Author Topic: 1, 2, Bernie's coming for you...  (Read 58038 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 1, 2, Bernie's coming for you...
« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2016, 08:13:36 PM »
Why is the wallet depicted as a blue circle?

He's actually reaching for the coin in the next primary coin flip with Hildebeast screaming, "Mine!"

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2016, 08:39:46 PM »

Quick question for those who feel the bern: I currently pay about 40% of my income in the form of one tax or another, including 22% to the federal government (that's total tax / AGI). How much more of my income will Bernie take? I need something more specific than "according to my ability."

He's mainly going to raise the crap out of the top marginal tax rates, so you probably won't feel much of a difference. But 40% paid in taxes? That better be including more than income tax.

K-S-U always puts his sales tax, property tax, FICO, & social security into his "income tax" figures.

Sorry - should have been more clear. My effective federal income tax rate alone is 22%. That's total fed income tax / AGI. Add in state tax, FICA, property tax, etc. and I'm pushing 40%.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:01 PM »
Quick question for those who feel the bern: I currently pay about 40% of my income in the form of one tax or another, including 22% to the federal government (that's total tax / AGI). How much more of my income will Bernie take? I need something more specific than "according to my ability."

yea i dont think your tax liability will drastically increase..and the only increase you would see is to pay for single payer healthcare...but then you dont have to worry about health insurance so it will be a net gain or close to it (i know you think youll get shitty cover through single payer, not arguing that).

Right - so if Bern gets his way, I'll pay higher taxes for the same exact "free" healthcare everybody who isn't paying as much gets, and it'll be like going to the VA. That doesn't sound fair, from my perspective.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 10, 2016, 08:43:32 PM »
To be fair, I am not a fan of the executive order spree that seems to be the preferred way of doing biz for the last few presidents.  I do blame congress, the level of partisan separation, and the thought that the best way to govern is to not even listen to or engage the other party.  If congress wasn't a crap storm the office of the president wouldn't have had to wrangle a way to accomplish something(good or bad).  Congress is now more of a place to go hang out, troll ppl on twitter, and just make sure that if the other party has a president in power that they don't ever get anything they want.

I'm pretty much okay with this, assuming the executive order thing stops.

Obama has enacted fewer executive orders than any president per year, on average, since the great Grover Cleveland.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/every-presidents-executive-actions-in-one-chart/

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 10, 2016, 08:49:40 PM »

yea i dont think your tax liability will drastically increase..and the only increase you would see is to pay for single payer healthcare...but then you dont have to worry about health insurance so it will be a net gain or close to it (i know you think youll get shitty cover through single payer, not arguing that).

Right - so if Bern gets his way, I'll pay higher taxes for the same exact "free" healthcare everybody who isn't paying as much gets, and it'll be like going to the VA. That doesn't sound fair, from my perspective.

that's the price you pay for living in a civilized society.  taxes go to all sorts of things you (and i!) don't use, not sure why you so butthurt about it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 10, 2016, 09:12:12 PM »
i'm pretty butthurt about all of my taxes that get spent on other people's kids. i'll admit.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 10, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »
To be fair, I am not a fan of the executive order spree that seems to be the preferred way of doing biz for the last few presidents.  I do blame congress, the level of partisan separation, and the thought that the best way to govern is to not even listen to or engage the other party.  If congress wasn't a crap storm the office of the president wouldn't have had to wrangle a way to accomplish something(good or bad).  Congress is now more of a place to go hang out, troll ppl on twitter, and just make sure that if the other party has a president in power that they don't ever get anything they want.

I'm pretty much okay with this, assuming the executive order thing stops.

Obama has enacted fewer executive orders than any president per year, on average, since the great Grover Cleveland.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/every-presidents-executive-actions-in-one-chart/

It isn't the quantity, it's the quality, or lack there of.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 10, 2016, 09:22:20 PM »

that's the price you pay for living in a civilized society.  taxes go to all sorts of things you (and i!) don't use, not sure why you so butthurt about it.

I don't think society would be any less civilized if everyone paid a flat 12% federal income tax.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 10, 2016, 10:11:21 PM »
Bernie is going to be beaten, BIG LEAGUE  :billdance:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 11, 2016, 06:03:06 AM »
i'm pretty butthurt about all of my taxes that get spent on other people's kids. i'll admit.

I justify it by telling myself that I really don't want to be surrounded by people even dumber than they already are.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 11, 2016, 07:46:18 AM »
Can we go back to the part where @Ptolemy thought a Republican controlled Congress failed to stop Obamacare?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 11, 2016, 07:48:31 AM »
Lemy is a sock, and a bad one at that.  Don't engage.  It is just talking points with non rational thought mixed in with links from lol land.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2016, 10:13:42 AM »
Can we go back to the part where @Ptolemy thought a Republican controlled Congress failed to stop Obamacare?

Not talking about when it was passed via reconciliation into law. Was referring to the numerous omnibus spending bills passed under a Republican controlled congress that had opportunities to defund it. Remember Cruz shutting down government? (Sheesh!)

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2016, 10:54:44 AM »

And I don't think it's fair that some people are born rich, while others are born poor...alas life ain't fair.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 11, 2016, 10:57:13 AM »
Lemy is a sock, and a bad one at that.  Don't engage.  It is just talking points with non rational thought mixed in with links from lol land.

Took me far too long to realize this.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »
I'm reasonably sure my company would raise salaries if they didn't have to pay for health care. The Bay Area market is competitive enough that it that it would start happening or employees will jump ship to renegotiate new higher salaries (as they do already). You would also likely see premium coverage offered/given by companies that treat their employees well.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »
I mean, companies weren't legally required to offer any health insurance for the last thirty years and most still did.  Why would that change just because the mechanism that funds it shifts? 

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 11, 2016, 11:17:07 AM »
I mean, companies weren't legally required to offer any health insurance for the last thirty years and most still did.  Why would that change just because the mechanism that funds it shifts?

because the sky is falling.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 11, 2016, 11:25:52 AM »

because employees would probably prefer to have increased salaries rather than redundant health care.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 11, 2016, 11:28:25 AM »

because employees would probably prefer to have increased salaries rather than redundant health care.

And employers would rather pay a salary than deal with the administrative headache of negotiating and offering the health care.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 11, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »

And I don't think it's fair that some people are born rich, while others are born poor...alas life ain't fair.

True, life isn't fair. that doesn't mean the government should heap one unfairness on top of another. Just because many people are born poor doesn't make it "fair" to seize a higher percentage of other people's money to "even things out." It also doesn't work, but that's another issue.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 11, 2016, 11:43:45 AM »
Maybe your employer pays your healthcare tax for you  :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 11, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »
Maybe your employer pays your entire salary to the health care fund, and then the health care fund pays you, minus the expense for your health care.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 11, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
That doesn't seem efficient

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 11, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »
I'm sure there will be plenty of docs who step outside the single payer spectrum on a cash/subscription basis.  Therefore rich people will still have better care.