Author Topic: Dallas  (Read 47750 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #375 on: July 12, 2016, 09:54:20 PM »
If BLM is a hate group we need to do a much better job of terrorizing white people. I bet far, ksuw, wacky, cat27, stunted, et. al. aren't even afraid to leave the house.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 12, 2016, 09:56:40 PM »
Stopped in Mission at 2 a.m. for running a red light. Did not notice the officer behind me for another block before I stopped. Greeted the officer with my dome light on my hands on the wheel at 10 and 2 with my license and registration in hand. I did not argue the charge or make any excuse. Let go with a verbal warning.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #377 on: July 12, 2016, 09:57:55 PM »
Is there some kind of strawman building competition going on that only MIR is aware of?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2016, 10:01:48 PM »
The exercise isn't just to tell stories of your cop encounters from which you're at minimum still alive, and in most cases had relatively positive experiences.  It's to think about whether you'd be ok going through that same encounter as a black person.

Tom, you willing to roll the dice on another 2am trip through Mission where you don't pull over for an extra block while black?  Even polite while black?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2016, 10:03:14 PM »
If BLM is a hate group we need to do a much better job of terrorizing white people. I bet far, ksuw, wacky, cat27, stunted, et. al. aren't even afraid to leave the house.
Are you afraid to leave your house in Iowa, MIR? The most aggressive ppl I've seen on this board IRL is you and Trim. PI'ing in Wichita and chasing down kids in Ames. #Accountability

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
It's time for you guys to acknowledge your white privilege.
-trim and the delusional sociopathic hate mongers (ie, the faith militant)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2016, 10:10:05 PM »
 I love black people more than you people do.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2016, 10:12:01 PM »
Mrs. Wacky got pulled over in Salina last year, while we were at a wedding. She was 7 mph over. Got a ticket. I guess she got pulled over for driving a suv or whatever excuse you guys want to make of it.

Let me give this a crack. When you saw the cherries did you entertain the thought that the stop might result in one of you dying? I'm not one, but trust me when I tell you, I'm an expert on being black, there are lots of black people who are afraid of what will happen if/when they get stopped.

Has your wife ever been pulled over for "fitting the description?" I have.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2016, 10:13:09 PM »
pretty much every interaction I had with any authority figure from 16-22 would fit in to the category of amazing that I did not get even so much as beaten down.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2016, 10:14:33 PM »
Let's all cow tow to the irrational thought processes of the ignorant. We're trying to advance society here

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2016, 10:16:52 PM »
To the attention whore thread :cheese:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2016, 10:27:39 PM »
Are you afraid to leave your house in Iowa, MIR? The most aggressive ppl I've seen on this board IRL is you and Trim. PI'ing in Wichita and chasing down kids in Ames. #Accountability

Wait what, do tell about chasing down kids in Ames, not aware Trim does this. I have no rough ridin' clue what PI'ing in Wichita means. Also why is it relevant that I'm not afraid to leave my house, did I say I was? I think I've made it clear that my experiences being black are not typical. I sincerely think you have a lot of trouble with comprehension.

#NotAMonolith

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2016, 10:32:22 PM »
I've gotten more warnings than anyone I know. I once got a warning driving 80 in a 65 in Marion County on my way to a football game. I'm also a master at code switching. I also know how to play the game. I think I get bonus points for being different when expected when people encounter me. This is usually good with white people but before I mastered code switching it wasn't as pleasant being around black people.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2016, 10:41:07 PM »
Breaking News // Several local law enforcement agencies have lined the north and south bound lanes of I-135 between Kellogg and K-96
http://ksn.com/2016/07/12/law-enforcement-lines-the-interstate-in-preparation-for-black-lives-matter-protest/

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2016, 10:44:49 PM »
All these outlets of normal justice, but here we are?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2016, 10:46:47 PM »

what on earth are you talking about

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 12, 2016, 10:49:49 PM »

what on earth are you talking about

Is it sad that I know exactly what he's trying to say?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 12, 2016, 10:54:34 PM »
GWB had a way better speech in Dallas than b.o.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 12, 2016, 11:10:08 PM »
"All Lives Matter" is now some sort of hate crime or racial slur.

