Author Topic: PS Vue/Sling TV  (Read 54022 times)

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sling TV
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2016, 09:12:46 PM »
That is so gross

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »
We switched over from SlingTV to Playstation Vue this past month since the Royals' season is over. (not as much need for FSKC)

Playstation Vue is a much better product than SlingTV. The absolute only thing that Sling has that's a 'plus' is the option to have FSKC. If PS Vue adds that, it's a no brainer.

DL the Fox sports app and it gives you the option to register it via your PS Vue subscription as the provider.  Boom, you have FSKC, just no dvr for it.
Really, really hope this works. Would be like finding a huge stash of noodie mags back in the day with lots of thick, curly bush inside them. (not actual curly bush, pictures)

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2016, 02:38:24 PM »
I have the maximum speed cox internet and tv packages minus movie channels. It's great guys.
Nice humble 'look at me, I'm rich' brag there, fella.  :dubious:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2016, 03:13:39 PM »
sling guys.. am I going to be able to watch the game tomorrow on fox sports Midwest??

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2016, 03:42:13 PM »
sling guys.. am I going to be able to watch the game tomorrow on fox sports Midwest??

Well, were you?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:32 AM »

Well, were you?
Confirmed! Cats Man

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2016, 10:55:36 AM »
We switched over from SlingTV to Playstation Vue this past month since the Royals' season is over. (not as much need for FSKC)

Playstation Vue is a much better product than SlingTV. The absolute only thing that Sling has that's a 'plus' is the option to have FSKC. If PS Vue adds that, it's a no brainer.

DL the Fox sports app and it gives you the option to register it via your PS Vue subscription as the provider.  Boom, you have FSKC, just no dvr for it.
Really, really hope this works. Would be like finding a huge stash of noodie mags back in the day with lots of thick, curly bush inside them. (not actual curly bush, pictures)
Was hoping that the Cat game this past Saturday would be on FS Go, but it was not. I was stuck listening to StanVision.

My setup again; PS Vue, Kodi, basic cable.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'll need to switch back over to SlingTV next MLB season. (or MLB.TV with a blackout workaround)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2016, 11:11:26 AM »

Was hoping that the Cat game this past Saturday would be on FS Go, but it was not. I was stuck listening to StanVision.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'll need to switch back over to SlingTV next MLB season. (or MLB.TV with a blackout workaround)

Very strange because I watched the Cats on FS Go on Saturday with no issues.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »

I think the availability of regional Fox Sports games on FS Go is determined by your location and possibly your cable package if you get a sports package that adds other Fox regional channels.  This may also apply for almost all of the Webercats noncons.

TJ, is Fox Sports Midwest your local Fox Sports (meaning are you in KS or Missouri?)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2016, 11:16:27 AM »
I don't think FSGo is an option for sling subscribers.

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2016, 11:18:50 AM »

I think the availability of regional Fox Sports games on FS Go is determined by your location and possibly your cable package if you get a sports package that adds other Fox regional channels.  This may also apply for almost all of the Webercats noncons.

TJ, is Fox Sports Midwest your local Fox Sports (meaning are you in KS or Missouri?)
I am located in Manhattan, KS. Home of the Cats.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2016, 12:16:54 PM »
I just googled it and found this, don't know if it helps or not: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vue/comments/51ixwo/cant_activate_fox_sports_go_with_ps_vue/

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:32 PM »
In my case, I have Fox Sports Go installed and it works just fine. Problem was the Cat game just simply wasn't made available on it.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2016, 01:45:14 PM »

Same

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2016, 11:42:07 AM »
I think AppleJack has convinced me to cut the cord.   :thumbs:  PS Vue has everything I need.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2016, 11:46:56 AM »
I think AppleJack has convinced me to cut the cord.   :thumbs:  PS Vue has everything I need.

Tell me more, ie. how does it work using iPhone or iPad? I know others have given input, but I like getting as much as I can before I make the decision.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2016, 01:12:56 PM »

Tell me more, ie. how does it work using iPhone or iPad? I know others have given input, but I like getting as much as I can before I make the decision.

From what I've been told (haven't experienced myself yet), PS Vue works great on Apple TV, Amazon FireStick, PC, and Roku.  It does not required a PS4 to use the service. If you purchase the package that includes HBO, you automatically have HBO Now as well.

AppleJack said he is able to watch all his teams (Chiefs, Royals via FoxSports Go, and all Cats games).  DVR is cloud based with unlimited space. 

What functionality specifically are you looking for on iPad and iPhone?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »

From what I've been told (haven't experienced myself yet), PS Vue works great on Apple TV, Amazon FireStick, PC, and Roku.  It does not required a PS4 to use the service. If you purchase the package that includes HBO, you automatically have HBO Now as well.

AppleJack said he is able to watch all his teams (Chiefs, Royals via FoxSports Go, and all Cats games).  DVR is cloud based with unlimited space. 

Just the ability to watch games via WatchESPN and Fox Sports Go. I also like that vue is available via roku or firestick.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2016, 01:34:24 PM »

Just the ability to watch games via WatchESPN and Fox Sports Go. I also like that vue is available via roku or firestick.

You do have the ability to use WatchESPN or Fox Sports Go.  Playstation Vue is one of the provider options when logging in.  AppleJack told me he uses a couple firesticks and his PS4.  It does not work with Xbox, but you can still use the HBO Now, Fox Sports Go, ESPN, etc. apps on it. 

For people in the KC Area, Fox Networks channel is Fox Sports Midwest.  More will be added but AJ watched Royals games on Fox Sports Go.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2016, 01:36:21 PM »
Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2016, 02:20:50 PM »
Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Also this:

Watch on Mobile
Download the PlayStation™Vue Mobile app on your favorite Android or Apple device. Log in with your PlayStation™Network account to enjoy live TV on your mobile device.

Compatible with iOS 7.0+, iPad Mini 1st generation and above, iPad 2nd generation and above, iOS 7.0+, iPhone 5 and above, iPod Touch 4th generation and above, and Android OS v4.4+.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2016, 02:24:31 PM »
And this:

Can I record/DVR live TV programs?
Yes! By adding your favorite shows to “My Shows”, you will automatically save them for up to 28 days after they air. On Demand content added to “My Shows” will be saved for varying amounts of time.
Note: Some "On-Demand" and "DVR" programming availability will vary by channel, individual program, and service location.

Why do I see some "On Demand" episodes instead of "DVR" episodes in My Shows? Why can't I "DVR" some shows?
PlayStation™Vue is a cloud-based, streaming TV service. Due to streaming rights, some "On-Demand" and "DVR" programming availability will vary by channel, individual program, and service location.
With My Shows, we will sort available episodes from original air date, to make sure you don’t miss a thing, and so you can watch in order. Occasionally, if a specific episode hasn't recently aired, or we don't have the "DVR" rights for a given show or channel, we'll provide On Demand episodes in their place, when available.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 22, 2016, 02:30:02 PM »
Suggesto: PS Vue offers a 7 day free trial. If you already have Apple TV, Fire TV, Fire Stick or Roku try it out. If not spend $40 on the Fire Stick and get weird with it.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 22, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »
Suggesto: PS Vue offers a 7 day free trial. If you already have Apple TV, Fire TV, Fire Stick or Roku try it out. If not spend $40 on the Fire Stick and get weird with it.

That's my plan. I still have a couple months locked in to Cox and then I'll jump to Vue.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 22, 2016, 02:56:38 PM »
do you guys do all this crap as a hobby or is it really worth it to save $50 a month?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.