Author Topic: Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?  (Read 97856 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?
« Reply #1525 on: February 28, 2024, 09:37:15 AM »
WE OVER PROMISED AND UNDERDELIVERED. I AM NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO DRIVE THIS SHITBOX 55k MILE CHRYSLER PACIFICA.  :angry:
Man, I already did NOT trust Chrysler/Jeep products and this just confirms my bias.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 28, 2024, 09:39:16 AM »

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 28, 2024, 10:38:49 AM »
WE OVER PROMISED AND UNDERDELIVERED. I AM NOT CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO DRIVE THIS SHITBOX 55k MILE CHRYSLER PACIFICA.  :angry:

ha

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 28, 2024, 12:04:06 PM »
I have a medically challenged family member with a horrible back, so that recliner might be great for me. Would need to try it out.
Yeah, would be great for that.  But again, those seats basically make the third row completely useless.  May be worth it to see if you can just totally remove the third row so you basically have just the recliner seats and a massive trunk when recliner isn't in use.

OT, but my niece has a lot of medical needs and is confined to a wheelchair.  They recently pimped out their KIA telluride so that a ramp can extend out of the trunk, and she can just slide into the a space in the third row. It has all sorts of crazy buckles and stuff that the wheelchair can strap into.  It's extremely badass.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 28, 2024, 12:12:04 PM »
More OT - I was behind one of those sprinter vans on ward Pkwy today and it had a window sticker of the handicap symbol guy falling out of the wheelchair and "CRAP!!!" in a speech bubble
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: February 28, 2024, 12:14:26 PM »
I have a medically challenged family member with a horrible back, so that recliner might be great for me. Would need to try it out.
Yeah, would be great for that.  But again, those seats basically make the third row completely useless.  May be worth it to see if you can just totally remove the third row so you basically have just the recliner seats and a massive trunk when recliner isn't in use.

OT, but my niece has a lot of medical needs and is confined to a wheelchair.  They recently pimped out their KIA telluride so that a ramp can extend out of the trunk, and she can just slide into the a space in the third row. It has all sorts of crazy buckles and stuff that the wheelchair can strap into.  It's extremely badass.

You prob already know this, but Telluride and Palisade is basically a he same car. Telluride is way less girly imo tho. I really like the tricked out telluride from a couple of years ago before they changed the Kia logo.

If you’re going new, the Hyundai warranties are hard to beat. Prob best in the business.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 28, 2024, 12:22:55 PM »
Good thing because Hyundai and KIA engines are white hot garbage

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 28, 2024, 12:25:55 PM »
one cool thing about hyundai/kia is they are free! people leave them sitting around and you can just take one anytime

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 28, 2024, 12:29:54 PM »
Good thing because Hyundai and KIA engines are white hot garbage

This used to be very true, but it’s no longer the case. It’s part of the reason why the brands have been offering so much value at such a low price with such great warranties. It takes a lot of work to get past that old stigma of being pieces of crap.

Reliable resources like Edmunds are now rating Hyundai and Kia very favorably, and have been doing so for some time now.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 28, 2024, 07:50:11 PM »

You prob already know this, but Telluride and Palisade is basically a he same car. Telluride is way less girly imo tho. I really like the tricked out telluride from a couple of years ago before they changed the Kia logo.

If you’re going new, the Hyundai warranties are hard to beat. Prob best in the business.
That’s actually kind of my rationale.  The tellurides I’ve seen tend to be more expensive than the palisades, likely based on the “cool” factor of the telluride.  Feel like I can get some value out of that because idgaf.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 28, 2024, 08:03:42 PM »
Yeah Kia/Hyundai have come a long way, and both have great offerings
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 28, 2024, 09:34:29 PM »
I’ve got my eye on an Ioniq 5 limited AWD, but will prob just get something cheap

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 29, 2024, 08:33:11 AM »
Bought our son a Kia Soul when he turned 17.  It was a good car to get him to school and work and got decent gas mileage and that's really where the compliments end.  8 years later bought my daughter a Kia Forte. And it is very very nice.  Drives great, looks great, and gets good mileage.  What a difference 8 years make.  My MIL has a fully loaded Sportage that is very sweet as well. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 29, 2024, 08:37:41 AM »
I plan to buy lil sd a wrangler when he turns 16. because I deserved one at that age and got completely mumped out of it by my bad person parents. Golden rule like the Bible says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 29, 2024, 08:38:41 AM »
Counterpoint I bought myself a 1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe when I was 16 because the local bank was dumb enough to give me a loan so maybe god WAS looking out for his most chosen.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?
« Reply #1540 on: February 29, 2024, 11:06:59 AM »
This is timely.  Oldest just turned 16.  He’s busy enough with practices and work that we’re sick of driving him around.  What do we get?  Preferably something good enough to last him through college or to pass down to two other kids.  But he’s probably going to wreck the thing so nothing super nice.  Just an old Toyota I guess.  He’ll hate it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 29, 2024, 11:12:19 AM »
1990 Thunderbird Super Coupe

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 29, 2024, 11:31:35 AM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 29, 2024, 12:47:39 PM »
I plan to buy lil sd a wrangler when he turns 16. because I deserved one at that age and got completely mumped out of it by my bad person parents. Golden rule like the Bible says.

The Wrangler kid is both loved and hated.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 29, 2024, 03:27:55 PM »
nobody hates an ancient wrangler, PLUS if you get one with a manual trans, they will be less likely to text while driving.

look at this absolute magnet

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/778338214186475/

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: February 29, 2024, 07:35:39 PM »
SD is going to be a grand parent before me I bet.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 29, 2024, 08:09:00 PM »
i had no idea that you could buy cars on facebook

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 01, 2024, 09:04:07 AM »
Do any of you auto aficionados have any experience with the Chevy Traverse?  Mrs Schreds is looking at buying one.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: March 01, 2024, 09:07:59 AM »
Do any of you auto aficionados have any experience with the Chevy Traverse?  Mrs Schreds is looking at buying one.
My sister in law has one and she likes it. I had one as a rental last year and it drove nice. I’d probably buy one if I needed that kind of sled.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: March 01, 2024, 09:08:53 AM »
You know they make a Trahearse??