The Tenors are deeply sorry for the disrespectful and misguided lack of judgment by one member of the group acting as a 'lone wolf' today...

The other members of the group are shocked and embarrassed by the actions of Remigio Pereira, who changed the lyrics of our treasured anthem and used this coveted platform to serve his own political views.

Our sincere apologies and regrets go out to everybody who witnessed this shameful act, to our fellow Canadians, to Major League Baseball, to our friends, families, fans and to all those affected.

The actions of one member of this group were extremely selfish, and he will not be performing with The Tenors until further notice.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 12, 2016, 11:16:13 PM »
Somebody ought to inform the monolith

KHP Troopers blocked the off ramp of I-135 to keep protesters from getting on to the interstate as protesters chanted in unison, “Black lives matter, all lives matter!”

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 12, 2016, 11:40:01 PM »

The Tenors are deeply sorry for the disrespectful and misguided lack of judgment by one member of the group acting as a 'lone wolf' today...

The other members of the group are shocked and embarrassed by the actions of Remigio Pereira, who changed the lyrics of our treasured anthem and used this coveted platform to serve his own political views.

Our sincere apologies and regrets go out to everybody who witnessed this shameful act, to our fellow Canadians, to Major League Baseball, to our friends, families, fans and to all those affected.

The actions of one member of this group were extremely selfish, and he will not be performing with The Tenors until further notice.

hate crime? I mean it's ignorant and definitely has racist undertones, but none of The Tenors are going to jail.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 12, 2016, 11:51:58 PM »

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/17030389/tenor-causes-stir-working-all-lives-matter-statement-o-canada-asg

The change happened during the middle portion of the anthem, which is often sung in French at sporting events.

Pereira unexpectedly sang: "We're all brothers and sisters. All lives matter to the great.''

The normal lyric is "With glowing hearts we see thee rise. The True North strong and free.''

Although the audio wasn't crystal-clear at the park, many fans reacted with surprise when they saw the sign on the ballpark video scoreboard. The Canadian anthem wasn't shown live on U.S. television, but it aired in Canada, where the Tenors' decision lit up social media with overwhelming criticism of the change.

"All Lives Matter" has become a common online response in recent months to the "Black Lives Matter" movement, particularly after the police shootings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile.

The motivations and ethnicities of the proponents of the "All Lives Matter" response vary, but it has received heavy criticism. The phrase is widely perceived to use reductive reasoning to trivialize the problems specifically facing blacks.

Seems appropriate for the singers to apologize primarily to Canadians irked by the guy's decision to alter their national anthem in whatever way he decided to, as well as to others affected by the message (one "widely perceived to trivialize problems specifically facing blacks").

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 13, 2016, 12:00:15 AM »
hate crime? I mean it's ignorant and definitely has racist undertones, but none of The Tenors are going to jail.

it's not ignorant, nor does it have racist undertones.  some, possibly most, of the people that use it are and/or do, but that's not the same thing.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 13, 2016, 12:14:59 AM »

it's not ignorant, nor does it have racist undertones.  some, possibly most, of the people that use it are and/or do, but that's not the same thing.

I should have said "using it in modern context" is ignorant and/or has racist undertones. you are correct that the three words together do not.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 13, 2016, 12:33:49 AM »
i meant more than the literal words.

for example, the white kid who was murdered in fresno.  some friends of his started using a hashtag (or maybe it was facebook, not sure) whitelivesmatter to promote memorials and protests and whatnot.  they got some pushback that the phrase was racist or insensitive or whatever.  which, i suppose it's possible that some of his friends are.  however, is it not more likely that they were frustrated that the murder of their friend wasn't getting the attention that they felt it deserved, and chose a phrase they felt appropriate to that sentiment?

in context of this case, for example, i'd argue that those who were criticizing the friends of the murdered person were insensitive and had failed to understand context, rather than the reverse.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."