Author Topic: Dallas  (Read 47043 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #500 on: July 14, 2016, 04:20:02 PM »
I don't see a person who just insults every other person who doesn't wholesale adopt their pov as being genuinely interested in "engaging" in conversation. Very sociopathic and delusional behavior, per usual.
So true

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 14, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »
I don't see a person who just insults every other person who doesn't wholesale adopt their pov as being genuinely interested in "engaging" in conversation. Very sociopathic and delusional behavior, per usual.

Pot meet kettle

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 14, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »
his point was that america didn't exist 400 years ago, liblib.

Does that mean that the areas that eventually became America had no bearing on culture? Again, irrelevant to the discussion
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #503 on: July 14, 2016, 04:24:29 PM »
Don't know about lib but I ignored emo's point because this, like every other race conversations we've had, he's countering points I haven't made.

This is what my response was about

i can't read emo's mind and don't know exactly what points he was trying to make or what points he was trying to counter.  it seemed to me that at least one point he was trying to discuss was mir's assertion of 400 years of institutional racism/slavery since 1619.

ignoring that 30 seconds of googling 1619 and slavery indicates that it is not precisely accurate*, mir definitely did make that point, and whether emo's entire line of posting was intended to address it or not, it definitely had moved in the direction of addressing it by the time liblib jumped in to state that it didn't address it.

African workers first appeared in Virginia in 1619, brought by English privateers from a Spanish slave ship they had intercepted. As the Africans were baptized Christians, they were treated as indentured servants.

My take:

Mir mentioned 400 years of institutional racism. Emo says that's not true. Mir says 16 whatever Emo says well Iceland killed some Spaniards.

The 400 years thing was not about white people should feel bad for stuff in the 1600's, but to show the length and the magnitude that systematic racism has entrenched itself into american society and how it still effects us today. The 400 years being exactly correct is not really relevant

The institution of slavery ended with hundreds of thousands of dead white men and hundreds of thousands more maimed 150 years ago.

Conflating slavery with the alleged institutional racism of today is beyond disingenious.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 14, 2016, 04:27:27 PM »
Don't know about lib but I ignored emo's point because this, like every other race conversations we've had, he's countering points I haven't made.

This is what my response was about

i can't read emo's mind and don't know exactly what points he was trying to make or what points he was trying to counter.  it seemed to me that at least one point he was trying to discuss was mir's assertion of 400 years of institutional racism/slavery since 1619.

ignoring that 30 seconds of googling 1619 and slavery indicates that it is not precisely accurate*, mir definitely did make that point, and whether emo's entire line of posting was intended to address it or not, it definitely had moved in the direction of addressing it by the time liblib jumped in to state that it didn't address it.

African workers first appeared in Virginia in 1619, brought by English privateers from a Spanish slave ship they had intercepted. As the Africans were baptized Christians, they were treated as indentured servants.

My take:

Mir mentioned 400 years of institutional racism. Emo says that's not true. Mir says 16 whatever Emo says well Iceland killed some Spaniards.

The 400 years thing was not about white people should feel bad for stuff in the 1600's, but to show the length and the magnitude that systematic racism has entrenched itself into american society and how it still effects us today. The 400 years being exactly correct is not really relevant

The institution of slavery ended with hundreds of thousands of dead white men and hundreds of thousands more maimed 150 years ago.

Conflating slavery with the alleged institutional racism of today is beyond disingenious(sic).

Like, your post right here?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 14, 2016, 04:28:07 PM »
yep, as soon as the civil war ended, whites and blacks have been equally treated ever since

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 14, 2016, 04:28:18 PM »
Yeah, slavery probably has nothing to do with systematic racism and race relations in this country.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 14, 2016, 04:32:03 PM »
yep, as soon as the civil war ended, whites and blacks have been equally treated ever since

Quite sociopathic

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 14, 2016, 04:32:20 PM »

This quote just screams:
https://youtu.be/-sfE0Ev6GYk?list=PLF7937A14F342B47D

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 14, 2016, 04:34:21 PM »
When you proglibs get all angered up you're just the cutest.   So great!!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 14, 2016, 04:54:55 PM »
This country (or countries!) needs more segregation.  See Pete's "Breaking up the US" thread before it became ben ji's novela.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 14, 2016, 05:29:47 PM »
his point was that america didn't exist 400 years ago, liblib.

