Author Topic: Wildcat Salute!  (Read 125082 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Wildcat Salute!
« Reply #975 on: September 30, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »
I didn’t realize anyone could get that horned up for sparkly silver helmets with stripes.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 01, 2019, 08:40:25 AM »
Everybody wants new fancy uniforms. They say it will draw recruits and be a fresh start. It will add excitement. Then they don’t win games and nobody gives two cents about their new fancy uniforms. Winning, good coaches, and tradition draws recruits not new uniforms. If you want proof look no further than Bama. Let’s worry about the only relevant and important thing in football - winning games.

Not that I'm against those sweet new uniforms, but this guy^^^ isn't wrong.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 01, 2019, 09:17:51 AM »
Everybody wants new fancy uniforms. They say it will draw recruits and be a fresh start. It will add excitement. Then they don’t win games and nobody gives two cents about their new fancy uniforms. Winning, good coaches, and tradition draws recruits not new uniforms. If you want proof look no further than Bama. Let’s worry about the only relevant and important thing in football - winning games.

recruits and players have all been pretty consistent in saying they love new uniforms grandpa.  if alabama broke out a new uniform their players would go nuts, and it wouldn't turn them into a crap program.  these same dumbasses said our new facilities would make our players entitled and soft. 

tl:dnr - dumbasses are gonna dumbass

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 01, 2019, 09:05:01 PM »
There's nothing like our sparkling silver helmets with the double stripes IMO. They are so unique in college football and they shout who we are. These white ones are so ordinary and remind me of something a lot of other purple clad colleges would wear. Ho-hum.

Without the silver helmets how will I even know which team we are when I'm watching on TV?  What if I'm accidentally cheering for the wrong team the whole time?

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 02, 2019, 08:03:42 AM »

recruits and players have all been pretty consistent in saying they love new uniforms grandpa.  if alabama broke out a new uniform their players would go nuts, and it wouldn't turn them into a crap program.  these same dumbasses said our new facilities would make our players entitled and soft. 

I'm sure they do love them, and I don't really have an issue with them either. My point, as was the original commentor's, was that uniforms have no bearing upon the success of the program, which I believe is true.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 02, 2019, 08:19:09 AM »
so the uniform doesn't actually lead to wins?  that's your point?  thanks grandpa, glad you got that out there.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 02, 2019, 08:19:39 AM »
I'm going to absolutely lose it when this team gets a costly "dancing on the sideline" penalty.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 02, 2019, 08:26:48 AM »
yeah i don't mind them having fun, but the constant dancing is wearing them out, AND IT SHOWS ON THE FIELD, ESPECIALLY SATURDAY!  just save your energy for playing football and winning games in my opinion

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 02, 2019, 08:32:43 AM »

I'm sure they do love them, and I don't really have an issue with them either. My point, as was the original commentor's, was that uniforms have no bearing upon the success of the program, which I believe is true.

it's marketing and making players happy and marketing and happy players can help win football games. Plus it's really low lift marketing and making players happy. Like Klieman didn't have to do crap but say "sure lets get some new helmets" and then go back to watching film or whatever. The reason people don't like it is because it makes old white people uncomfortable when they see young black people having fun, even when it's related to a dumb game they don't get paid to play.

Also my membership to Wildcat Salute is pending :curse:

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 02, 2019, 08:48:20 AM »
Re: the Holcombe transfer news

Quote from: Tim Gottschalk
There is no question that John Holcombe could of been a great athlete. But a Great Athlete would always be open to being critiqued and not cry when his feelings get hurt for being disciplined. When the coaches busted his balls Saturday for the mistakes he made that hurt the team. John could not handle it and got mad at the coaches for having his feelings hurt. I respect him leaving and wish him the best. Because K-state does not need another arrogant player, like QB Daniel Sams was when he was here. Daniel Sams now sits in a prison some where, all because of his arrogant actions.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 02, 2019, 08:49:00 AM »
i still am not 100% sure what wildcat salute is, facebook group?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #986 on: October 02, 2019, 08:49:24 AM »
Whoa.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 02, 2019, 08:50:01 AM »
sams is not in prison wtf

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #988 on: October 02, 2019, 08:50:45 AM »
i still am not 100% sure what wildcat salute is, facebook group?
Yes.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WILDCATSALUTE1/

