Author Topic: Gender Issues  (Read 43220 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: Gender Issues
« Reply #375 on: October 24, 2019, 01:52:52 PM »
After puberty? :dunno:

Better for the moral conscience of you, LN, 8man, and SD, worse for the kid. You guys think that when this mom had and raised a boy that she wanted a kid that is having gender identity issues and all that comes with that?

Having that kid wait until puberty to change her gender is a recipe for extreme bullying by children and adults. I illustrated the story I did so you can see a real world example of this that worked out well for the kid.

again i don't believe my opinion matters at all in this case and the family should advance in a manner that is best for the child family

as we are sharing personal stories however I recently worked with a young person (12) who has identified as a boy for three years now and is currently choosing to identify as gender fluid and sometimes id's as a girl again

great kid

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 24, 2019, 02:22:43 PM »
After puberty? :dunno:

Better for the moral conscience of you, LN, 8man, and SD, worse for the kid. You guys think that when this mom had and raised a boy that she wanted a kid that is having gender identity issues and all that comes with that?

Having that kid wait until puberty to change her gender is a recipe for extreme bullying by children and adults. I illustrated the story I did so you can see a real world example of this that worked out well for the kid.

again i don't believe my opinion matters at all in this case and the family should advance in a manner that is best for the child family

as we are sharing personal stories however I recently worked with a young person (12) who has identified as a boy for three years now and is currently choosing to identify as gender fluid and sometimes id's as a girl again

great kid

Thanks LN

I can't imagine the anguish of having to deal with this, on top of everything else that comes with being a tween in our society today. I have another camper who is 14, born female and switches between being identified as male and gender fluid. This has happened within the last year and a half. He isn't doing nearly as well as my two younger transgender campers. He identified as female for 13 years and changed his gender identity either during or after puberty. It's hard for him, his parents, little sister, and everyone who's known him. The fact that he has very well defined physical features makes it hard for kids around him and makes him a target.

It's why I can't understand people who view these children and or their parents as something less than or even evil. It's not something anyone would ever want to go through, if given a choice.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 24, 2019, 02:23:55 PM »
this seems like a pretty good guide if you genuinely want to learn more.

https://transcare.ucsf.edu/guidelines/youth

Thanks
Yes, thanks. I'm going to read up on this.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 25, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 18, 2021, 03:49:59 PM »
I've seen that on FB and I'm curious why it's getting attention now. It's from 2013.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gender Issues
« Reply #381 on: February 18, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »
Why stop caring at the chromosomal level? Anyone with genes that cause them to grow over 6’ 8” should be in their own league IMO.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 18, 2021, 08:08:00 PM »
When Olga Firsova was looking like that, dominating the Big 12, nobody said a damn thing.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 18, 2021, 11:43:38 PM »
Connecticut runners part of debate over transgender athletes

https://apnews.com/article/dcbca5cf940548628dba351f6c91bcd9

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Andraya Yearwood hears the comments, usually from adults and usually not to her face.

She shouldn’t be running, they say, not against girls.

Yearwood, a 17-year-old junior at Cromwell High School, is one of two transgender high school sprinters in Connecticut, transitioning to female.

She recently finished second in the 55-meter dash at the state open indoor track championships. The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.

Miller and Yearwood also topped the 100-meter state outdoor championships last year, and Miller won the 300 indoors this season
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 10:07:02 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 19, 2021, 01:38:59 AM »
Who cares

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2021, 08:01:44 AM »
Oddly enough the ones who care are the same ones who say there need to be winners and losers in sports to toughen kids up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2021, 09:50:28 AM »
exactly.

For all of this to make sense you have to operate under the ridiculous premise that men are transitioning just so they can be successful low level athletes. All of the headaches and bullshit you have to put up with to transition is completely worth it to win a 2A high school race in track, to make tens of dollars as a local human cage fighter, or to play in the third division of women's professional basketball in New Zealand. Totally worth it for the thousands of dollars in surgeries and hormone treatments, being a pariah, the high murder rate, and knowing half of the population believes you're better off dead.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2021, 09:54:44 AM »
exactly.

For all of this to make sense you have to operate under the ridiculous premise that men are transitioning just so they can be successful low level athletes. All of the headaches and bullshit you have to put up with to transition is completely worth it to win a 2A high school race in track, to make tens of dollars as a local human cage fighter, or to play in the third division of women's professional basketball in New Zealand. Totally worth it for the thousands of dollars in surgeries and hormone treatments, being a pariah, the high murder rate, and knowing half of the population believes you're better off dead.

Well said.  I think it's more important for transgender people to be included even if it sacrifices my future daughter's shot at a 4A state tennis title or whatever

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2021, 09:58:30 AM »
kinda OT by my kids second grade teacher (old lady) told them pushups from your knees are called "girl pushups" like we used to call them when I was a kid and I was very WTF. lady, you can't be saying crap like that. I mean, obviously you can for some reason but I don't think you should.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 19, 2021, 09:59:28 AM »
exactly.

Well said.  I think it's more important for transgender people to be included even if it sacrifices my future daughter's shot at a 4A state tennis title or whatever
How noble of you.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 19, 2021, 10:02:22 AM »
I think it's a little ridiculous and unfair, but i also dgaf about women's sports anyway, so whatever.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 19, 2021, 10:05:43 AM »
It bothers me a lot more at the college level and above than it does at the high school level and below. I would have a very difficult time taking an olympic record set by a transgender woman seriously.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 19, 2021, 10:25:06 AM »
It bothers me a lot more at the college level and above than it does at the high school level and below. I would have a very difficult time taking an olympic record set by a transgender woman seriously.
I mean we still count the records that were set in swimming when everyone was literally wearing performance enhancing equipment in 2008. I don’t fully understand the argument unless you’re calling for everyone to do the events naked and use similar equipment as they did when each event was introduced (which TO BE FAIR I do think would be badass).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2021, 10:31:41 AM »
liked these comments from the non-pos republican gov of utah.

https://twitter.com/pbsutah/status/1362548398189019136
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2021, 10:54:58 AM »
I mean we still count the records that were set in swimming when everyone was literally wearing performance enhancing equipment in 2008. I don’t fully understand the argument unless you’re calling for everyone to do the events naked and use similar equipment as they did when each event was introduced (which TO BE FAIR I do think would be badass).

We don't count records for people caught using steroids, and I view it more similarly to that.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Gender Issues
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2021, 11:46:13 AM »
That’s because steroid use is against the rules. We also wouldn’t count a record set this year by someone wearing the same swimsuit they were using in 2008.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2021, 11:59:35 AM »

We don't count records for people caught using steroids, and I view it more similarly to that.

Athletes have been cheating forever. It wasn't a baseball thing that only lasted for a decade.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2021, 12:01:10 PM »
I just don't see how this could ever be perceived as a problem in amateur athletics?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »
This thread is really delivering.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 19, 2021, 12:37:54 PM »

Well considering most Olympic sport governing bodies perform hormone testing, I doubt you'll ever have to worry about it. Caster Semenya is a real world example of someone who was harmed because we as a society can't figure out how to deal with gender.