Author Topic: 40 Acres and a Mule  (Read 5246 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: 40 Acres and a Mule
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 01:19:46 PM »
Obviously, I'm questioning the idea of compensation through the "granting of education", not the merits of education in society in general.

Good grief
Obviously you are against reparations in general and aren't interested in discussing hypotheticals.  If that wasn't the case, your post dismissing ed as a method is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) once you turn around and acknowledge their benefits to society.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 01:20:49 PM »
How did we handle reparations for Japanese internment camps?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 01:28:38 PM »
As a group black people have not been very interested in education, maybe we could have several choices of compensation and let each beneficiary decide.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 01:39:42 PM »
How did we handle reparations for Japanese internment camps?

There were only about 100,000 Japanese-Americans that received the $20,000 payment and formal apology. The $20,000 wasn't much for some people who lost businesses. The more interesting thing for me is that Ronald Regan gave a formal apology. The United States has yet to offer a formal apology for slavery, pretty disgusting.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 01:50:56 PM »
Obviously, I'm questioning the idea of compensation through the "granting of education", not the merits of education in society in general.

Good grief
Obviously you are against reparations in general and aren't interested in discussing hypotheticals.  If that wasn't the case, your post dismissing ed as a method is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) once you turn around and acknowledge their benefits to society.

You can't grant education anymore than you can grant intelligence. This isn't world of war craft, and the government can't cast a spell of education upon the alleged aggrieved.

You can grant access to education, but that's not presently restricted. You can give more schlorships, grants, etc., but how does that help the aggrieved uninterested or too old for education?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »
Since it hasn't been done yet, I'll go ahead and issue an apology to the enslaved on behalf od the u.s. government.  Apology issued.

There, one problem solved. Thank god for Ronald Reagan.

Question, have the enslaved issued a formal thank you to the millions of men who died fighting the civil war? That needs to be done pronto. Let's get all these loose ends tied up.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »
I seem to recall that the Japanese sent to Interment campus were American Citizens.

Does anyone know if the Irish slave decedents  who were sold to settlers by the thousands of what was to become the United States have sought reparations?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »
There's nary a person in this country who hasn't been a victim of the government at some point in time, and certainly their ancestors have faced harsher grievances. So many people immigrated to the u.s. due to disparate treatment abroad, came here dirt poor with their property and belonging abandoned back home. Many arguably began in a worse position than the freed man, some better.  None of these people seek reparations. All value the "opportunity" this country affords.

That is why the idea of reparations seems so petty, unjust and unwarranted. The situation is barely unique, save for the specific government causing the harm (which it has subsequently corrected).

There is no end to the damages that the u.s. government would have to pay.  Everyone is born into a unique circumstance, and to generally pay one group of people money for the most common circumstance their designated group is born into is to afford a windfall to some, prejudice to others, insufficient compensation to some, and harm to everyone else. It is absolutely preposterous that intelligent people are willing to entertain such a sloppy and unjust exercise.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2015, 03:12:42 PM »
I seem to recall that the Japanese sent to Interment campus were American Citizens.

Are you suggesting that slaves shouldn't be considered American citizens?

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »
I don't think you'll have much luck getting any reparations out of those african tribes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2021, 08:31:05 PM »
My views on reparations has evolved in the last 6 years, I'm 100% all in on reparations.

That being said, this ain't it :facepalm: white guilt is a disability

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/04/993643759/show-me-the-money

The tl,dr here is a woman in Vermont wrote a letter saying white people, literal individuals needed to give black folks money, and not just a few dollars but "enough for you to feel it" and people actually gave thousands of dollars. WTF?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2021, 08:37:02 PM »
white people are weird.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2021, 09:08:16 PM »

I still get stuck on issues that propagate through generations re reparations where I get to the point of let's just make this country a generally good place to live (go after child poverty ect rather than try to identify everyone with x lineage).

Do both!

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2021, 09:59:42 PM »
Are there even enough mules in this country to give every black person?  I mean, mules can’t even reproduce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2021, 01:01:24 AM »
There's nary a person in this country who hasn't been a victim of the government at some point in time, and certainly their ancestors have faced harsher grievances. So many people immigrated to the u.s. due to disparate treatment abroad, came here dirt poor with their property and belonging abandoned back home. Many arguably began in a worse position than the freed man, some better.  None of these people seek reparations. All value the "opportunity" this country affords.

That is why the idea of reparations seems so petty, unjust and unwarranted. The situation is barely unique, save for the specific government causing the harm (which it has subsequently corrected).

There is no end to the damages that the u.s. government would have to pay.  Everyone is born into a unique circumstance, and to generally pay one group of people money for the most common circumstance their designated group is born into is to afford a windfall to some, prejudice to others, insufficient compensation to some, and harm to everyone else. It is absolutely preposterous that intelligent people are willing to entertain such a sloppy and unjust exercise.

Counterpoint- My two best friends both personally received 500k each in ppe loans for businesses they own or are partners in that the won’t have to repay.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2021, 12:22:23 PM »

Counterpoint- My two best friends both personally received 500k each in ppe loans for businesses they own or are partners in that the won’t have to repay.

Yeah, the argument that government can't cure every government created ill is a really stupid rough ridin' argument. There are literally thousands of examples of the government throwing millions, billions, trillions of dollars at attempting to correct ills, created by them or otherwise. There are countless grants, subsidies, loan programs, even other reparation programs, that have and currently are helping all kinds of people. The argument of who gets reparations is also a poor one, we've been tracking social security numbers for us citizens for 85 years, it's very easy to determine who are descendents of slaves.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2021, 09:31:15 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2021, 09:38:37 AM »
oh dear

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2021, 10:01:30 AM »
"Can I have $5?"

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2021, 10:40:33 AM »
Pretty typical of those dumb shits to go thru a black neighborhood and talk crap about reparations, but definitely not coming out of their pocket.  It's amazing how stupid people can be and not know it.  Most of them didn't even know what the money was going to.  :lol:

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2021, 12:23:02 PM »
Pretty typical of those dumb shits to go thru a black neighborhood and talk crap about reparations, but definitely not coming out of their pocket.  It's amazing how stupid people can be and not know it.  Most of them didn't even know what the money was going to.  :lol:

As cringy as that was, the thought absolutely counts for something. I'm not going to crush these regular ass people for not having answers to how reparations should work. We need more vocal allies and people shouldn't feel like they have to be perfect when advocating.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2021, 12:57:36 PM »
Yeah, I agreed that their heart is in the right place. Loved the woman who said she saw "white solidarity" and decided she didn't want to stick around.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2021, 01:40:12 AM »
A dumb eff is a dumb eff.  That's what channel 5 hosts were making very clear.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.