Author Topic: Fire John Currie  (Read 38459 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fire John Currie
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2016, 05:41:35 PM »

The way that email was written it seemed as if Currie was trying to convince whoever the new Prez is that he should keep his job. Very high on his AD's accomplishments towards the end.

He's hosed, and I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing he's probably looking for a new job, either way he won't be getting fired by anyone. We can and should be annoyed with him but he runs a clean department that makes money.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2016, 05:46:43 PM »
#BringKirbyHome
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2016, 05:49:44 PM »
Bob Krause, with steve dave and I taking an arm each over our shoulders to prop him up and operate him.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »
Bob Krause, with steve dave and I taking an arm each over our shoulders to prop him up and operate him.
I am getting my shovel

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2016, 10:05:51 PM »
Garth
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2016, 06:05:18 PM »
Gottlieb
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2016, 04:31:50 PM »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2016, 04:36:59 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2016, 04:39:12 PM »
I just read that. He's never going to fire him. No matter what.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2016, 04:39:51 PM »
Maybe he's just trying to convince SLU to hire him so we don't have to pay the buyout.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2016, 04:45:11 PM »
Kirk did a lot of nice things and I wish him well in the future, Currie has torched any goodwill he had from his facilities upgrades and fundraising.  I would actively root for him to fail in the future.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2016, 04:45:19 PM »
https://t.co/OK03UbXLNa

"There are a lot of examples where coaches in their fifth, sixth and seventh years really show progress," Currie said.

Only fair to evaluate him after his seventh year stretch really.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »
“I believe oscar Weber is the right coach for our program,” Currie said Monday in an interview with The Eagle.

ok, i don't.

“Clearly, he has the right values and he has been embedded in the community with his support of different things – Coaches vs. Cancer, the United Way, you name it,” Currie said.

WHO THE eff CARES

“But ultimately, it’s about the players he has brought into our program. Look at D.J. Johnson, Westicles and Claws, those are K-State guys. And they are all K-State guys who have a chance to have great seasons next year. That is a reflection of their coach.”

WHAT THE eff DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

“If we look at where we were 12 months ago and where we are now, there is a night-and-day difference. We know now today who our leadership is: seniors that have battled through adversity and young players that are, frankly, playing the best basketball of their careers.”

Okay? And won 5 conference games.

“I believe at this time next year I am going to feel really good about the progress we have made,” Currie said. “Just as good, if not better, than the progress we made from last year to now.”

I disagree.

“There is no pressure I could put on oscar Weber, LHC Bill Snyder (football), Suzie Fritz (volleyball) or Brad Hill (baseball) that they don’t already put on themselves,” Currie said. “Seriously, like I’m going to say, ‘Coach Snyder, I am really sorry about the last game, but you better win the next one.’ Come on. It’s not like they aren’t already saying that themselves. For our coaches, every season is a must-win.”

Okay, but, you CAN fire them after getting worse every year for four years.

“I was really proud of Coach Weber making some strong decisions last year,” Currie said. “But I am more impressed with the fact our freshmen this year were impressive players, good guys. They had a lot of success. Their individual stats are better than the current four-year stars in our league had as freshmen.

We won 5 conference games.

“We fought really hard this year. Obviously, we lost more games than we wanted to lose, but we had very consistent effort as a team that I really liked. I don’t think there is anybody that hasn’t seen progress that wishes to see progress. He has done a really good job of managing that bump in the road and emerging on the other side.”

ME. I want to see progress and haven't seen progress.

“There are a lot of examples where coaches in their fifth, sixth and seventh years really show progress,” Currie said.

:lol:

“I totally get that fans don’t like losing. I don’t like losing, either,” Currie said. “But people like our team. That is what I hear. Out in the social media world, I know there is going to be someone who doesn’t like something I do or doesn’t like a decision I make or doesn’t like oscar Weber. But we had good crowds at Bramlage Coliseum even though we lost some games. We had a lot of students there, too.”

“We don’t want to get in the business of excuses, but there is a fine line between excuses and analysis,” Currie said. “If you look at football and basketball this year, we had significant injuries at quarterback and point guard. Those things are factors. We don’t like them. We want to build our programs to overcome those things. But I think it is significant that this basketball team, just like our football team, got their backs to the wall and continued to fight and play well. You saw us battle in some games where we were over matched. We also won some games that, when you have lost your team, you don’t win. I think that was impressive.”

The Kamau injury is the biggest fake scape goat i've ever seen. It's not like we were on some path toward the NCAA tourney when Kamau was playing. Hell our only good win vs OU came when he was hurt. God damnit.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2016, 04:46:21 PM »
“I believe at this time next year I am going to feel really good about the progress we have made,” Currie said. “Just as good, if not better, than the progress we made from last year to now.”

The "progress" that Currie speaks of is fifteen wins to seventeen wins...

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »

That's unfair.  We were NOT on the NIT bubble last year and we were this year. Next year I expect us to be comfortably in the NIT, and maybe even hosting a game.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »

Yeah, and we scheduled that progress. We won three fewer conference games. An argument can be made that we didn't actually make any progress at all.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2016, 04:55:36 PM »
Yep, but do it again next year and we are still showing progress, I guess. 

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2016, 04:56:52 PM »
"We had good crowds at Bramlage Coliseum even though we lost some games. We had a lot of students there, too.”

In which fantasy world does Currie live in?

And of course, the Stokes injury excuse... :jerk:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2016, 04:57:32 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

really don't like currie.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2016, 04:58:08 PM »
“people like our team. that is what I hear.”

i blame the "i hate weber but like the players" crowd more than i blame currie.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2016, 04:58:59 PM »
“people like our team. that is what I hear.”

i blame the "i hate weber but like the players" crowd more than i blame currie.

Wildcat Salute's fault.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »
It is now more clear then ever that John Currie must be removed as AD from K-State.

What an idiotic statement.   Of course no AD walks in a tells a coach that they have to win the next game or else.   That's just pure comedy and absolutely sophomoric, who the hell does he think he's talking to? 

When Currie fired Deb Patterson he laid the precedent of trajectory, that precedent whether he'll admit it or not was foundation-ally based in wins and losses.   Really?  Deb Patterson didn't recruit some great gals?   Deb Patterson wasn't a pillar in the community involved in many worthwhile causes?   So now we pay basketball coaches $2 million a year to be great guys?   Now we base a team sports success on the back of individual statistics and so called individual improvement?   

What a total and absolute crock of bullshit.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2016, 05:02:49 PM »
He knows exactly who he is talking too.  A majority of our fans who are simpletons that use "family" in most of their conversations surrounding sports now. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2016, 05:03:45 PM »
He knows exactly who he is talking too.  A majority of our fans who are simpletons that use "family" in most of their conversations surrounding sports now.

Yeah, I know.