Author Topic: Gender Issues  (Read 43221 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: Gender Issues
« Reply #500 on: February 27, 2021, 08:41:04 PM »
Straight up praying for you and your family.

Sorry

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 27, 2021, 09:20:43 PM »
That's terrible man, thoughts to the wackyfam
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 27, 2021, 11:15:19 PM »
Mansplaining to super libs is not my job here. Acting like you care about c43 feelings isn’t either. Some of you are quacks and don’t want to admit it. I can’t believe you all convinced us all to vote for war monger Biden. You all should feel ashamed and duped. I know I do by following your lead. 🤦???

crap Whacky, they duped me into voting for the war monger; also, Bernie wasn't having any of that crap.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 27, 2021, 11:21:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your dad, wackster. Sending your family positive vibes.
Thanks, man. No reason for me to be a dick all day about politics. I feel like a huge Dumbass right now.

OH, now I see why gender is such an issue.  Seriously, T's & P's for your dad.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2021, 12:10:41 AM »
 Yeah, it's the pit and I was just happy to see my old friend cf3 pop in and make the point that' we don't have to talk serious irl in order to meet up.  We can just meet our old friends with no reason.

And wacks, I really rarely pray but I'll throw one up for your pops man.  We are all in this together.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 28, 2021, 11:56:58 AM »
Hope he’s doing better wack!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 28, 2021, 12:03:09 PM »
Thanks fam. Looks like it could have been a lot worse. Looks like he’ll need a back brace and surgery soon. crap sucks! It was windy yesterday. Not sure what he was thinking.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 28, 2021, 12:10:40 PM »
Hopefully he has a speedy recovery!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 28, 2021, 01:26:27 PM »
Wack tell your dad not to identify as a leaf anymore

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 28, 2021, 01:59:25 PM »
 :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 03, 2021, 04:40:06 AM »
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1365662976548610048

I'm 100% certain the bible doesn't address transgender issues. Of course the homie Al Green is speaking the gospel. People have misrepresented the bible and God since day one. You'd think making up things about God wouldn't be Christ like at all but that doesn't stop people from doing it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 03, 2021, 05:06:42 AM »

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1365382394514128900?s=21

Is she wrong?
Anything can be transphobic if you do it to undermine or offend trans people. So if she’s right, the word itself really isn’t helpful to define anything.

Something can be transphobic (or racist, etc.) even if it wasn't intended to be

She's super wrong about gender reveal parties being transphobic, I know it's an opinion but it's as wrong as having the opinion that the equator is just a social construct. If gender reveal parties are transphobic that means she's saying any acknowledgement of gender is wrong.

Learning the gender of your baby by seeing a sonogram, transphobic.
The hospital putting the gender of the baby on the card that goes on the plexiglass bassinet, transphobic.
Telling your parents the gender of your baby, transphobic.
Giving your child a non gender neutral name like Demetria Devonne or Demi, transphobic.
Circumcision, transphobic.
Using infant growth projection charts, transphobic.
Accepting balloons that say "It's A Girl," transphobic.

I think there is actual tangible harm in blurring the lines on what's considered transphobic, anti-Semitic, racist, etc. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging the gender of a baby, or identifying someone's race those things aren't bigotry at work and making people feel that way is counterproductive.

Much in the same way that wacky and the outrage peddlers on the right consider anything they don't want to do or that hurts their feelings, cancel culture. People that use that phrase are the absolutely most controlled puppets on the planet, almost cult like. Using that term in the context of this conversation is ultra-ironic and hits to the heart of why it's absolutely moronic. This woman is expressing an opinion, frankly a really narrow minded opinion, but one nonetheless, and we have outrage robots whining about this woman expressing an opinion. It's like a race to see who can make the most banal point, the winner gets to be the biggest ignorant jackass.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 03, 2021, 07:39:58 AM »
Yep, well said
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 03, 2021, 08:00:19 AM »
Did you just call me cult-like, MIR?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 03, 2021, 08:00:42 AM »
I don't have time for this today. Have a good one.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 03, 2021, 08:21:46 AM »
Not really the thread for it, but the interesting thing about the "cancel culture" outrage to me is that for libertarianism to properly function, something like "cancel culture" has to exist, and it's the self-proclaimed libertarians that cry about it the most.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 03, 2021, 08:39:00 AM »
Yes. It’s been said before, but no one seems to hate the free market more when it comes to social issues than the guys who want low taxes and small government to stay out of their lives.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 03, 2021, 09:45:25 AM »
She's super wrong about gender reveal parties being transphobic, I know it's an opinion but it's as wrong as having the opinion that the equator is just a social construct. If gender reveal parties are transphobic that means she's saying any acknowledgement of gender is wrong.