Does that mean that the areas that eventually became America had no bearing on culture? Again, irrelevant to the discussion

maybe i don't understand what the discussion is about (or 11 different people are having eight different discussions).

in my opinion, the central discussion of the day is dancing around the idea of reparations, or some other remedy or corrective for the impact of slavery/institutional racism. mir stated in responses to various posters that he doesn't think descendants of people that developed/supported or upheld those institutions are personally responsible for any remedy and also that he doesn't think "white people" as a group are responsible.  i agree with both of those statements.

that pretty much only leaves political entities as possible responsible parties it is nonsensical to hold a political entity responsible for actions that occurred when it didn't exist, hence any discussion of federal responsibility for institutions that perpetuated institutional racism prior to the existence of the us is irrelevant.  if you want to discuss the potential responsibility of england or of virginia, it might be an interesting discussion.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 14, 2016, 05:48:34 PM »
I don't disagree.  What then is the purpose of listing the grievances to conservatives or Americans or white people or whoever he was listing them for?  Clearly he had a purpose, I'd like to know what the eff it was.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 14, 2016, 05:50:47 PM »
I don't disagree.  What then is the purpose of listing the grievances to conservatives or Americans or white people or whoever he was listing them for?  Clearly he had a purpose, I'd like to know what the eff it was.

You,  Emo, and fsd seem to think they have had no bearing on where we are at today

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 14, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »

You,  Emo, and fsd seem to think they have had no bearing on where we are at today
I think it has a bearing on where they are today.  Are we good now?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 14, 2016, 06:05:50 PM »
i almost let an interesting nugget slide by.  emo, do you consider yourself to be spanish?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #516 on: July 14, 2016, 06:17:53 PM »
The entire process of curing perceived inequalities resulting from prior inequalities by way of future inequalities would be completely asinine, not to mention hyper conjectural and subjective, and by its own process unending.

So blacks get some money now, then in 200 years whites get reparations for that? I suspect most of the mongoloids  (lib, mocat, mir) haven't really thought this through, which explains their childish and unsubstantiated pov and inability to cobble together a coherent position.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 14, 2016, 06:19:04 PM »

Wait, what? You think conservatives are the reason for racism?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 14, 2016, 06:33:50 PM »
In this day and age you probably have more white people that have disdain for blacks because of behavior like Mir's than you have old school redneck racists, nice work fellas :thumbsup:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 14, 2016, 06:44:53 PM »
In this day and age you probably have more white people that have disdain for blacks because of behavior like Mir's than you have old school redneck racists, nice work fellas :thumbsup:

But can the new disdain'rs coexist w/the old school redneck racists in their new exclusive district?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 14, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »

But can the new disdain'rs coexist w/the old school redneck racists in their new exclusive district?

Ask the new black panther party, they're spearheading that now.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2016, 06:55:33 PM »

Ask the new black panther party, they're spearheading that now.

It's not up to them.  In my new americas, racists will be entitled to live isolated from all other races.  Utopia.  But as part of hashing ot the details, I gotta know if there needs to be racist-generational sub-districts.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2016, 07:30:30 PM »

WackyCat08, sit this one out

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2016, 07:32:54 PM »
The entire process of curing perceived inequalities resulting from prior inequalities by way of future inequalities would be completely asinine, not to mention hyper conjectural and subjective, and by its own process unending.

So blacks get some money now, then in 200 years whites get reparations for that? I suspect most of the mongoloids  (lib, mocat, mir) haven't really thought this through, which explains their childish and unsubstantiated pov and inability to cobble together a coherent position.

Feel free to link any post where I've suggested the government "gives blacks some money"

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2016, 07:34:41 PM »

WackyCat08, sit this one out
Sit what out?