Author Topic: 1, 2, Bernie's coming for you...  (Read 58027 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 1, 2, Bernie's coming for you...
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2016, 02:15:12 PM »
To be fair, I am not a fan of the executive order spree that seems to be the preferred way of doing biz for the last few presidents.  I do blame congress, the level of partisan separation, and the thought that the best way to govern is to not even listen to or engage the other party.  If congress wasn't a crap storm the office of the president wouldn't have had to wrangle a way to accomplish something(good or bad).  Congress is now more of a place to go hang out, troll ppl on twitter, and just make sure that if the other party has a president in power that they don't ever get anything they want.

Actually, given that Democrats have lost more than 1000 seats in government since Obama has started his wreck-capitalism-campaign...

Since Obama took office Democrats have lost:
** 14 Senate seats
** 69 House seats
** 12 governorships
** 910 state legislature seats
That’s over 1,000 seats lost.

You are witnessing a wave.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »
To be fair, I am not a fan of the executive order spree that seems to be the preferred way of doing biz for the last few presidents.  I do blame congress, the level of partisan separation, and the thought that the best way to govern is to not even listen to or engage the other party.  If congress wasn't a crap storm the office of the president wouldn't have had to wrangle a way to accomplish something(good or bad).  Congress is now more of a place to go hang out, troll ppl on twitter, and just make sure that if the other party has a president in power that they don't ever get anything they want.

I'm pretty much okay with this, assuming the executive order thing stops.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 10, 2016, 02:21:28 PM »
Lincoln killed it with executive orders, btw.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2016, 02:22:02 PM »

What exactly has the Republican Congress stopped Obama on? They fully funded: Obama's amnesty program, Obamacare again and again and again, vote in favor of his judicial appointments, have abided by Harry Reid and Obama's desire to end the filibuster rule for judicial appointments, allowed his fast and furious and IRS scandals to go without an independent counsel, the ONE guy in the senate, Cruz, that tried to de-fund the ACA got demonized by the establishment...!!!  The reason there is an insurgent campaign that is unseating the establishment RINO's is because they refuse to try to stop Obama. Hell, the only way the EPA got stopped/delayed on raising our utility rates is because 29 states sued to stop him. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2016, 02:22:43 PM »

Actually, given that Democrats have lost more than 1000 seats in government since Obama has started his wreck-capitalism-campaign...

Since Obama took office Democrats have lost:
** 14 Senate seats
** 69 House seats
** 12 governorships
** 910 state legislature seats
That’s over 1,000 seats lost.

You are witnessing a wave.

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2016, 02:27:19 PM »

Lincoln also killed at not caring about the 8th amendment.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2016, 02:46:48 PM »

What exactly has the Republican Congress stopped Obama on? They fully funded: Obama's amnesty program, Obamacare again and again and again, vote in favor of his judicial appointments, have abided by Harry Reid and Obama's desire to end the filibuster rule for judicial appointments, allowed his fast and furious and IRS scandals to go without an independent counsel, the ONE guy in the senate, Cruz, that tried to de-fund the ACA got demonized by the establishment...!!!  The reason there is an insurgent campaign that is unseating the establishment RINO's is because they refuse to try to stop Obama. Hell, the only way the EPA got stopped/delayed on raising our utility rates is because 29 states sued to stop him.

12/24/2009:  Senate, 58 D / 40 R
03/21/2010:  House, 253 D / 177 R

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2016, 02:49:36 PM »
All of these damnned Millenials voting for bernie..  :shakesfist: By God get off our lawns. :shakesfist:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 10, 2016, 02:53:01 PM »

Lincoln also killed at not caring about the 8th amendment.
:blank:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2016, 03:17:38 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 10, 2016, 03:36:47 PM »
Why is the wallet depicted as a blue circle?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2016, 04:30:32 PM »
Quick question for those who feel the bern: I currently pay about 40% of my income in the form of one tax or another, including 22% to the federal government (that's total tax / AGI). How much more of my income will Bernie take? I need something more specific than "according to my ability."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2016, 04:32:36 PM »
Quick question for those who feel the bern: I currently pay about 40% of my income in the form of one tax or another, including 22% to the federal government (that's total tax / AGI). How much more of my income will Bernie take? I need something more specific than "according to my ability."

I doubt it changes much. Your federal tax burden would probably increase by about 10-15%, so instead of 22% of your overall income it would be 25-26%. That's assuming Bernie could ever get congress to approve his tax increases in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:39:43 PM by Rage Against the McKee »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2016, 04:33:44 PM »
if you are relatively wealthy and you support Bernie, do the "lazy and looking for free crap" memes apply to you? or is it confirmed only people without a job that support this guy? trying to get a sense of this deal

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 10, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »

yea i dont think your tax liability will drastically increase..and the only increase you would see is to pay for single payer healthcare...but then you dont have to worry about health insurance so it will be a net gain or close to it (i know you think youll get shitty cover through single payer, not arguing that).

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 10, 2016, 04:56:04 PM »
And I'm not even feeling the bern that much. Just glad he bringing the democrats as far left as the GOP is right nowadays.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 10, 2016, 05:04:21 PM »

yea i dont think your tax liability will drastically increase..and the only increase you would see is to pay for single payer healthcare...but then you dont have to worry about health insurance so it will be a net gain or close to it (i know you think youll get shitty cover through single payer, not arguing that).

The problem with that argument for me is that my employer pays for my healthcare, and I really doubt I'd get a raise that covers the amount they've been paying.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 10, 2016, 05:13:25 PM »

The problem with that argument for me is that my employer pays for my healthcare, and I really doubt I'd get a raise that covers the amount they've been paying.

Nope Not a chance.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 10, 2016, 05:31:46 PM »
if you are relatively wealthy and you support Bernie, do the "lazy and looking for free crap" memes apply to you? or is it confirmed only people without a job that support this guy? trying to get a sense of this deal

I think it means you are willing to work for less money so lazy people millennials can have free crap.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 10, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »
I have a job and I'd take Bernie over most of the leading candidates right now (though I hope a really solid 3rd party shows up too).

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 10, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »

He's mainly going to raise the crap out of the top marginal tax rates, so you probably won't feel much of a difference. But 40% paid in taxes? That better be including more than income tax.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 10, 2016, 05:46:21 PM »

He's mainly going to raise the crap out of the top marginal tax rates, so you probably won't feel much of a difference. But 40% paid in taxes? That better be including more than income tax.

K-S-U always puts his sales tax, property tax, FICO, & social security into his "income tax" figures. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 10, 2016, 06:19:37 PM »

K-S-U always puts his sales tax, property tax, FICO, & social security into his "income tax" figures.

Also likes to use "almost over 50%" a lot too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 10, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »
Even when he wins he loses.  Hillary took the majority of delegates. :ROFL:

not accurate.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 10, 2016, 07:13:56 PM »

Also likes to use "almost over 50%" a lot too

What about the Gas Tax??? Thats gotta put him over the 50% mark.