Author Topic: West World thread  (Read 37303 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: West World thread
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2016, 02:03:23 AM »
Watched the first epi. This show is hot garbage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

for posterity

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2016, 08:14:00 AM »
In the first episode, they said there hadn't been an accident in the park in 30 years. Surely that has to correspond somehow with the MIB coming there for 30 years....surely that accident was Arnold's accident....

Also, Dolores is the oldest host and she has been there "since the beginning". She is eventually going to remember who the MIB is.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2016, 04:59:40 PM »
One thing that another forum I'm on has discussed is the possibility that William is a young MiB.  Note that Delores had a conversation with Bernard the night when she was staggering through the wild and happened upon William and his brother (?) and later woke in their camp.  Maybe there was some reverie tomfoolery.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2016, 10:34:40 PM »
One thing that another forum I'm on has discussed is the possibility that William is a young MiB.  Note that Delores had a conversation with Bernard the night when she was staggering through the wild and happened upon William and his brother (?) and later woke in their camp.  Maybe there was some reverie tomfoolery.
That and if they are different characters, Luke Hemsworth's character (security guy) appears in both.

BUT, what if the twist is that both he and Bernard are robots, thus not aging between scenes?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2016, 10:47:25 PM »
That and if they are different characters, Luke Hemsworth's character (security guy) appears in both.

BUT, what if the twist is that both he and Bernard are robots, thus not aging between scenes?

Walk me through the security guy in both if you can recall a scene? 

People also note a change in WW logos as evidence for this.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2016, 11:08:23 PM »
Are you suggesting that the scenes with William actually happened 30 years ago? But we know that Dolores has been many characters over time so she wouldn't have been Dolores back then.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »
Are you suggesting that the scenes with William actually happened 30 years ago? But we know that Dolores has been many characters over time so she wouldn't have been Dolores back then.
We don't know exactly the timeline of when things could have occurred.  I don't think we know actually how long 'westworld' as it sits now has been around.  For instance Wincott's Old Bill (wish/hope he was in this more) is an old bot, many generations old, but we don't necessarily have a time frame for his use.  Delores is clearly been upgraded, but it seems like the baseline animatronics seem to suggest she is a bit more advanced than Old Bill.  I think they've only confirmed she is one of the oldest of the best generation of bots that can be used in many rolls in Westworld, but we don't know too much else.  Haven't all of her reveries been related to her time as Delores as well?  It's only been her father that accessed old rolls in other narratives. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2016, 11:29:20 PM »
Didn't Dolores have some first person flashbacks? I can't remember for sure if they pivoted to third person, but there were some times when we couldn't actually see what she looked like.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2016, 11:49:30 PM »
Didn't Dolores have some first person flashbacks? I can't remember for sure if they pivoted to third person, but there were some times when we couldn't actually see what she looked like.
yeah she has had flash backs, but I thought they were all as Delores?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2016, 08:00:19 AM »
yeah she has had flash backs, but I thought they were all as Delores?

But in the first person flashbacks we are seeing from her eyes....maybe she wasn't Dolores then....we don't know.

But, I did find this Reddit that explains the William's storyline is in a past theory...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Westworld_Hosts/comments/58qfv4/breakdown_of_the_multiple_time_periods_theory/

P.S. That guy that William is with is his soon to be brother-in-law.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2016, 10:54:48 AM »
Is anyone still watching West World?

Is Laurence's appearance after MiB killed him an indication of an earlier timeline or did they just fix him up real quick and send him back into the park?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »
Could be either Mrs gooch and I'm excited to find out.

I thought this episode advanced the 2 timeline theory a lot, but there are still problems with it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2016, 10:58:04 AM »

Is Laurence's appearance after MiB killed him an indication of an earlier timeline or did they just fix him up real quick and send him back into the park?

Last night, I was thinking there must be two timelines, but the more I think about it, that just doesn't make much sense. I think they just fixed him up and put him back in the park.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2016, 10:58:10 AM »

purposely ambiguous, "someone will be by to get him soon." as MIB leaves.  But it is certainly evidence if you want it to be.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2016, 11:06:36 AM »
OK, so MiB is definitely a human because another guest knew him from outside the park. The guy recognized him as some big wig from some company....which points to him being either William or Logan (Williams's future BIL) because they both seem to be high/mid level executives (30 years ago?).

BUT the problem with the 2 timeline theory is that Dolores seems to be evolving in William's timeline but then she was just a farm girl in MiB's timeline....so if there are two timelines then she evolved and then got reset back or something.

MiB is definitely in current time because he interacted with Ford (unless Ford is an unaging robot).

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2016, 11:11:51 AM »
OK, so MiB is definitely a human because another guest knew him from outside the park. The guy recognized him as some big wig from some company....which points to him being either William or Logan (Williams's future BIL) because they both seem to be high/mid level executives (30 years ago?).

BUT the problem with the 2 timeline theory is that Dolores seems to be evolving in William's timeline but then she was just a farm girl in MiB's timeline....so if there are two timelines then she evolved and then got reset back or something.

MiB is definitely in current time because he interacted with Ford (unless Ford is an unaging robot).

mib is definitely a host, that has been obvious for a while now.  The employees have said "he gets what he wants" several times before.

I am interested in who is hacking the hosts and for what end.  competitors?  hackers wanting to compromise high profile guests?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2016, 11:14:20 AM »

mib is definitely a host, that has been obvious for a while now.  The employees have said "he gets what he wants" several times before.

I am interested in who is hacking the hosts and for what end.  competitors?  hackers wanting to compromise high profile guests?

OK, if MiB is a host (which is what I originally thought) then how did that guy recognize him a couple of episodes ago? He is a robot built to look like a real person?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2016, 01:31:01 PM »
show that doesn't make sense and is wholly ambiguous is great show  :blank:

good grief

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »

OK, if MiB is a host (which is what I originally thought) then how did that guy recognize him a couple of episodes ago? He is a robot built to look like a real person?

Oh sorry, I meant definitely a guest.  I mixed up my terms.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2016, 08:56:24 AM »
In the William storyline, they mention  that the place "Started as a partnership, but one of the partners killed himself"  And since then its been hemorrhaging money.  In the MiB line, he mentions its been 35 years since Arnold's death.  The park would have trouble staying open running in the red for 35 years.  Plus, the William's Brother-in-law talks about Arnold's death, it was like it'd happened more recently than 35 years ago.  In that same encounter, the MiB makes mention that he helped save the park when Arnold almost took it down, but its carefully worded not to say he had any direct involvement with Arnold's death (though its implied on first listen)  This combined with with the 1st episode dropping that its been 30 years since the last incident in the park as of the MiB timeline, lines the timelines up nicely.

The only thing that's not lining up at all is how several Delores flashbacks have the MiB in the same timeline as she shares with William.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »
bump to get some more kat kid theories for clams to make fun of.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »
show needs more Xerxes

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2016, 06:32:52 PM »
bump to get some more kat kid theories for clams to make fun of.

westworld theories don't exist.  because the show doesn't exist.  sorry for mind_blown.exe on you.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 07, 2016, 04:49:51 PM »
Pretty sweet Yul Brenner homage in last night's episode.  Cool easter egg or foreshadowing a bigger plotline later on? 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2016, 07:59:36 PM »
I'm fully on board with double timeline.

Can't wait to see what maeve has up her sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk