Author Topic: Gender Issues  (Read 43214 times)

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Gender Issues
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2016, 08:40:44 PM »
Is the Fedor-sys hypothesis that at least 99% of men would score at least 99% on your test? Where 100% on the test means you are only attracted to exclusively men or women?

i think fedor did state that back in the beginning, but not for just men.  i said 90/99.  that's not necessarily my best guess, though.  more of my price-is-right rules guess.  also it would be my dreams excluded guess.  i'd maybe want something more like 90/98 for dreams inclusive.
I was  thinking 95/95 but if we are to be paired up I would defer to sys.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2016, 08:45:21 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2016, 08:53:05 PM »
:dubious:

precision demands data.

I just want to know how I could hypothetically test your claim without you changing definitions half-way through.   I mean you could be right, but it's hard to know when you are vague. I could say:
An egg is one of the biggest objects in the Universe, but its not clear how I am defining biggest.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »
:dubious:

precision demands data.

I just want to know how I could hypothetically test your claim without you changing definitions half-way through.   I mean you could be right, but it's hard to know when you are vague. I could say:
An egg is one of the biggest objects in the Universe, but its not clear how I am defining biggest.
So....see you in a couple years or are you going to statistically analyze studies already performed.  if it is the latter, don't bother.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2016, 09:08:43 PM »
Neither.  I don't have the vested interest in this particular topic as you do.  I just wanted to understand you.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2016, 09:09:21 PM »
I just want to know how I could hypothetically test your claim without you changing definitions half-way through.

i don't believe i've changed definitions even once.  and i'm not a big fan of hypothesis testing.  popper was an idiot.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2016, 09:12:13 PM »
Neither.  I don't have the vested interest in this particular topic as you do.  I just wanted to understand you.
So can declare victory and move on...kthanxbai.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2016, 09:13:35 PM »
I just want to know how I could hypothetically test your claim without you changing definitions half-way through.

i don't believe i've changed definitions even once.  and i'm not a big fan of hypothesis testing.  popper was an idiot.
You haven't changed, wasn't trying to imply you have, but that you might.

I like measuring and comparing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2016, 09:15:22 PM »

me too.  i hate imposing a priori hypotheses on exploratory research.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2016, 09:21:19 PM »

so 95%?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2016, 09:27:10 PM »

me too.  i hate imposing a priori hypotheses on exploratory research.
I see, and don't disagree.  It can be damaging to do so.

I am not sure this is exploratory research, but that's another discussion probably.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »

so 95%?
Could be, I don't know. I haven't been counting. If you makes you feel better you can make it any % you want though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2016, 09:29:38 PM »
I am not sure this is exploratory research.

probably not.

Offline BrokenSky1113

• Fan
  • Heaper of Wampums
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2016, 09:40:56 PM »
If you ever had a dream that you were getting a BJ and you look down to see that it is a guy giving it......then you are less than 100%. IMO.
I think it would take a lot less than that to be less than 100%. Just being aroused by seeing or thinking about a BJ makes you less than 100% IMO.

But really, even a spectrum based on percentages is a far too simplistic way to define sexual attraction.

No way you can hold people responsiable for what they dream. A vast majority of people just dream random stuff.
"yeah he (she???) is probably the worst fan we have" - Meow Meow

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2016, 09:46:25 PM »

so 95%?
Could be, I don't know. I haven't been counting. If you makes you feel better you can make it any % you want though.
You are probably more emotional about this than I am. As evidenced by your lying.  Of course you know.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »

If you ever had a dream that you were getting a BJ and you look down to see that it is a guy giving it......then you are less than 100%. IMO.
I think it would take a lot less than that to be less than 100%. Just being aroused by seeing or thinking about a BJ makes you less than 100% IMO.

But really, even a spectrum based on percentages is a far too simplistic way to define sexual attraction.

No way you can hold people responsiable for what they dream. A vast majority of people just dream random stuff.

You can't really control attraction, either, can you? So it seems like dreams could be a useful set of data.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2016, 09:54:04 PM »
Look you are clearly upset so I will let you mark me down as 91.74% 

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2016, 09:58:00 PM »
You are obviously a terrible scientist.  The results are contrary to previously held belief so you are rejecting them.  Your "response" is close enough to the truth,but also well below the hypothesis so as not to confirm.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2016, 10:00:55 PM »
Where would a closeted homosexual male who marries a woman and raises a family fall on the spectrum?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »
You are obviously a terrible scientist.  The results are contrary to previously held belief so you are rejecting them.  Your "response" is close enough to the truth,but also well below the hypothesis so as not to confirm.
Where are these results you speak of?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2016, 10:04:17 PM »
I am taking this very seriously. I will rerun the numbers if it will help.  Hold on while I consult the logs.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2016, 10:04:53 PM »
Where would a closeted homosexual male who marries a woman and raises a family fall on the spectrum?
He is likely forcing himself to act the part without any real attraction to his wife.  It is possible to perform the sexual act if stimulated even by someone you are not attracted to.  The potential remains to be 0%.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2016, 10:08:11 PM »

you are really bad at this thread.

in the absence of any other relevant info i'd place them on the mean % for adult male homosexuals, whatever it is.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2016, 10:08:29 PM »

He is likely forcing himself to act the part without any real attraction to his wife.  It is possible to perform the sexual act if stimulated even by someone you are not attracted to.  The potential remains to be 0%.

"real" attraction? How is this defined? At what point does "performing the sexual act" transition to "real attraction"?

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2016, 10:08:45 PM »
Where are these results you speak of?
Chings personal percentage.  I realize for some this is unfair, I think I should quit asking and putting people on the spot.