Author Topic: Sky's the Limit  (Read 80963 times)

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Sky's the Limit
« Reply #600 on: August 25, 2022, 09:42:14 AM »
I love him

Eyes always downfield, no panic, cool as a cucumber

With a competent coaching staff he could be great
I’m assuming good for another is talking about Skyler here, but he absolutely nails it. If this thread doesn’t emphasize the need for Snyder to retire and what a blessing it was for Skyler Thompson that we hired Chris Klieman, I don’t know what does.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 25, 2022, 09:42:25 AM »
It's gonna be weird as a K-State fan watching him moving forward tho. On paper, not a K-State QB, his intangibles don't fit well with a KSU offense. But they did today, so who cares! Cats!
Wacky = early anti-sky
Nah. We've just never really been a passing team. I knew he could rope it, but we never had the receivers for him.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 25, 2022, 09:44:40 AM »
It's gonna be weird as a K-State fan watching him moving forward tho. On paper, not a K-State QB, his intangibles don't fit well with a KSU offense. But they did today, so who cares! Cats!
Wacky = early anti-sky
Nah. We've just never really been a passing team. I knew he could rope it, but we never had the receivers for him.
Yes, that’s why I mentioned that it was hard to tell pro sky versus anti-battering ram offense

Wacks, where is your bet with OK cat that Skyler would be on an NFL roster?

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 25, 2022, 09:47:05 AM »

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 25, 2022, 09:49:15 AM »
This seals it for me for Thompson. I still love Delton but the TT, OSU and now this speak for themselves.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 25, 2022, 09:51:11 AM »
Wacky = early anti-sky
Yes, that’s why I mentioned that it was hard to tell pro sky versus anti-battering ram offense

Wacks, where is your bet with OK cat that Skyler would be on an NFL roster?
Good call. Dlew found it a few months ago. I honestly don't know. I think it's in here. I believe it got dragged across a couple of threads. I've always loved that MF!

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 25, 2022, 09:52:53 AM »
Watching him move up and side to side in the pocket is beautiful.
To be fair, rain, does not seem to be the kind of guy that makes outlandish claims and predictions rather just stick to the facts, it appears that he has been a team Skyler guy pretty early on in the process.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 25, 2022, 09:55:38 AM »
Now is not the time to get a rational post from a true Cats fan. I can’t wait to see what Sky looks like with a full offseason and some swagger. I hope the bowl game just stokes my hopes instead of crushing them.

He finished the season like my all time guy Sisco did. We better get rid of the QB run game and use our 17,000 running backs or he's gonna face a similar ending fate.

I guess we could abandon our offensive identity and start anew.  Why not?

We're gonna have to. Just watched the KSO postgame and Thompson said he's been hurt the last two games. They're going to ruin him.
Yes, it is becoming obvious that rain is all in on Skyler fairly early

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 25, 2022, 10:00:36 AM »
This year in winning 4 of our last 5, we beat 1-11 KU, 6-6 Tech, 9-3 OSU, and 7-5 ISU.

Last year in winning 5 of our last 6, we beat 5-7 UT, 3-9 ISU, 6-6 Baylor, 2-10 KU, 6-6 TCU.

Last year's team finished with a worse offense and special teams, but better defense.

Thompson impacted each of this year's last 3 wins over bowl teams in dramatic fashion.
wow.  _Fan was a treasure for this board. Curse you, Derek Young for giving him a platform. Anybody know if _Fan is compensated at rivals or if he is making the move with them to on3?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 25, 2022, 10:28:13 AM »
Weird thread. Wacky has definitely always been pro-Sky, not sure that’s debatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 25, 2022, 10:37:17 AM »
The apology thread when Sky goes in the 3rd round is gonna be amazing.

We will all be living in Wacky's world that day.
This thread jumped right over the 2018 crap show. That would be a fun thread to look through for the Delton versus Thompson debates. It doesn’t have the wacky bet that Skyler would make a roster. I would like to find that

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 25, 2022, 10:38:35 AM »
Weird thread. Wacky has definitely always been pro-Sky, not sure that’s debatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That seems to be the general consensus, but I don’t think catastrophe gets enough credit for his Skyler love

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 25, 2022, 11:03:25 AM »
The apology thread when Sky goes in the 3rd round is gonna be amazing.

We will all be living in Wacky's world that day.
This thread jumped right over the 2018 crap show. That would be a fun thread to look through for the Delton versus Thompson debates. It doesn’t have the wacky bet that Skyler would make a roster. I would like to find that

I don't remember anyone openly advocating for Delton over Skylar. I recall people really frustrated with how Snyder handled the QBs but IIRC Alex was not viewed as the guy. I think the last true QB controversy was Jonathan Banks vs. Bazooka Joe.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #613 on: August 25, 2022, 11:40:58 AM »
I wasn't effusive in my praise with Skylar, but I don't think I said anything I would be embarrassed about.