Author Topic: Dallas  (Read 47689 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2016, 03:36:59 PM »
I'd have been comfortable up until the point the officer asked me to step outside the vehicle.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
Man, these examples.... CASE CLOSED!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2016, 03:38:58 PM »
I'm a month late renewing my tags, because being slammed with wedding stuff, and I have a break light out in the back of my car. I'm aware of these things. I hope I can make it home tonight before it gets dark, because I know what I have coming for me if I don't.  :frown: Breaking rules sucks.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2016, 03:40:04 PM »
I'm a month late renewing my tags, because being slammed with wedding stuff, and I have a break light out in the back of my car. I'm aware of these things. I hope I can make it home tonight before it gets dark, because I know what I have coming for me if I don't.  :frown: Breaking rules sucks.

Probably nothing. I drove with expired tags for two years and got a warning
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2016, 03:41:36 PM »
Exercise for white gE'rs: Think about some of your encounters you've had w/cops.  Would you have been comfortable, knowing what you know in 2016, going into those same situations if you were black?

Coincidentally, the last encounter I had w/a cop off the top of my head was as a passenger in MIR's car when he got pretextually pulled over for a brake light being out or something and held for DWB in Salina.

the last time I had an interaction with an on duty cop, I had to talk myself out of handcuffs after instigating a bar fight inside of Longhorns. I definitely would have gone to jail that night had I not been white/ interning for a local police department.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2016, 03:42:05 PM »
Why not just change the brake light on your way home?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2016, 03:43:44 PM »
Exercise for white gE'rs: Think about some of your encounters you've had w/cops.  Would you have been comfortable, knowing what you know in 2016, going into those same situations if you were black?

Coincidentally, the last encounter I had w/a cop off the top of my head was as a passenger in MIR's car when he got pretextually pulled over for a brake light being out or something and held for DWB in Salina.

I would be much less comfortable if I were black. But I am also much less comfortable swimming in the ocean after watching Jaws. I really can't say for sure the extent to which these fears are justified or simply influenced by media.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2016, 03:47:11 PM »

Yea, the most expensive individual fake ticket I got was for running a red light.  Cop pulled up behind me while I was stopped at the red light.  Light goes green.  I go and then he pulls me over a 1/4 mile later. 

When I asked him why he pulled me over after he asked for my license and insurance, he stammered for a good 90 seconds and then blurted out that I ran the red light.  I told him that I most certainly did not run the light and asked him why I would run a red light that I had been stopped at and especially after I saw him pull up behind me. 

The cop made me get out of the car to talk to him at that point.  He asked me no less than 5 times if he could search my car.  I politely told him no each time.  Then he kept inventing reasons to keep talking to me.  When he couldn't think of anything else (and after two cars of his buddies showed up), he finally wrote me the red light ticket (fine was somewhere around $150.  Lawyer got it dismissed for $250).

So what rule did I break there Wacky?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »
3 years ago, I sped through a school zone, got pulled over for it and slammed with a big ticket by an african american cop. Went to QT to get some awesome taquitos and came back the same way. The officer had pulled over a african american girl for the same thing, pretty young girl, but he let her go with a warning.  :frown: I know it, because I had my window down and she kept saying "thank you so much! I won't do it again!" What a racist pig!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2016, 03:50:36 PM »

Yea, the most expensive individual fake ticket I got was for running a red light.  Cop pulled up behind me while I was stopped at the red light.  Light goes green.  I go and then he pulls me over a 1/4 mile later. 

When I asked him why he pulled me over after he asked for my license and insurance, he stammered for a good 90 seconds and then blurted out that I ran the red light.  I told him that I most certainly did not run the light and asked him why I would run a red light that I had been stopped at and especially after I saw him pull up behind me. 

The cop made me get out of the car to talk to him at that point.  He asked me no less than 5 times if he could search my car.  I politely told him no each time.  Then he kept inventing reasons to keep talking to me.  When he couldn't think of anything else (and after two cars of his buddies showed up), he finally wrote me the red light ticket (fine was somewhere around $150.  Lawyer got it dismissed for $250).

IDK. I wasn't there. I'm only hearing one side of the story. Are you African American? Did this influence it?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2016, 03:51:50 PM »
3 years ago, I sped through a school zone, got pulled over for it and slammed with a big ticket by an african american cop. Went to QT to get some awesome taquitos and came back the same way. The officer had pulled over a african american girl for the same thing, pretty young girl, but he let her go with a warning.  :frown: I know it, because I had my window down and she kept saying "thank you so much! I won't do it again!" What a racist pig!
Point being, if you want to make irrational decisions based off a few mere examples, go for it I guess.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 12, 2016, 03:52:18 PM »
IDK. I wasn't there. I'm only hearing one side of the story. Are you African American? Did this influence it?

Hispanic, and, yes, that influenced it. 

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 12, 2016, 03:53:28 PM »
Point being, if you want to make irrational decisions based off a few mere examples, go for it I guess.

Amazing how small sample sizes seem to matter when it comes to this but not when it comes to analyzing police shootings.  #mathishard

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 12, 2016, 03:55:10 PM »

Are you implying that the cop ran your plates, saw your last name is Jimenez or something, and then pulled you over?

And then he saw that you were white and wrote you ticket anyway?

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 12, 2016, 03:59:02 PM »

Are you implying that the cop ran your plates, saw your last name is Jimenez or something, and then pulled you over?

There's a little bit more to the story that I left of for privacy reasons. 

Cliff notes: Cop ran my tags.  Assumed I was related to someone.  Wrote the ticket after busting my balls. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 12, 2016, 04:03:13 PM »
There are no non-business encounters I've had w/cops in which I'd have been adequately comfortable if I'd been black.  That includes walking home (in which I was given a free ride, before uber even existed!).  Not sure about comfort levels when working with or above them.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 12, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »

Cliff notes: Cop ran my tags.  Assumed I was related to someone.  Wrote the ticket after busting my balls.

I guess, this story isn't exactly relevant at all to the point you are trying to make.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 12, 2016, 04:06:17 PM »
There are no non-business encounters I've had w/cops in which I'd have been adequately comfortable if I'd been black.  That includes walking home (in which I was given a free ride, before uber even existed!).  Not sure about comfort levels when working with or above them.

One of my favorite stories is asking a cop for a ride home at 3am and level 7 and eating a microwave gas station burrito in the back while he chauffeured me home

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 12, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »

I guess, this story isn't exactly relevant at all to the point you are trying to make.

You might have had a point if I wasn't related to who he assumed I was related to. 

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 12, 2016, 04:07:25 PM »
Elchapofrog

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 12, 2016, 04:08:17 PM »
Have you seen the videos on FB where white cops are video taping themselves or being video taped playing with minorities in the street? Having to scream in terms: "See, i'm not racist!" I feel so sad that's the direction that cops have to go, to not look like a vilian in the community. Feels forced.

That's all this officer posts now.  :frown:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 12, 2016, 04:09:35 PM »
One time I was very clearly assaulted by some Asians, plenty of witnesses, buddy got sent to the ER, and still the charges were dropped.  White cops and prosecutor.  At the time I wished they had been racists.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 12, 2016, 04:09:49 PM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 12, 2016, 04:13:08 PM »

You might have had a point if I wasn't related to who he assumed I was related to.

In either case, you got a ticket because of a relation, not because of your race (white).

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 12, 2016, 04:14:19 PM »

That's all this officer posts now.  :frown:

I'm starting to think you can't handle facebook any more