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 02, 2019, 08:51:55 AM »
They kicked me out years ago. I wasn't racist enough.  :frown:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: October 02, 2019, 09:02:32 AM »
Re: the Holcombe transfer news

Quote from: Tim Gottschalk
There is no question that John Holcombe could of been a great athlete. But a Great Athlete would always be open to being critiqued and not cry when his feelings get hurt for being disciplined. When the coaches busted his balls Saturday for the mistakes he made that hurt the team. John could not handle it and got mad at the coaches for having his feelings hurt. I respect him leaving and wish him the best. Because K-state does not need another arrogant player, like QB Daniel Sams was when he was here. Daniel Sams now sits in a prison some where, all because of his arrogant actions.
Go post this, tell them to buy Daniel’s album
https://youtu.be/y9I21DOGblM
:adios:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 02, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »
Wildcat Salute appears to be the gathering spot for the K State MAGA crowd.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 02, 2019, 09:56:34 AM »
I had no idea what they were talking about with Sams arrest, so to Google I went.

Sams is charged with “accessory after the fact” to four counts: attempted first-degree murder, second-degree murder, armed robbery and home invasion.

Two other Lake Charles men were reported as arrested in the case August 21. Jacolby Cunnigan is the accused killer, while Brandon Davis is charged with armed robbery and home invasion. Cunnigan’s bond is $1.4 million and Davis has a $700,000 bond.

In a bizarre twist, one of the men killed during the invasion was former McNeese State defensive standout Aaron Sam, who Sams tweeted about soon after his death was announced.

Quote from: michigancat
The reason people don't like it is because it makes old white people uncomfortable when they see young black people having fun, even when it's related to a dumb game they don't get paid to play.

lol wat?

Look, I haven't been to this Wildcat Salute group, so I don't know if it really is just a bunch of cranky old dudes or what. However, it's a hell of a stretch for you to say that anyone opposed to uniform changes is a racist old white dude.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 02, 2019, 10:00:21 AM »
anyone opposed to uniform changes is dumb then?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 02, 2019, 10:11:23 AM »
all i know is, sams would definitely not have been charged with murder if he would have spent more time reading the playbook and less time dancing on the sidelines. that's what i know.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 02, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »
anyone opposed to uniform changes is dumb then?

I can't tell if you're struggling to comprehend anything I'm saying or just being a masterful troll?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 02, 2019, 10:25:31 AM »
That Sams stuff was some bumbling louisiana prosecutors and cops trying to get Sams to give them info on other suspected criminals. Sams was a stud throughout the ordeal and BSAC eventually stepped in to help Sams’ family and local attorney make things right.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 02, 2019, 10:39:06 AM »
God bless BSAC
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 02, 2019, 10:44:26 AM »
I had no idea what they were talking about with Sams arrest, so to Google I went.

Sams is charged with “accessory after the fact” to four counts: attempted first-degree murder, second-degree murder, armed robbery and home invasion.

Two other Lake Charles men were reported as arrested in the case August 21. Jacolby Cunnigan is the accused killer, while Brandon Davis is charged with armed robbery and home invasion. Cunnigan’s bond is $1.4 million and Davis has a $700,000 bond.

In a bizarre twist, one of the men killed during the invasion was former McNeese State defensive standout Aaron Sam, who Sams tweeted about soon after his death was announced.

Quote from: michigancat
The reason people don't like it is because it makes old white people uncomfortable when they see young black people having fun, even when it's related to a dumb game they don't get paid to play.

lol wat?

Look, I haven't been to this Wildcat Salute group, so I don't know if it really is just a bunch of cranky old dudes or what. However, it's a hell of a stretch for you to say that anyone opposed to uniform changes is a racist old white dude.

It could also be a racist white lady or gender non-conforming person

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 02, 2019, 12:01:16 PM »

it's marketing and making players happy and marketing and happy players can help win football games. Plus it's really low lift marketing and making players happy. Like Klieman didn't have to do crap but say "sure lets get some new helmets" and then go back to watching film or whatever. The reason people don't like it is because it makes old white people uncomfortable when they see young black people having fun, even when it's related to a dumb game they don't get paid to play.

Also my membership to Wildcat Salute is pending :curse:

At best you're an idiot. At worst a racist (which I know is pretty much synonymous to being an idiot so I guess you're without a doubt an idiot).
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell