Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1068169 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #2150 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:10 PM »
No joke.  I don't have a problem with the statement that the U.S. is not so innocent when it comes to global problems, but the partisan reaction to it is crazy.  Conservatives would have been calling for impeachment if Obama said that.  Also, you cannot forget the context of the statement.  It was to avoid having to admit that Putin is a bad guy that has been connected to some very bad/shady things.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: February 15, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »
I like how Dax is making sure to mention "deep state" in every post lately. Very Brietbart-y

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: February 15, 2017, 01:28:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/julianassange/status/831858565535129600

Even more fascinating is a political movement that historically has called for the dismantling of the Intelligence complex in the United States at various points in the last 60 years.  Now clings to every word from unnamed sources coming from that community and dwells in a world of abject paranoia. 

Diabolically duplicitous, yet psychotic.

Even more puzzling would be why would he IC work to support the efforts of the political unit that has most threatened it's existence?

Because their guy is gone and they thought they were going to get their woman.   Their guy basically unlocked the gates and let them do whatever they wanted for the most part.   They're clearly opposed to any rapprochement with Russia.

Anyone who has paid any attention at all would  :lol:  at the outrage from the left when Trump said we've been up too bad things as well when he was on with O'Reilly.   It's yet another living example of the hypocrisy of the left.   This whole foreign policy moral high ground that the left is suddenly on in light of U.S. foreign policy since the Clinton administration and essentially since the executive branch quit seeking actual declarations of war from Congress is a fascinating study.   It really points out how the left ostensibly has no compass at all besides the compass of being in power.

I think this example truly denotes the level of partisan hypocrisy on both sides.

Trump is right we have committed/sponsored many shameful unfortunate engagements. 

What would have been the conservative response had Obama made such a declaration?

People lost their damn minds when he bowed to lowly.

No doubt conservatives would have lost their mind, but the pronounced flip-flopping by the left is vastly greater in scope and scale.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: February 15, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »
it's shocking that a president (let alone a Rep) would say that, especially as a means to compare us to Putin

that's it

i believe many reasonable people would have the same shocked response

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: February 15, 2017, 01:38:07 PM »
it's shocking that a president (let alone a Rep) would say that, especially as a means to compare us to Putin

that's it

I agree, but to be quite honest, a Pres or anyone else if they were really telling the whole truth, would have to say that at least in the last 30 or so years, the U.S. has been a far worse actor on the world stage than Russia has been.    The U.S. has practiced hegemony in a post WWII environment on levels that supersede Russia (and all other nations combined) by factors that are difficult to even comprehend in 2017.   The difference is, we do a better job of killing them, and then killing the remnants with kindness (with noted exceptions such as Syria and Libya).

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: February 15, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »

that's it

I agree, but to be quite honest, a Pres or anyone else if they were really telling the whole truth, would have to say that at least in the last 30 or so years, the U.S. has been a far worse actor on the world stage than Russia has been.    The U.S. has practiced hegemony in a post WWII environment on levels that supersede Russia (and all other nations combined) by factors that are difficult to even comprehend in 2017.   The difference is, we do a better job of killing them, and then killing the remnants with kindness (with noted exceptions such as Syria and Libya).

Russia didn't have the option. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: February 15, 2017, 02:08:32 PM »

that's it

Gosh, that's a great reason to feel better about ourselves!  Thanks Dug!

Hey hundreds of thousands of dead people, 'Merica! Eff Ya, amirite!?  Woot!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: February 15, 2017, 02:18:37 PM »
I loved the "great negotiator" "art of a deal" exchange between Trump and Netanyahu

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: February 15, 2017, 02:19:07 PM »
Favorite moment in Trump presidency yet. The whole press conference.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: February 15, 2017, 02:28:49 PM »

that's it

Gosh, that's a great reason to feel better about ourselves!  Thanks Dug!

Hey hundreds of thousands of dead people, 'Merica! Eff Ya, amirite!?  Woot!

You should read

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: February 15, 2017, 02:30:20 PM »
Okay Captain Cryptic

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: February 15, 2017, 03:13:55 PM »
Wow, I totally missed that the FBI went to the FISA court during the Obama administration to get permission to spy on the Trump campaign.

Wow, new lows.

Watergate II?

Of course now I remembering that McCain was involved as well, and if there's one guy out there who is absolutely gunning for war with Russia, it's that guy. 

What a sad sorry group of War Ghouls the Left has enmeshed themselves in . . . a total paradigm shift from what the left used to stand for.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: February 15, 2017, 03:26:43 PM »
McCain now (once again) calling on Trump to send lethal aid to the Ukraine to help expel Russian backed Rebels from Crimea.   :lol:

Has anyone seen Dug and War Ghoul John McCain in the same room at the same time??

Can somebody please beat that guy and put him out to pasture once and for all?

The Big Train

« Reply #2163 on: February 15, 2017, 03:44:30 PM »
Resorting to violence....sad.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: February 15, 2017, 05:41:02 PM »

that's it

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since WWII?
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: February 16, 2017, 07:01:33 AM »
Edn whackadoo strikes again

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: February 16, 2017, 07:31:59 AM »
http://www.newsweek.com/allies-intercept-russia-trump-adviser-communications-557283

I liked the part that implied that it is Trump's business deals that were a concern with the Philippines while really saying it's the overall Western response to the domestic situation that's driving a wedge into US-Philippines relations, which as we all know were going swimmingly during the previous administration (hey let's embolden the mullah theocrats lopping the heads off of LGBT people and building ballistic missiles but give the Government of the Philippines . . . a democracy BTW . . . a hard time about their war on drugs and Islamic insurgents). :thumbsup

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: February 16, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: February 16, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »
Trump can't win. This is going to be about Obama for 4 years. I hope DJamer ups his game.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: February 16, 2017, 02:41:18 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: February 16, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »
Hahahaha what a guy.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: February 16, 2017, 02:56:57 PM »
SEE YOU IN COURT!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: February 16, 2017, 04:11:22 PM »
http://www.newsweek.com/allies-intercept-russia-trump-adviser-communications-557283

I liked the part that implied that it is Trump's business deals that were a concern with the Philippines while really saying it's the overall Western response to the domestic situation that's driving a wedge into US-Philippines relations, which as we all know were going swimmingly during the previous administration (hey let's embolden the mullah theocrats lopping the heads off of LGBT people and building ballistic missiles but give the Government of the Philippines . . . a democracy BTW . . . a hard time about their war on drugs and Islamic insurgents). :thumbsup

The fact that this is all one giant run-on sentence is just so positively daxian.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: February 16, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »

The fact that this is all one giant run-on sentence is just so positively daxian.

Great post, what depth!