lost, but funny meltdown none-the-less. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2017, 11:38:34 AM »
I heard an interview about cable news during the primaries. It centered around why parties don't try to do something to address a lot of the inflammatory bullshit on MSNBC or fox news.  The person (some past political aide) said that cable news is such a small percentage of where voters actually get their news that it only attracts those looking for confirmation, not information. 

Anecdotally, I know far more ppl that read headline summaries only, on social media, and that is their source of news.  Tons.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2017, 11:45:29 AM »
I heard an interview about cable news during the primaries. It centered around why parties don't try to do something to address a lot of the inflammatory bullshit on MSNBC or fox news.  The person (some past political aide) said that cable news is such a small percentage of where voters actually get their news that it only attracts those looking for confirmation, not information. 

Anecdotally, I know far more ppl that read headline summaries only, on social media, and that is their source of news.  Tons.

You're giving social media way too much credit and instantly concluding that reading a news "headline" on social is the absolutely foundation of millions of people's world view. 

When in reality, the number of people who base their entire world view on news headlines posted on social media likely doesn't even hit six figures.

You're insane with this tact.   But this the melt down to end all meltdowns.

The Big Train

« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
It's not surprising Dax, who is in his late 60's, doesn't know how much social media actually influences the world

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »
What would it take to convince you guys that Russia did it?

What's weird is they vote for Trump and don't even care that what he says he won't come close to do or has any knowledge of what he is talking about but they demand some sort of concrete evidence of out of the intelligence guys in a topic 90% of the population would have no idea what that evidence says if it was put right in front of them.

Hard for me to reconcile those two things....But that's how populism works I guess.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2017, 11:49:32 AM »
The same age group that complains about how much younger ppl are always on their phones don't understand what those on their phones are looking at on their phones.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2017, 11:51:58 AM »
What would it take to convince you guys that Russia did it?

What's weird is they vote for Trump and don't even care that what he says he won't come close to do or has any knowledge of what he is talking about but they demand some sort of concrete evidence of out of the intelligence guys in a topic 90% of the population would have no idea what that evidence says if it was put right in front of them.

Hard for me to reconcile those two things....But that's how populism works I guess.
Can you even imagine how much blood they would demand if trump came out and said that the cyber shows evidence of hacking? 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2017, 11:52:19 AM »
The same age group that complains about how much younger ppl are always on their phones don't understand what those on their phones are looking at on their phones.

So now you're saying that "younger people" are reading RT headlines on their phones, and running and replacing their "Feel The Bern" stickers with Trump -Pence stickers?

You're in the midst of a total meltdown, friend
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:06:32 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »
It's not surprising Dax, who is in his late 60's, doesn't know how much social media actually influences the world

Not in my late 60's and engaged in dealing with cyber security in the K-12 and higher ed market.   I'll let you figure out who uses those platforms and what content causes the greatest security and utilization challenges.

But the theme here is RT and similar on social media forming the entire world view of MILLIONS of people.   Social media news, which according to some on here is the exclusive domain of  "young people".  So using that logic and the meltdown logic. Millions of young voters abandoned Hillary (and Bernie) for Trump because RT and similar news headlines on social media. 

Hilarious

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2017, 12:15:38 PM »
Have you guys ever read RT?  Couple weeks before the election, they ran a story that our real unemployment rate was 41% and that there has not been any recovery. 

If you guys think that there has been no attempt to effect our elections, what is the motivation for such stories?

I mean, you realize this is half the discussion about them effecting the election, right?  When fake news is discussed, this is a big part of the discussion.

I had never heard of it until that report, which makes sense because it's basically russian pbs and only available to me if I were to search for it on youtube.

I can't believe Ed Schultz has a show on that channel, but he's a known commie, so not surprised.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
Didn't djt use the 41% stat?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2017, 12:26:21 PM »
The libtard meltdown over trump is unprecedented. So propoganda is only unacceptable if it comes from an obscure russian tv channel? Home grown propoganda which has far greater affect on the election is totally tolerable, so long as they decide it's not of the fake news tally.

If these people weren't so incompetent, stupid and crazy to the point of losing credibility this would actually be quite horrifying. It's still rather unsettling that the libtards are virulently and openly attempting to suppress free speech.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2017, 12:29:39 PM »
I should also add that the overt effort to undermine a valid democratic election, while completely unsurprising, is also very unsettling.

Here's hoping Trump suspends the writ of habeas and locks these treasonous ass holes up. JK

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »
The report reads like textbook examples of rudimentary propaganda tactics. 

I thought we were going to get proof that the Russians hacked us.

#shrug

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2017, 12:37:15 PM »

I'm not sure I'm ready to call it a conspiracy, more like a misinformation campaign to rile up useful idiots like cns.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »
Nothing gets ProgLib Nation in total lockstep with their government then a vague, nebulous and cryptic report issued by the government. 

Goebbels would have cried tears of joy.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2017, 12:41:12 PM »
The report reads like textbook examples of rudimentary propaganda tactics. 

I thought we were going to get proof that the Russians hacked us.

#shrug

Lol...Quite a coup to get all these intelligence agencies to say the same thing...Yet demand no proof that twitter president has any evidence behind any of his tweets or statements. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:45:27 PM by Phil Titola »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »
Was the Kremlin Trump party like crazy Fetty Wap style or laid back cigars and vodka style?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »
Didn't the Podesta emails reveal that the dnc engaged in efforts to promote trump as a legitimate and viable candidate? Yes. Did those email show collaboration between camp hilltard and the cnn, the nyt and other so-called legitimate news sources? Yes.

And we're supposed to be concerned with a "hacking" campaign that resulted in those email being published because it undermines our democracy? LOFL

This is rough ridin' psychotic.