Author Topic: Fire John Currie  (Read 37876 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Fire John Currie
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2016, 10:03:13 PM »
Barf on jank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catzacker

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »
Are people trying to convince themselves Jank would be ok as our next head basketball coach?

Jesus rough ridin' Christ, guys. Just because we struck out with the hot blonde doesn't mean we have to go home with the brunette transvestite with AIDS because he says he has condoms and it's been a while since we got some.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2016, 10:09:36 PM »
Are people trying to convince themselves Jank would be ok as our next head basketball coach?

Jesus rough ridin' Christ, guys. Just because we struck out with the hot blonde doesn't mean we have to go home with the brunette transvestite with AIDS because he says he has condoms and it's been a while since we got some.

Apparently being on Larry Browns staff makes you change into a really good coach after you were previously not very good.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2016, 10:14:20 PM »

Know that no matter how things bad get for kstatesports, there'll always be a corresponding catzacker post that almost makes it all worth it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:30:30 PM by Trim »

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2016, 10:27:12 PM »
Our fans have always had a weird thing for Jank. At least with Henson you're not sure if he sucks. I mean, Jank is oscar without any of the success. If he chose to accept shitty jobs, then he showed a great lack of judgement. Which is not an awesome quality in a coach. I don't think spending time with Larry Brown makes you a great coach, it just gives you an opportunity to pick up some things from a legend. Those things don't necessarily bridge the gap between bad coach and good coach.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2016, 10:32:00 PM »
Get a good administration in place and they'll find an adequate coach.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2016, 10:35:59 PM »
Get a good administration in place and they'll find an adequate coach.

It all feels worthless until that happens. 

There's no point in even speculating what we should do because even the no brainer decisions seem like quantum physics to these guys.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2016, 10:37:18 PM »

Apparently being on Larry Browns staff makes you change into a really good coach after you were previously not very good.

You stupid asses need to learn to read better

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2016, 11:04:46 PM »

I need to apologize to wetwillie. It's moronic and irrational to think you could learn more from Larry Brown after you've been coaching for 30 years than you would from basketball greats like Dana Altman, Bob Weltlich, and Boyd Grant when you're in your twenties. Again I'm deeply sorry.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2016, 12:06:48 AM »
I believe Jank's contract makes him the HC when Brown leaves, which may very well be pretty soon.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2016, 12:19:16 AM »
John Currie gets WAY too much credit for his financial prowess.

When Currie became our AD, KState athletics was the equivalent of a single parent with 7 kids, $7 large in debt due to an absentee spouse's gambling debts, living in a trailer in a park located top-dead-center in tornado alley.  Krause, Prince, and Wefald were, in that order, impregnator, tornado, and impregnatee.

Enter Texas and Oklahoma threatening to leave the conference.

BOOM! Cash aplenty for all now-10 Big 12 schools! 

Every school in the conference has been awash in cash since the break-up threat occurred.  Think about it...have any Big 12 AD's been fired?

I rest my case. Stop giving Currie credit he did not earn. Fire John Currie. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »
Yes he's the hciw. I have no idea why a reputable program like SMU would take the word of a hall of fame coach when rando people can just evaluate him based on him being .500 at North Texas twenty years ago. Games they incidentally never saw him coach.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2016, 12:28:38 AM »
Just something to think about. And...if KSU had any interest in bringing Tim back, why haven't we heard about it?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/smu-makes-tim-jankovich-college-basketball-highest-paid-163313263.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2016, 12:40:19 AM »
Just something to think about. And...if KSU had any interest in bringing Tim back, why haven't we heard about it?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/smu-makes-tim-jankovich-college-basketball-highest-paid-163313263.html

No one mentioned K-State having interest in him. Good link though I liked this passage

On the one hand, he had an Illinois State team returning that was capable of challenging Creighton and Wichita State next season after making the Valley title game and the NIT second round last season. On the other hand, he had the promise of a hefty raise and an opportunity to one day coach in the Big East after learning under a Hall of Fame coach for a few years.

I'm sure people who's greatest exposure to him is reading his wiki page when they haven't thought of him in years have a much better grasp of his credentials though.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2016, 07:28:23 AM »

I need to apologize to wetwillie. It's moronic and irrational to think you could learn more from Larry Brown after you've been coaching for 30 years than you would from basketball greats like Dana Altman, Bob Weltlich, and Boyd Grant when you're in your twenties. Again I'm deeply sorry.

I guess Eddie Sutton and Bill Self didn't rub off on him? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »

Eddie Sutton isn't nearly the coach that Self and Brown are. I'm guessing he probably learned quite a bit from Bill Self given that he was actually pretty decent at Illinois State. Will you admit that before bones posted that link you assumed he was fired from ISU?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2016, 11:49:38 AM »
I agree that there is some merit in having a K-State connection. It was certainly a draw for me for Brad, I won't lie.

But remove the K-State connection from Jank and I guarantee most of this board would go full #BID if he was hired at K-State given his resume.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »

Eddie Sutton isn't nearly the coach that Self and Brown are. I'm guessing he probably learned quite a bit from Bill Self given that he was actually pretty decent at Illinois State. Will you admit that before bones posted that link you assumed he was fired from ISU?

Your comment about reading wikis stung me pretty good....lol.  I am probably undervaluing Browns ability to raise the level of coaching of his assistants. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »
Guys, Jank divorced Jack Hartman's daughter.   :don'tcare:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2016, 12:32:42 PM »
I don't want a guy that can't get the job at SMU without an apprenticeship

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2016, 12:51:55 PM »
Guys, no one here wants Jank

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2016, 02:06:58 PM »
Jank looks dumb, probably is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2016, 05:06:31 PM »
Cat family killer according to the Collegian.  Kiitty killer should resign.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2016, 10:23:57 PM »
Refocus on the task at hand--firing Currie

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2016, 11:11:05 PM »