Author Topic: PS Vue/Sling TV  (Read 54021 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Sling TV
« Reply #175 on: November 22, 2016, 02:57:19 PM »
Also, you don't need to get HBO through PS.  You can just get HBO now from HBO separately. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2016, 03:00:42 PM »
do you guys do all this crap as a hobby or is it really worth it to save $50 a month?

For me, yes.

I'm happy for you though that you are independently wealthy and don't have to worry about it clams!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »
do you guys do all this crap as a hobby or is it really worth it to save $50 a month?

For me, yes.

I'm happy for you though that you are independently wealthy and don't have to worry about it clams!

i'm only saying that it seems like a lot of work, like- more than $50 a month's worth of work

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 22, 2016, 03:08:15 PM »

For me, yes.

i'm only saying that it seems like a lot of work, like- more than $50 a month's worth of work

Initially, maybe, but I think once in place it will be good. I have two TVs, one will be hooked up to a playstation we already have and the other will have a firestick. Seems easy enough for saving $600 per year.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 22, 2016, 03:20:48 PM »
It takes maybe 20 min to set up and a trip to your cable office to drop off your equipt.  After that, its just like watching cable but using a different remote, basically.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2016, 03:23:34 PM »

For me, yes.

Initially, maybe, but I think once in place it will be good. I have two TVs, one will be hooked up to a playstation we already have and the other will have a firestick. Seems easy enough for saving $600 per year.

Now that my contract is up with Uverse and my discounts have expired, my Uverse bill is $253 this month.  With PS Vue and separate internet from Google Fiber I will save $125/mo. 

I was told PS Vue can have up to 5 simultaneous streams under one account.  So I will no longer be getting ripped of $20/mo for extra boxes.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2016, 03:26:28 PM »
We aren't saving as much, but still just under $1k/yr.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2016, 04:16:12 PM »
Which one of you can I pay to come set this up at my house?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2016, 04:26:12 PM »
We can walk you through it ITT easily IMO
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2016, 04:53:49 PM »
If you can dl Tapatalk,  you can set this up.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2016, 04:47:39 PM »
Which one of you can I pay to come set this up at my house?
lolz at the idea of not having cable.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2016, 08:38:43 AM »
I will officially be cutting cable on Friday.  Playstation Vue gives me everything I need (which is actually quite a bit).  I'm also moving to AT&T Fiber.  Same price as Google Fiber and they can install it on Friday.  Google gave me an install date of June 2017.   :lol:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2017, 09:44:13 AM »
I just cut Cox TV and kept internet. I went with Apple TV and added PS Vue. I will get more sports channels than I had before (now will have all the ESPNs) and save $45 a month.

I really like the Apple TV format too. The remote is nice and I can use my phone as a remote if I want, also the AirPlay Mirroring from all of our iPhones and iPads is great. It was well worth spending another $50 for the device over Roku or Amazon or whatever.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: PS Vue/Sling TV
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »
YouTube Tv is launching soon with a similar format as PSvue in a few months.  All the competition in this space is fantastic.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »
YouTube Tv is launching soon with a similar format as PSvue in a few months.  All the competition in this space is fantastic.

And they pretty much encourage account sharing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »

Yes it is.

And man those Cox people are relentless when you cut something. First they put you on hold for 20-30 minutes, then they talk to you, put you on hold again, give you a new "deal" and finally will do what you ask. Its annoying.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2017, 09:54:12 AM »

Yes it is.

And man those Cox people are relentless when you cut something. First they put you on hold for 20-30 minutes, then they talk to you, put you on hold again, give you a new "deal" and finally will do what you ask. Its annoying.

In the future, just go to the store. You have to return the cable box anyway and they seriously don't hassle you at all. I think they know people try to game the retention department for better rates so they make the phone as difficult as possible.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »
Good point.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2017, 10:26:34 AM »
when i switched to google fiber, i had to drop off my twc equipment at their office.  the guy at the counter seriously asked, "so why are you leaving us for google fiber?"  i laughed and asked him if he was being serious.  he was.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2017, 10:38:57 AM »
when i switched to google fiber, i had to drop off my twc equipment at their office.  the guy at the counter seriously asked, "so why are you leaving us for google fiber?"  i laughed and asked him if he was being serious.  he was.

Yeah, I just said it was better and he was like "cool"

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2017, 10:45:09 AM »
i took the guy outside to the parking lot and gave him the ass beating of his young life

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
PS Vue/Sling TV
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2017, 10:49:08 AM »
I just cut Cox TV and kept internet. I went with Apple TV and added PS Vue. I will get more sports channels than I had before (now will have all the ESPNs) and save $45 a month.

I really like the Apple TV format too. The remote is nice and I can use my phone as a remote if I want, also the AirPlay Mirroring from all of our iPhones and iPads is great. It was well worth spending another $50 for the device over Roku or Amazon or whatever.

Roku is definitely a bit behind in this area. Not all their fault, though. Some newer PCs and phones will let you mirror and cast over Roku now.

Offline halfEmpty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »

Yes it is.

In the future, just go to the store. You have to return the cable box anyway and they seriously don't hassle you at all. I think they know people try to game the retention department for better rates so they make the phone as difficult as possible.

A guy I lived next to up here worked for TWC in the retention department.  His base pay was pretty meager but he got a very nice bonus for every person he talked into staying with TWC.  Somewhere in the realm of 20-30K/year in bonuses.  So at least for TWC, how much they want to make depends on it as well. He was required to go through the whole spiel even if both parties know the end-game is basically the same package/cost as they previously had.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »
i took the guy outside to the parking lot and gave him the ass beating of his young life

You gotta do what you gotta do

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2017, 11:35:43 AM »
I got the free Apple TV DirecTV Now deal. Apple TV is good. Slightly better than the Fire TV, unless you have a 4K tv. DirecTV Now sucks. Picture quality is great. It's fast to change channels, but the stream is glitchy, very few app logins, and no DVR. Thinking about switching to Vue.