Learning the gender of your baby by seeing a sonogram, transphobic.
The hospital putting the gender of the baby on the card that goes on the plexiglass bassinet, transphobic.
Telling your parents the gender of your baby, transphobic.
Giving your child a non gender neutral name like Demetria Devonne or Demi, transphobic.
Circumcision, transphobic.
Using infant growth projection charts, transphobic.
Accepting balloons that say "It's A Girl," transphobic.

that's a pretty reasonable response, but I think you're mixing gender and sex - biological information in a medical setting is not the same thing as pink fireworks. But yeah, a lot of society is transphobic on some level! it's like the "everyone's a little bit racist" puppet song.

Gender reveals were targeted because they are pretty wildly hated by non-participants already and it started a decent conversation about transgender issues.

I think there is actual tangible harm in blurring the lines on what's considered transphobic, anti-Semitic, racist, etc. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging the gender of a baby, or identifying someone's race those things aren't bigotry at work and making people feel that way is counterproductive.

what is the tangible harm in not throwing a gender reveal party? What is the harm in painting a nursery grey or green instead of pink or blue or naming a kid Alex or giving balloons that say "congratulations" instead of "it's a girl!"?

I used this analogy before, but if a kind middle-aged Western Kansan met you and said "wow you're articulate" is that guy doing any harm? He might be a racist, but I'm sure he doesn't think he is. Is it worth explaining to folks like this why a black man might take offense to that? It really might not be depending on the situation, but is having a conversation with SOMEONE about why that can be considered offensive going to cause tangible harm? Or is it a worthy discussion to have in an effort to educate and make all types of people feel like they belong in our society?

Much in the same way that wacky and the outrage peddlers on the right consider anything they don't want to do or that hurts their feelings, cancel culture. People that use that phrase are the absolutely most controlled puppets on the planet, almost cult like. Using that term in the context of this conversation is ultra-ironic and hits to the heart of why it's absolutely moronic. This woman is expressing an opinion, frankly a really narrow minded opinion, but one nonetheless, and we have outrage robots whining about this woman expressing an opinion. It's like a race to see who can make the most banal point, the winner gets to be the biggest ignorant jackass.

yeah the post (which she borrowed) didn't call for anyone to be cancelled. It was like a "hey, I think gender reveals are transphobic, here's why" in a way to get people thinking about it, not to shame or call for boycotts or anything. the goal was to educate and start a discussion.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gender Issues
« Reply #518 on: March 03, 2021, 09:50:44 AM »
“What is the harm in telling people how they should paint rooms in their own house?”

-Actual non-ironic question posed by mich

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 03, 2021, 09:55:48 AM »
“What is the harm in telling people how they should paint rooms in their own house?”

-Actual non-ironic question posed by mich

I don't think you should tell people how to paint their rooms

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 03, 2021, 10:17:59 AM »
A small quibble because I agree with kRusty that people get too sensitive when other people try to bring up an alternative point of view, but I don't like calling these transphobic. Transphobic has connotations of hate and fear and makes people instantly shut down because they don't see themselves as hating or fearing trans people. Something like cis-centric or something would be better, but maybe that's too much liberal babble for people too. I dunno.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 03, 2021, 10:54:59 AM »
What is the definition of the term "transphobic"?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 03, 2021, 11:00:29 AM »
I’ve always understood it and used it to define any policy, opinion, or person that does not accept trans people having equal rights, standing, status, or worth. I’m certainly not the most versed in it though. I’m sure others understand it differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 03, 2021, 11:05:45 AM »
I’ve always understood it and used it to define any policy, opinion, or person that does not accept trans people having equal rights, standing, status, or worth. I’m certainly not the most versed in it though. I’m sure others understand it differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I would define it, but then again that probably makes me transphobic to some
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:04 AM »
Yes. It’s been said before, but no one seems to hate the free market more when it comes to social issues than the guys who want low taxes and small government to stay out of their lives.

It really is something, probably my favorite thing about them, or in general why I feel any "libertarian" is a "libertarian" except for their "excepts", they all have some sort of "big gubment" solution to something they hate, and I love when they do it. Literally all of them have that.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla