Author Topic: It's Leavitt  (Read 73028 times)

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: It's Leavitt
« Reply #275 on: January 04, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »
how can you not like Leavitt after that article.  #1Cat

Venables is #1 on my wishlist.  However, if it's Leavitt, I'd still be pretty pumped

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2017, 07:50:27 AM »
the venn diagram of football coaches vs human beings who find visors attractive is just one circle, with maybe a sliver left over for 1999 8th graders

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 05, 2017, 08:46:11 AM »
Doesn't all of this force ADJC (or whomever it is at the time) to hire someone at least as good as Levitt? This can't be anything but a good thing for our Cats, right?
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 05, 2017, 09:21:12 AM »
this is like when that girl that you kinda had a crush on ends up being way to overbearing and telling you too much/how much she likes you..
Its like hey, cool, let's be friends instead then..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 05, 2017, 10:44:10 AM »
Fleck gonna go to Minny now.

Well, maybe. Here's where the Kill thing shows its head again. Claeys is a Kill protege and Minnesota clearly did him dirty. It makes no sense to fire a Kill protege after he won 9 games to hire another Kill protege.

Complete agree, it's a weird situation. They fire Claeys, then Kill talks crap on them, and now there are grumblings that Fleck to Minny is a done deal.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 05, 2017, 10:49:57 AM »
So how quickly would JC hire Claeys if our HC job came open?  He fits every Currie criteria

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 05, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »
how can you not like Leavitt after that article.  #1Cat

Venables is #1 on my wishlist.  However, if it's Leavitt, I'd still be pretty pumped

This.

Like poster said, this getting out puts more heat on Currie not to hire some dipwad for the job.  God I just wish Currie would go to Georgia Tech or Texas or somewhere else.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 05, 2017, 12:23:37 PM »
So how quickly would JC hire Claeys if our HC job came open?  He fits every Currie criteria

The reason he got fired from Minnesota would disqualify him from what the hive thinks Currie's agenda/criteria is. Claeys seems to be the Anti-oscar.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #283 on: January 05, 2017, 01:10:04 PM »
Here is what I think while we watch Minnesota seemingly pick a new coach in a vacuum...

If some of the names thrown out there are really interested in the job, then we don't have anything to worry about.  Minnesota is not a great job.  They are about as far away from legitimate talent centers as you can conceivably be, and while they have some historical significance back in the leather helmet days, they haven't been a factor on the national stage in years.

Fun Facts:

Kansas State has been to more bowls historically.  We've been to 20, they've been to 19.  Their record is 7-12, ours is 8-12. 

Kansas State has been ranked in the AP poll more total weeks than Minnesota, historically (208 to 160).

BSFS has a larger stadium capacity than TCF Bank Stadium.

Minnesota hasn't won a conference title since 1967.

Kansas State is 2-1 vs. Minnesota all-time.  :D

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 05, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »

The reason he got fired from Minnesota would disqualify him from what the hive thinks Currie's agenda/criteria is. Claeys seems to be the Anti-oscar.

I think he got fire for not being proven mediocre also...which Currie likes.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 05, 2017, 01:27:07 PM »
I have been in contact with some 'tucks who would love to have him.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 05, 2017, 01:33:35 PM »
Here is what I think while we watch Minnesota seemingly pick a new coach in a vacuum...

If some of the names thrown out there are really interested in the job, then we don't have anything to worry about.  Minnesota is not a great job.  They are about as far away from legitimate talent centers as you can conceivably be, and while they have some historical significance back in the leather helmet days, they haven't been a factor on the national stage in years.

Fun Facts:

Kansas State has been to more bowls historically.  We've been to 20, they've been to 19.  Their record is 7-12, ours is 8-12. 

Kansas State has been ranked in the AP poll more total weeks than Minnesota, historically (208 to 160).

I don't appreciate you saying disparaging things about Minnesota's program right before showing how similar they are to us (minus conference titles).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 05, 2017, 01:41:26 PM »

Well you'd be wrong, it's fine though.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2017, 01:42:50 PM »

Fun Facts:

I don't appreciate you saying disparaging things about Minnesota's program right before showing how similar they are to us (minus conference titles).

I'm basically assuming everyone realizes that we started trying 25 years ago.  We condensed our success in 25 years while theirs goes back a century or more.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2017, 01:44:52 PM »
If only Coney Durr had picked KSU.  He was our top CB target last year (that we had a shot of getting)

https://twitter.com/CD16ERA/status/816413714060611584

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 05, 2017, 01:47:16 PM »

I typed that like wack.  I meant he is very blah, and supported the players boycott.  I think the gophers wanted Fleck badly and will likely back up whatever brinks truck their frozen alumni have.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
Claeys really didn't have the Minnesota job long enough to draw any conclusions, but 9 wins at Minnesota in his only full season there isn't bad at all.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2017, 01:55:02 PM »
Claeys really didn't have the Minnesota job long enough to draw any conclusions, but 9 wins at Minnesota in his only full season there isn't bad at all.

His best win was like Northwestern or CSU.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »

I typed that like wack.  I meant he is very blah, and supported the players boycott.  I think the gophers wanted Fleck badly and will likely back up whatever brinks truck their frozen alumni have.

That's fair. I trashed Claeys like 48 hours ago, it's probably more because of how he looks than how he coached.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »

That's fair. I trashed Claeys like 48 hours ago, it's probably more because of how he looks than how he coached.

When I look at him he is football Oscar without a national title game.  He checks almost every box

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:56 PM »

His best win was like Northwestern or CSU.

If you don't count Washington State, sure. Still, he won 9 games in his first full season coaching the Minnesota Gophers. Firing him is weird. It's not like a Big 10 schedule is ever going to be difficult.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2017, 02:20:07 PM »
I think it's reasonable to compare Minnesota to us as far as attractiveness. We prolly carry a little more weight w/ our proximity and presence in TX (state champs and all).
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2017, 02:27:17 PM »
I think it's reasonable to compare Minnesota to us as far as attractiveness. We prolly carry a little more weight w/ our proximity and presence in TX (state champs and all).

I think my overall point is that we can probably expect to see a name like PJ Fleck if we had an opening.  It gives me some level of optimism.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »

Fun Facts:

I'm basically assuming everyone realizes that we started trying 25 years ago.  We condensed our success in 25 years while theirs goes back a century or more.

THIS^

They have 7 "claimed" national championships but haven't done anything since Lyndon B Johnson was in fighting shape.

The turnaround story is cool and all, but there are many times I wish K-State had a few random good years with "claimed" natty's to put on our scoreboard instead of the Big Blog Best Pregame traditional "claim."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2017, 02:58:32 PM »
I appreciate K-State for having all of their success after I was born. It would be a lot harder to care about football as a Minnesota alum.